Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing The Lottery With A Spending Limit (A Loss Limit You Set On Yourself When You Play) To Win?

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 6 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
12118 Posts
Posted: May 18, 2011, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Thrifty, the problem you have is you don't say anything meaningful, all I see you say is 'only buy one ticket', etc.

You may post some numbers, but you don't say HOW you arrived at those numbers. Anyone can pick numbers out of thin air.

Back in the day, I used to be very intensive in explaining how I play, what I see, the problem was I got tired of folks that would belittle me, even when I proved my theories time and again, it just got OLD.

Today, I could start over, and I would venture to say there are only about five folks on here that would have a clue what I'm talking about AND see what I see.

"Thrifty, the problem you have is you don't say anything meaningful, all I see you say is 'only buy one ticket', etc."

You finally got the message.It is ok for you to indulge yourself by playing 1 to 5 tickets sometimes like i do.Remember, lotteries are in business to make money which is very obvious.The lottery also hate players that play 1 to 5 tickets because they make money by making you lose the most in the short run.

Buying more tickets increase your chances of winning, but you also lose more money in the short run because there is no certainty that you will win

Lets be honest playing 1 quick pick ticket extends the short term for as long as possible.Patience is a virtue in life.When it comes to gambling, investing, love etc. The Fools that rush always pay the ultimate price.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: May 18, 2011, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

How does one of those QID("Quantitative Indicator Devices") works? 

Lottery retailers could use one when you buy a lottery ticket by offering you a regular one for a dollar or a high quality one for a little more, just like filling your gas tank with regular or premium.

I didn't think of that RJOh, I may have just given away the farm by divulging how I arrive at true QQID's (Quality Quantitative Indicator Devices).

I hope I don't have to change my formulaic ramaframs.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      12118 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2011, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

PLAYED 5 MEGA MILLIONS QUICK PICKS.I will be good with $26 millions

5QPS

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: May 23, 2011, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

PLAYED 5 MEGA MILLIONS QUICK PICKS.I will be good with $26 millions

5QPS

That sounds like a good strategy.White Bounce

I'm so confident that I'd even be willing to split if you win.

--Edmund Burke

NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90535
          April 29, 2010
          12118 Posts
          Posted: May 27, 2011, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Powerball 1 in 195 million chance to win the jackpot.1 powerball quick pick ticket for 5/28/11.Imagine being in the right place at the right time.Do not let math fool you.Someone will win, that is a fact.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: May 28, 2011, 3:14 am - IP Logged

Powerball 1 in 195 million chance to win the jackpot.1 powerball quick pick ticket for 5/28/11.Imagine being in the right place at the right time.Do not let math fool you.Someone will win, that is a fact.

Fact?

Unless you are willing to bet EVERYTHING you own - and I doubt you would - don't say it is a 'fact'.

Someone MIGHT win - and someone MIGHT NOT win - that is the only 'fact' there is.

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              12118 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2011, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Fact?

Unless you are willing to bet EVERYTHING you own - and I doubt you would - don't say it is a 'fact'.

Someone MIGHT win - and someone MIGHT NOT win - that is the only 'fact' there is.

NEW YORK FIRST POWERBALL JACKPOT WAS WON WITH A SINGLE QUICK PICK TICKET ON DECEMBER 25, 2010. Nice return for $1 play, it is not the first time that a lottery jackpot has been won with 1 quick pick ticket

Power Ball

PowerBall Logo
              December
              25, 2010 POWERBALL WINNING NUMBERS: 01-17-38-50-52 + POWER BALL ( 24 ) POWER
              PLAY x 02
              1 WINNERS
              OF  $48,000,000.00 Jackpot (TICKETS SOLD IN :
              NY)

2 SECOND-PRIZE WINNERS OF  $200,000.00 (TICKETS SOLD IN : IL,NY)
              New York WinnerPrize LevelNumbers MatchedPrize Amount
              1First5 of 5 + Power Ball$48,000,000.00
              Winning Counties: SARATOGA (QP),
              Retailer Locations:
              • STEWART'S SHOPS #314 , 4208 RTE 50 , SARATOGA SPRINGS
              1Second5 of 5$200,000.00
              Winning Counties: QUEENS (QP),
              Retailer Locations:
              • ROJA GROCERY INC , 224-11 UNION TPKE , OAKLAND GARDENS
              2Third4 of 5 + Power Ball$10,000.00
              31Fourth4 of 5$100.00
              78Fifth3 of 5 + Power Ball$100.00
              2421Sixth3 of 5$7.00
              1150Seventh2 of 5 + Power Ball$7.00
              7944Eighth1 of 5 + Power Ball$4.00
              16419NinthPower Ball Only$3.00

In order to participate in Power
              Play you have to pay an additional $1.00 by playing Power Play at the time of
              your Powerball wager.

