Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How would you rate the State Lottery website in your locality?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Hermanus104.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #105312
January 29, 2011
435 Posts
Posted: May 21, 2011, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

sc a d they change number to much and post wrong number a lot the pay out is poorPuke

Sorry to hear that.  I was stationed at Fort Jackson, SC, for basic training in 1961.  Couldn't wait to get out of there.  Krushchev had said we had to be out of Berlin by September, October, and they'd called up the Army reserves, increased the draft, dropped basic training from 8 weeks to six weeks. 

As nearly as I remember they were changing the numbers then, too, but not fast enough.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1955 Posts
    Posted: May 21, 2011, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

I'd give the Hoosier Lottery website a C. The new website itself i more attractive than the old one, but there are 2 things the website lacks. Firstly, there was the removal of the "Previous 25 drawings" page. I could go to the page and it would show the last 25 drawing results. Now the only way to see a range of past results is to do a search specifying the start and end date. Secondly, the Hoosier Lottery website does not show the cash option for Powerball, Mega Millions, or Hoosier Lotto. I wish they did.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Baton Rouge, LA
      United States
      Member #4602
      May 7, 2004
      699 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2011, 10:30 am - IP Logged

I would give Louisiana LotterY a Big Fat " F - " its one of the worst lottery sites .  Site needs a serious over-hauling !

I understand about the small fonts, but I do like the fact all the winning numbers are out front, and I like how I can put in one set of numbers and search it over several drawings, which is handy for multidraw tickets.

But I guess it could use some improving.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

United States
        Member #105312
        January 29, 2011
        435 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2011, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I'd give the Hoosier Lottery website a C. The new website itself i more attractive than the old one, but there are 2 things the website lacks. Firstly, there was the removal of the "Previous 25 drawings" page. I could go to the page and it would show the last 25 drawing results. Now the only way to see a range of past results is to do a search specifying the start and end date. Secondly, the Hoosier Lottery website does not show the cash option for Powerball, Mega Millions, or Hoosier Lotto. I wish they did.

Hi Guru:  I hadn't noticed the change.  The site is more appealing to the eye, but I see your point about the past draws, even the most recent ones.  If you plug in the dates for Pick 5, 2001 until now, you get 107 pages with 10 draws to the page.  A person has to wonder why they bothered having them at all if they were going to make it impossible to use.

Your C seems generous.

SE PA
          United States
          Member #93582
          July 3, 2010
          1866 Posts
          Posted: May 22, 2011, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

The PA Lottery website is good, although I haven't been able to find more than the top 3 remaining prize tiers for scratch offs. Now my rating for the scratch offs themselves is another matter - LOL.

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
            Northern Virginia
            United States
            Member #83350
            December 5, 2009
            1317 Posts
            Posted: June 4, 2011, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

I'd rate my state lottery (VA)'s website pretty highly. My only issue is that, if the midday drawing has occurred, they do not list the previous night's evening drawing. 

I would lower grades pretty heavily for states that do not have their full number history listed (examples: CT, KS, KY, MO, RI). The worst example I can think of is Connecticut's numbers games go back to 1977, but they stop their history at 1999.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!