Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

fixed

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 6 years ago by JosephusMinimus.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

do u guys beleive the lottery is fixed

fixed [ 23 ]  [41.07%]
not fixed [ 20 ]  [35.71%]
just a conspiracy theory [ 13 ]  [23.21%]
Total Valid Votes [ 56 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
The Ville, FL
United States
Member #95879
August 19, 2010
1708 Posts
Posted: April 11, 2011, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

There's the case of Tennessee with their RNG no allowing doubles/triples, but aside from that I believe it's definitely not fixed. Ball drawings go through many different tests to ensure the numbers are pure randomness.

Whats the deal with Tennessee & RNG not allowing dbles/trips?

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6290 Posts
    Posted: April 12, 2011, 8:21 am - IP Logged

Why do people who really believe it's fixed play it?

With paranoia you'll never have to dine alone!

Wink

LOL.....I Agree!

Milwaukee, WI
      United States
      Member #3131
      December 27, 2003
      665 Posts
      Posted: April 16, 2011, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions is designed to go between Ohio and New York  with a few teasers in between...

At least that is my conspirathy  theory!  :-)

kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
        cornwall,ct
        United States
        Member #102636
        December 23, 2010
        245 Posts
        Posted: April 16, 2011, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

so true.ny won last night.two in a row.

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
          Northern Virginia
          United States
          Member #83350
          December 5, 2009
          1317 Posts
          Posted: April 16, 2011, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

In Pennsylvania, in 2000, the daily number WAS in fact fixed?

It's true...and was called the "Triple Six Fix" when the three digits "666" came up and CASHED in for 3.5 million dollars. But it turns out that the ping pong balls were WEIGHTED down, with the exception of 4's and 6's, making the outcome mathematically almost impossible to miss for players. 7 people were indicted....

Actually, that happened way back on 24 April 1980.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7322 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2011, 10:43 am - IP Logged

There are a few problems with calling that  an example of a lottery being fixed. First, there's absolutely no evidence that it was done intentionally, which means it was a "just" a flaw. Second, what did it do to the odds of winning? If everybody picked their numbers randomly it wouldn't have had any effect. Obviously some people would have had no chance of winning, but those who didn't use doubles or triples would have had a better chance of winning. In fact, IIRC, some players seemed to catch on and made a point of avoiding doubles and triples, thereby increasing their chances of winning.

"First, there's absolutely no evidence that it was done intentionally, which means it was a "just" a flaw."

About 10 days into the "no doubles anywhere" run, one of the LP's Tennessee players emailed the TN Lottery about it. My claim of a fix was based on the response given by the TN Lottery and posted on LP. Basically it said the RNG had been tested several times and in fact "double numbers" had been drawn during the tests.

When the TN Lottery finally admitted the flaw in their system, that explanation would have prevented doubles from being drawn during tests. I never questioned the authenticity of the email.

"Second, what did it do to the odds of winning?"

Absolutely nothing if it was a fact the RNG was tested and double numbers were drawn. Without any response from the TN Lottery, the odds for players going with the "no doubles" streak were better for the next 4 weeks.

I completely understood the TN Lottery's explanation after they acknowledged the flaw and I'm not someone who will quickly jump onto the conspiracy bandwagon. However when no doubles are drawn in either the pick-3 or pick-4 games twice a day for over a month, an eyebrow or two should be raised.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5124 Posts
              Posted: April 20, 2011, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Google is the lottery fixed and read the article

PartyJack-in-the-Box>>>>>>>>>>>PSYKO voted 4D theory of D fixxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!

Note, we play D lotto and lottery that feature BALL$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

Some may find that  BALL$$$$$$$$ don't meat their christian standards , OK

play RNG (no balls)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PukeJesterBig Grin AngelBig Grin SantaPukeDrumWhite BounceWhite Bounce         

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                rekjavik
                Iceland
                Member #99537
                October 27, 2010
                177 Posts
                Posted: April 20, 2011, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Actually, that happened way back on 24 April 1980.

Thanks for the correction. I just thought it was important. lol ;)

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                  Denver, Co
                  United States
                  Member #103046
                  December 29, 2010
                  546 Posts
                  Posted: April 20, 2011, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Fixed? I hope so, I didn't even know it was broken.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

United States
                    Member #105312
                    January 29, 2011
                    435 Posts
                    Posted: April 23, 2011, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Fixed? I hope so, I didn't even know it was broken.

Most don't seem broken to me.

I think most lotteries go to a lot of trouble to maintain tight draw security, trustworthy records, oversight, and use a lot of other measures to establish they're worthy of public trust.  I believe most can be trusted as well as any other group of citizens handling large sums of money, including banks, stockbrokers, and government agencies.

