Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Saved my change for the entire school year...

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 6 years ago by dk1421.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What should I buy with my ~$100?

MM/PB Tickets [ 6 ]  [30.00%]
$1 Scratch-Offs [ 1 ]  [5.00%]
$2 Scratch-Offs [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
$5 Scratch-Offs [ 2 ]  [10.00%]
$10 Scratch-Offs [ 2 ]  [10.00%]
$20 Scratch-Offs [ 4 ]  [20.00%]
Pick 3 [ 2 ]  [10.00%]
Pick 4 [ 2 ]  [10.00%]
Ohio Classic Lotto [ 1 ]  [5.00%]
Ohio's Ten-OH [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 20 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
Member #13130
March 30, 2005
2171 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2011, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Set aside any pre-1983 pennies. Wink

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1678 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2011, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Go to Kentucky. Along the way you can pick up enough aluminum cans to pay for gas, food, beer, condoms and tuition! There's a stripper in Dayton who swears that is how she paid for her breast implants!

Akron, Ohio
      United States
      Member #107737
      March 13, 2011
      6 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2011, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

I'm in High School, graduating in a few weeks.

I've already saved up a good chunk of change for my tutition along with some scholarships. I'm going to spend it on lottery tickets because I can <snip> it! Cheers

I'm personally leaning towards the Ohio Classic Lotto because its a 1/13.9M chance and its up to over $30M. Its a 6/49 Matrix and if I have 100 of them I'll have a much better shot. (Also considering matching 4 is $70 its a good bet IMO)

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Scrach off winnings: $166

Pick 3/4 Winnings: $0

MM/PB/OCL/RC5 Winnings: $0 

Total Spent: $86 Total Winnings: $166 Profit: $80

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40363 Posts
        Posted: May 15, 2011, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I've already saved up a good chunk of change for my tutition along with some scholarships. I'm going to spend it on lottery tickets because I can <snip> it! Cheers

I'm personally leaning towards the Ohio Classic Lotto because its a 1/13.9M chance and its up to over $30M. Its a 6/49 Matrix and if I have 100 of them I'll have a much better shot. (Also considering matching 4 is $70 its a good bet IMO)

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Congrats, I hope you have a great time in college and good luck on the lottery.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: May 16, 2011, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

If you're in high school, you're probably not old enough to be playing the lottery.

Cease and desist.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #99032
            October 18, 2010
            1439 Posts
            Posted: May 16, 2011, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

If you're in high school, you're probably not old enough to be playing the lottery.

Cease and desist.

I started playing a little bit my senior year of high school, after I turned 18.  I remember noticing a P3 ticket in class and thinking that it was wierd for a student in High school to have a lottery ticket..... but whatever I was 18.

I though lottery was pretty dumb (except jackpot games, I just didn't have spare cash for that) until my friend convinced my to play Pick 3 a little.  I started off getting really lucky, and winning nearly 600 dollars on like 25-30 dollars spent in the first month.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: May 16, 2011, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

I started playing a little bit my senior year of high school, after I turned 18.  I remember noticing a P3 ticket in class and thinking that it was wierd for a student in High school to have a lottery ticket..... but whatever I was 18.

I though lottery was pretty dumb (except jackpot games, I just didn't have spare cash for that) until my friend convinced my to play Pick 3 a little.  I started off getting really lucky, and winning nearly 600 dollars on like 25-30 dollars spent in the first month.

"I started off getting really lucky, and winning nearly 600 dollars on like 25-30 dollars spent in the first month."

That's not necessarily always a good thing, Boney.

Like a cashier at the track told me after I won a nice chunk on my first ever bet on a horse. When I told him about it he said: "Son, that could be the worst thing that ever happened to you."

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                North Carolina
                United States
                Member #64582
                September 1, 2008
                347 Posts
                Posted: May 30, 2011, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

"I started off getting really lucky, and winning nearly 600 dollars on like 25-30 dollars spent in the first month."

That's not necessarily always a good thing, Boney.

Like a cashier at the track told me after I won a nice chunk on my first ever bet on a horse. When I told him about it he said: "Son, that could be the worst thing that ever happened to you."

rdgrnr:

That's exactly what happened to me - in Ohio! My date showed me how to play the Ohio Lottery, back then I think it was a Pick 6 State Lottery. I won $140. I've been hooked ever since - still the biggest win I ever had.

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss