Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

fixed

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 6 years ago by JosephusMinimus.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

do u guys beleive the lottery is fixed

fixed [ 23 ]  [41.07%]
not fixed [ 20 ]  [35.71%]
just a conspiracy theory [ 13 ]  [23.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 56 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
cornwall,ct
United States
Member #102636
December 23, 2010
245 Posts
Posted: April 11, 2011, 3:23 am - IP Logged

Google is the lottery fixed and read the article

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2659 Posts
    Posted: April 11, 2011, 6:43 am - IP Logged

couldn't tell ya myself .... but am on a smallish streak ...but I know as soon as I post this ... I'll wind up trading a smallish win for a pair of losers Roll Eyes

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      rekjavik
      Iceland
      Member #99537
      October 27, 2010
      177 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2011, 7:30 am - IP Logged

In Pennsylvania, in 2000, the daily number WAS in fact fixed?

It's true...and was called the "Triple Six Fix" when the three digits "666" came up and CASHED in for 3.5 million dollars. But it turns out that the ping pong balls were WEIGHTED down, with the exception of 4's and 6's, making the outcome mathematically almost impossible to miss for players. 7 people were indicted....

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7322 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2011, 10:38 am - IP Logged

In Pennsylvania, in 2000, the daily number WAS in fact fixed?

It's true...and was called the "Triple Six Fix" when the three digits "666" came up and CASHED in for 3.5 million dollars. But it turns out that the ping pong balls were WEIGHTED down, with the exception of 4's and 6's, making the outcome mathematically almost impossible to miss for players. 7 people were indicted....

But that fix was done to benefit a group of players and not the lottery. The real fix was made by the Tennessee Lottery when their pick-3 and pick-4 RNG was programed not to include repeating digits. For over 6 weeks all the drawing results were 3 or 4 different digits and nobody playing doubles could have won.

Charges of defrauding the public were never made against the Tennessee Lottery Commission.

NASHVILLE, TENN
          United States
          Member #33372
          February 20, 2006
          1044 Posts
          Posted: April 11, 2011, 10:56 am - IP Logged

I discarded my vote.  At this point in time there is no smoking gun as to whether or not the computer games are fixed.  Mistakes are being made such as the denials Tennessee made when they switched to RNG.  Ocasssonal events where balls are weighted down are rare such as the episode in Kentucky and the one mentioned here (which I had not heard about). 

Having said this, my thoughts are that RNG's are manipulated to an extent.  Just what that extent might be is still unknown.  Ball drops are still the preferred method if for no other reason than the players can see what is happening. This is not true with RNG's. 

Why would any lottery program opt to deny the players an opportunity to witness the numbers as they dropped out?  There can be only one reaon: to manipulate the outcome.  If anyone can think of another reason, I would like to hear it.

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49835 Posts
            Posted: April 11, 2011, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Unless physical evidence can be provide that this is happening its just conjecture: The Story is just a Fairy Tale!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
              The Ville, FL
              United States
              Member #95879
              August 19, 2010
              1708 Posts
              Posted: April 11, 2011, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Unless physical evidence can be provide that this is happening its just conjecture: The Story is just a Fairy Tale!

I agree...That article is just some individuals conspiracy theory

mitch13's avatar - darksword
                northwood,ohio
                United States
                Member #90211
                April 23, 2010
                4598 Posts
                Posted: April 11, 2011, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Its just how i think,but gas prices are fixed .You think about  it,Ohio paid out 2.5 million dollars on those t 111 sunday lets see what drops today. i say  a double or a series numder .

The Ville, FL
                  United States
                  Member #95879
                  August 19, 2010
                  1708 Posts
                  Posted: April 11, 2011, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Wow so 7 people so far actually think the Lottery is fixed? Come on guys

Who are they fixing it for? Random individuals every drawing? Who does that benefit?

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                    Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #103813
                    January 5, 2011
                    1530 Posts
                    Posted: April 11, 2011, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

The poll is somewhat loaded, given that you can only answer fixed or not fixed.(conspiracy theory is same as not fixed)

But is it possible that a very small part of the lottery could be fixed? To that I would answer yes.