Power Play For December 25, 2010 is x023 SECOND-PRIZE WINNERS OF $1,000,000.00 (TICKETS SOLD IN : LA,ND,PA)
              New York WinnerPrize LevelNumbers MatchedPrize Amount
              0Second5 of 5$1,000,000.00
              0Third4 of 5 + Power Ball$20,000.00
              1Fourth4 of 5$200.00
              10Fifth3 of 5 + Power Ball$200.00
              237Sixth3 of 5$14.00
              97Seventh2 of 5 + Power Ball$14.00
              888Eighth1 of 5 + Power Ball$8.00
              1805NinthPower Ball Only$6.00

The Powerball Jackpot for December 29, 2010 will be $20,000,000.00 including
              the annuity interest earned over a 29 year prize payment period.

For more information on national results visit www.powerball.com

Overall chances of winning on a $1 play: 1:35.11.

*Note: The jackpot prize will be divided equally among multiple jackpot
              winners. All other prizes are fixed amount, except as set forth below.

**In some cases, the fixed prizes may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and may
              be lower than these published amounts.

The information contained on these pages is believed to be accurate. In the
              event of a discrepancy between the information displayed on this Web site
              concerning winning numbers and payouts and the information contained in the
              official and certified files maintained by the New York Lottery's Drawing Unit,
              those maintained by the Drawing Unit shall prevail.

To print, click here.

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                12118 Posts
                Posted: June 3, 2011, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

PLAY 1 TO 5 TICKETS

Buying multiple tickets in a syndicate (pool) or by yourself increase your chances of winning.But i have an issue when it comes to lottery pools, you can beat a lottery pool by winning the mega millions $12 millions with cash value $7 millions or powerball $20 millions with cash value $10 millions on the lower end.You do not have to wait until the jackpot reaches $100 millions to play powerball or mega millions because any amount from the starting jackpots can make a big difference in our lives.So think small and you might win big my friends.

Some people start to play new york classic lotto when it approaches $20 millions.  I will be very happy with a $4 millions jackpot like the person that won the following jackpot.Playing for jackpots below $100 millions puts you in a winning mind frame bacause winning the lottery is about focus, and you can choose when to play for any jackpot amount, you don't have to follow the crowd to win big.LIKE THEY SAY SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.THINK SMALL TO WIN THAT LOTTERY JACKPOT EVEN IF YOU PLAY 1 TO 5 TICKETS DAILY, WEEKLY OR MONTHLY.

Lotto

Mega Millions Logo

May
                28, 2011 LOTTO Winning Numbers: 02-03-07-09-12-57 BONUS NUMBER : 14 LOTTO
                Drawing - 1 Jackpot Prize Winners in $4,000,000.00

Prize LevelNumbers MatchedPrize AmountNew York Winner
                First6 out of 6 numbers$4,000,000.001
                Winning Counties: NASSAU (QP),
                Retailer Locations:
                • WALDBAUM'S #434 , 1530 FRONT STREET , EAST MEADOW
                Second5 out of 6 numbers + bonus number$28,034.001
                Winning Counties: ORANGE (QP),
                Retailer Locations:
                • STOP & SHOP #0524 , 60 BROTHERHOOD PLAZA ,
                  WASHINGTONVILLE
                Third5 out of 6 numbers$353.0057
                Fourth4 out of 6 numbers$8.002635
                Fifth3 out of 6 numbers$1.0040928

The LOTTO Jackpot for June 1, 2011 will be $3,000,000.00 including the
                annuity interest earned over a 25 year prize payment period.

To print, click
                here

Expand PaletteCollapse Palette
                  NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  12118 Posts
                  Posted: June 8, 2011, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

PLAY 1 TO 5 TICKETS

Buying multiple tickets in a syndicate (pool) or by yourself increase your chances of winning.But i have an issue when it comes to lottery pools, you can beat a lottery pool by winning the mega millions $12 millions with cash value $7 millions or powerball $20 millions with cash value $10 millions on the lower end.You do not have to wait until the jackpot reaches $100 millions to play powerball or mega millions because any amount from the starting jackpots can make a big difference in our lives.So think small and you might win big my friends.