Which isn't the same as saying they're completely trustworthy, though I think they try hard to be, partly because so many people believe lotteries are fixed.  They have to go the extra mile to avoid the appearance of anything that would cause mistrust.  In that, some don't succeed because of what appears to be a lack of awareness of the acute and occasionally justified suspicion on the part of ticket-buyers.

One illustration is 4 minute draw Keno games in several states.  A number of states take the realistic view that players want to see the results on display of the draws they bought tickets for.  I believe they are correct.

But several states actually expect a player to put in the ticket # or his/her picks and allow a machine or clerk somewhere to examine what's on the ticket and pronounce the ticket a winner or loser.

For the most part I don't mistrust the official lotteries.  But if the lotteries won't provide the results of the games for the previous day, week, some reasonable time period, I'd be seriously tempted to believe they have a reason for refusing.  I can't imagine buying a ticket for a game of that sort.

I don't care if it's paranoid.  If they hide something I'd rather not invest a dollar trusting they don't have a reason for hiding it.

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                      Cordova,Al.
                      United States
                      Member #104482
                      January 15, 2011
                      4927 Posts
                      Posted: April 23, 2011, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

are you serious, Tennessee don't  allow double/ triples this not a pure RNG  drawing . If Tennessee lottery has been drawing it number twice a day even 3 years that over 2000 drawing there  is no way in-------IN God Green earth  you don't get at least  a few doubles/ triples. How can they treat the players that way? What are they afraid of? They might have to pay [$500] for triples. This to hard to believe.   WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

United States
                        Member #105312
                        January 29, 2011
                        435 Posts
                        Posted: April 23, 2011, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

are you serious, Tennessee don't  allow double/ triples this not a pure RNG  drawing . If Tennessee lottery has been drawing it number twice a day even 3 years that over 2000 drawing there  is no way in-------IN God Green earth  you don't get at least  a few doubles/ triples. How can they treat the players that way? What are they afraid of? They might have to pay [$500] for triples. This to hard to believe.   WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was discussed earlier in the thread and it appears the TN lottery sold tickets to players for numbers that couldn't hit because of the RNG programming.  There's a world of difference between selling tickets where players are unlikely to win, but buy a risk quantified by what's printed on the back of the playslip, and selling tickets with absolute certainty of not winning.

Whether or not this was intentional, if what's been described above is true the Official TN Lottery misrepresented the product TN players had documented reasons for believing they were buying.

Whatever the TN lottery is guilty of would seem at least to be deceptive trade practices and players who bought tickets betting on numbers impossible to win would seem to be within their rights to have their money returned.

On the other hand, a person who buys a ticket for the 4 minute keno game in Missouri, say, or California and several other states has no reason to believe a draw even happened.  The purchaser of the ticket asks, "Confirm for me these numbers didn't win the draw you claim happened"  and has no way of knowing whether there's an automatic computer response, "Nope, sorry, these ones didn't win.".

kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
                          cornwall,ct
                          United States
                          Member #102636
                          December 23, 2010
                          245 Posts
                          Posted: April 25, 2011, 4:10 am - IP Logged

Powerball now has a replay option where the cashier does not need your number slip but just the ticket to replay that same set of numbers for the same number of draws.it stamps a r on each ticket(replay).I think this used in some way to track which numbers are played more often.I think this option is available for all games except pick 3&4.

United States
                            Member #105312
                            January 29, 2011
                            435 Posts
                            Posted: April 25, 2011, 8:48 am - IP Logged

That TN problem, assuming it's true, is an example of a lottery operation leaving itself open to accusations of 'fixing' the draws by not having automatic safeguards in place.  That has to begin with an attentiveness to public complaints and methods of checking whether those complaints contain any basis for criticism of the game in question.  An industry standard would be helpful, and certainly some sort of independent ombudsman to liaison with the public.

But most official lottery websites convey the impression they believe their players are stupider than they might actually be.  The happy faces, dancing animations, and dollar signs are intended to raise the level of excitement about the games, but there's usually no easy way mentioned for players to contact them with problems or expressions of mistrust.

Missouri has a blog, but the only comments allowed involve response to what's been posted by the LC.

But Missouri Lottery Commission manages to trump every lottery in the US in conveying scorn for intelligence of the people who buy tickets for their games.

Posters on LP, hundreds of them, are excited and enthusiastic about playing lottery games.  Maybe some lottery commissions such as Missouri and Tennessee consider that proof of their stupidity.

atlanta
                              United States
                              Member #13754
                              April 13, 2005
                              53 Posts
                              Posted: April 25, 2011, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

It could be fixed to a certain extend....but then again you have to ask yourself why are they setting limits?