That is precisely the reason they do all the pre-checks on the RNG and the bouncing balls, because of the potential for tampering/fraud. And who is the fox guarding the henhouse? The government is littered with cases of fraud and abuse, and the Lottery Commission is part of the government. Do you trust all those guys and their business friends, and the computer guy running the machines?

Simple mantra: Trust but verify.

I don't believe the whole lottery is fixed and thus I continue to play. Just like anything, just because there could be some fraud doens't mean you throw up your hands and walk away. You watch and monitor, always pushing for full disclosure and transparency.

They would have to wait the right time and the right accomplice, pick the right game or portion of a game, and just tilt the odds in their favor slightly. That's all it would take. And then walk away quietly.

mitch13's avatar - darksword
                      northwood,ohio
                      United States
                      Member #90211
                      April 23, 2010
                      4598 Posts
                      Posted: April 11, 2011, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Its just how i think,but gas prices are fixed .You think about  it,Ohio paid out 2.5 million dollars on those t 111 sunday lets see what drops today. i say  a double or a series numder .

My misstake 2.1 million, todays p3 345 $120.000.00 the numbers speak for themselfs.I dont think all the games are fixed just some . I agree to disagree you all of you guys ,but lets not kid ourselfs.They change people for the show of it, it just looks good.I bet if 123 or 756 would have came out they would have paid another 2.1 million out.Ok  i say a double drops tonite. Why are some numbers shut off.p4 try to buy 1111 1121 I dare you LOL.Good day.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10354 Posts
                        Posted: April 11, 2011, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Why do people who really believe it's fixed play it?

With paranoia you'll never have to dine alone!

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3475 Posts
                          Posted: April 11, 2011, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

But that fix was done to benefit a group of players and not the lottery. The real fix was made by the Tennessee Lottery when their pick-3 and pick-4 RNG was programed not to include repeating digits. For over 6 weeks all the drawing results were 3 or 4 different digits and nobody playing doubles could have won.

Charges of defrauding the public were never made against the Tennessee Lottery Commission.

There are a few problems with calling that  an example of a lottery being fixed. First, there's absolutely no evidence that it was done intentionally, which means it was a "just" a flaw. Second, what did it do to the odds of winning? If everybody picked their numbers randomly it wouldn't have had any effect. Obviously some people would have had no chance of winning, but those who didn't use doubles or triples would have had a better chance of winning. In fact, IIRC, some players seemed to catch on and made a point of avoiding doubles and triples, thereby increasing their chances of winning.

The Ville, FL
                            United States
                            Member #95879
                            August 19, 2010
                            1708 Posts
                            Posted: April 11, 2011, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

My misstake 2.1 million, todays p3 345 $120.000.00 the numbers speak for themselfs.I dont think all the games are fixed just some . I agree to disagree you all of you guys ,but lets not kid ourselfs.They change people for the show of it, it just looks good.I bet if 123 or 756 would have came out they would have paid another 2.1 million out.Ok  i say a double drops tonite. Why are some numbers shut off.p4 try to buy 1111 1121 I dare you LOL.Good day.

When you say "why are some #s shut off?" what do you mean? Do you mean " off" as in a person cannot purchase a particular # some days?

If that is what you mean, the reason is that the lottery sets a liability limit. I believe here in FL the limit s $5 Million per pick. In other words, they want the max payout on any given # to be $5 Million. Once the potential payout reaches that amount they stop sales on that # combination. That is completely understandable, the lottery is running a business & they cant lose money

BTW - If there is a certain combo that you want (1111/1121) then buy it in the morning! That way you still have a chance. Its not some conspiracy against Mitch13 ;) you just have to get the pick early. Same goes for more popular combos like 7777 or 5050

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #92330
                              June 5, 2010
                              887 Posts
                              Posted: April 11, 2011, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

There's the case of Tennessee with their RNG no allowing doubles/triples, but aside from that I believe it's definitely not fixed. Ball drawings go through many different tests to ensure the numbers are pure randomness.