Some people start to play new york classic lotto when it approaches $20 millions.  I will be very happy with a $4 millions jackpot like the person that won the following jackpot.Playing for jackpots below $100 millions puts you in a winning mind frame bacause winning the lottery is about focus, and you can choose when to play for any jackpot amount, you don't have to follow the crowd to win big.LIKE THEY SAY SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.THINK SMALL TO WIN THAT LOTTERY JACKPOT EVEN IF YOU PLAY 1 TO 5 TICKETS DAILY, WEEKLY OR MONTHLY.

Lotto

Mega Millions Logo

May

Retailer Locations:
                  Retailer Locations:
                    WASHINGTONVILLE

To print, click
                  here

PLAYING 1 TO 5 TICKETS

I did not play mega millions last night.I did not have the desire to play any lottery games this week.Maybe I'm just too thrifty to let go of my $5 dollars.New york lotto is at $4 millions, mega millions $33 million with a $21.5 million cash value and powerball $25 million with a $13.2 million cash value.Winning any of these jackpots will make a difference.Good luck everydody.Five chances in one of these games can make a bank account look great if luck comes our way.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: June 8, 2011, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

PLAYING 1 TO 5 TICKETS

I did not play mega millions last night.I did not have the desire to play any lottery games this week.Maybe I'm just too thrifty to let go of my $5 dollars.New york lotto is at $4 millions, mega millions $33 million with a $21.5 million cash value and powerball $25 million with a $13.2 million cash value.Winning any of these jackpots will make a difference.Good luck everydody.Five chances in one of these games can make a bank account look great if luck comes our way.

Your words are like pearls of wisdom.

Would that I could dine on them with fava beans and a nice chianti.

But alas, pearls are crunchy and I have few teeth.

Harmony, mi amigo, harmony. White Bounce

--Edmund Burke

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      12118 Posts
                      Posted: June 8, 2011, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Your words are like pearls of wisdom.

Would that I could dine on them with fava beans and a nice chianti.

But alas, pearls are crunchy and I have few teeth.

Harmony, mi amigo, harmony. White Bounce

Ridge, Thank you for following the thrifty way to lottery riches.By the way, how do you feel about spending $5 a week on lottery?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: June 8, 2011, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Ridge, Thank you for following the thrifty way to lottery riches.By the way, how do you feel about spending $5 a week on lottery?

Why, I think it's a capital idea, THRIFTMEISTER, absolutely capital!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm so absolutely confident of your strategy that I would be perfectly willing to split the jackpot with you if you win it.

Right down the middle without a moment's hesitation!

And then...

The Victory Dance!White BounceWhite Bounce

--Edmund Burke

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          12118 Posts
                          Posted: June 11, 2011, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

"Thrifty, the problem you have is you don't say anything meaningful, all I see you say is 'only buy one ticket', etc."

You finally got the message.It is ok for you to indulge yourself by playing 1 to 5 tickets sometimes like i do.Remember, lotteries are in business to make money which is very obvious.The lottery also hate players that play 1 to 5 tickets because they make money by making you lose the most in the short run.

Buying more tickets increase your chances of winning, but you also lose more money in the short run because there is no certainty that you will win

Lets be honest playing 1 quick pick ticket extends the short term for as long as possible.Patience is a virtue in life.When it comes to gambling, investing, love etc. The Fools that rush always pay the ultimate price.

POWERBALL $20 million with $10.6 million cash value. MEGA MILLIONS $42 millions with $27.7 cash value.

1 QUICK PICK TICKET ON EACH. SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.When the universe wants you to win, you will win whether you buy 1 lottery ticket or 100 lottery tickets.GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            12118 Posts
                            Posted: June 11, 2011, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

PLAY 1 TO 5 TICKETS

Lotto

Mega Millions Logo

May

Retailer Locations:
                            Retailer Locations:
                              WASHINGTONVILLE

To print, click
                            here

NEW YORK LOTTO $4.5 MILLION. 1 QUICK PICK TICKET TO DREAM BIG TIME. ALL YOU NEED IS ONE LOTTERY TICKET AND A DREAM.

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              12118 Posts
                              Posted: June 15, 2011, 9:03 am - IP Logged

THE THRIFTY WAY TO WEALTH

ONE QUICK PICK TICKET FOR A BIG RETURN ON A SMALL RISK.POWERBALL wednesday june 15th, 2011 $25 million with a $13.2 cash value and MEGA MILLIONS Friday june 17th, 2011 $53 million with a $34.6 cash value.