Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why does New York always win MM & PB?

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
Member #41383
June 16, 2006
1969 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2011, 2:28 am - IP Logged

The Human Brain has the ability to Perceive Patterns where None Exists!

That is very true.

The worst possible witness in a crime is the EYE Witness.

And in the case of the lottery, too many times people think they see something that is not there, or they try to convince their brain to pick their 'favorite numbers' and think they have a justification. Never fall in love with a number or series of numbers.

Just because you like Rick Hendrick Motorsports doesn't mean you should run out and buy tickets with #5, #24, #48, and for sake of argument, #8.

Same for #27, 29, 31, 33.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7309 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2011, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it's because they sell more tickets really.  Have you all noticed this state wins more than any of the others.

I think I'm going to have someone in NY buy tickets for me & mail them to me.  I'll almost be guarateed to win (at least something)!

On another thread I read, "This is #38. (jackpot winner) Indiana had the most Powerball wins even with #37. lol"

Which is it, does NY win all the jackpots, do they split all the jackpots with Indiana, and why are those people from other states holding gigantic checks saying they won jackpots too?

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: April 28, 2011, 3:10 am - IP Logged

On another thread I read, "This is #38. (jackpot winner) Indiana had the most Powerball wins even with #37. lol"

Which is it, does NY win all the jackpots, do they split all the jackpots with Indiana, and why are those people from other states holding gigantic checks saying they won jackpots too?

Repost:

As far as the State that sold the PB jackpot winning ticket, here they are, in descending order, going back a few years:

IN FL NY NY NJ NC AR KY OK KS WI FL SC IN PA PA NM PA OK LA SC MN OK NM NH SC WI OR AZ MO MO NE IA MO OR.

It goes in Cycles.

PA won 3 of 4 Jackpots a few years ago, and I remember BACK THEN folks were whining about a 'conspiracy theory', and I said back then the same thing I say now: things go in Cycles. Funny to note PA has not won one since.  They will, in time.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: April 28, 2011, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

That is very true.

The worst possible witness in a crime is the EYE Witness.

And in the case of the lottery, too many times people think they see something that is not there, or they try to convince their brain to pick their 'favorite numbers' and think they have a justification. Never fall in love with a number or series of numbers.

Just because you like Rick Hendrick Motorsports doesn't mean you should run out and buy tickets with #5, #24, #48, and for sake of argument, #8.

Same for #27, 29, 31, 33.

Yeah, and especially not #24.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke