Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Best Mahematics Course for Successful Lotto Predictions?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 6 years ago by dr san.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Jomacinrow's avatar - f6cb44d1c9
Dublin, GA
United States
Member #112083
June 10, 2011
22 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2011, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

It may be me but I feel Probability and Statistics the most useful, but are there better or higher level of mathematics "better proven" for lotto predictin success? Or, is it not even possible to relate math to lotto predicting? Is any higher level of math such as Calculus III useful with lotto predicting than Basic Probability/Statistics??

Thoughts?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19903 Posts
    Posted: June 11, 2011, 11:31 am - IP Logged

You should seek out the advice of some one who's had some success at lottery predictions.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      51255 Posts
      Posted: June 11, 2011, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

It may be me but I feel Probability and Statistics the most useful, but are there better or higher level of mathematics "better proven" for lotto predictin success? Or, is it not even possible to relate math to lotto predicting? Is any higher level of math such as Calculus III useful with lotto predicting than Basic Probability/Statistics??

Thoughts?

Differential Equations?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19903 Posts
        Posted: June 11, 2011, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Differential Equations?

Do you have a differential equation to predict tonight's PowerBall winning numbers?

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: June 11, 2011, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Thoughts?

If you think you've exausted everything that probability and stats can do for you, take a break & consider a little reading on chaos theory. Cool

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            51255 Posts
            Posted: June 11, 2011, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Do you have a differential equation to predict tonight's PowerBall winning numbers?

Yes! They need to coopperate: By Drawing the Numbers Predicted! LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19903 Posts
              Posted: June 11, 2011, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Yes! They need to coopperate: By Drawing the Numbers Predicted! LOL

If you need their cooperation then it doesn't matter how you come up with your prediction.  I was thinking maybe you had backward engineered something.

Evil Looking       

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                Park City, UT
                United States
                Member #69864
                January 18, 2009
                995 Posts
                Posted: June 11, 2011, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

The ellipse is your friend when trying to use math to predict future drawings.

Jimmy

NASHVILLE, TENN
                  United States
                  Member #33372
                  February 20, 2006
                  1044 Posts
                  Posted: June 11, 2011, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Thoughts?

I could be wrong (and according to my wife, I am) but math is too rigid to be applied to a random process.

There is an area of math known as  "collapsing the wave function".  But this only works AFTER the results are known; not before.

Jomacinrow's avatar - f6cb44d1c9
                    Dublin, GA
                    United States
                    Member #112083
                    June 10, 2011
                    22 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2011, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

I guess the general consenus is Probabliity and Statisics is where it's at when considered for useful application of the lottery process. Only reasons I asked this was I am taking Calculas I and/or Elem. Stats this fall in college, and was wondering if any advanced study of Math would do me any good for my Lottery hobby. Thanks for replies.

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                      Member #5599
                      July 13, 2004
                      1192 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2011, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Maybe the proper math hasn'nt been created yet!!!! If so, you would have to let the data create equations rather than beating inadequate equations to death.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: June 14, 2011, 2:03 am - IP Logged

Maybe the proper math hasn'nt been created yet!!!! If so, you would have to let the data create equations rather than beating inadequate equations to death.

That's how calculus came to be. Thumbs Up

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                          Stone Mountain*Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #828
                          November 2, 2002
                          10491 Posts
                          Posted: June 14, 2011, 8:51 am - IP Logged

"Let the data create equations .......rather than beating equations to death." 

I like the simple truth in that sentence.....I think it says.......  it's not going with a higher math ....it's really going back.

It's going back to "Simple Math."

We already have the answers to our questions about the bad odds in "Lottery" by just using simple math. We just refuse to accept it.  LOL 

The trouble with that reality is......  it takes all the fun out of being a stubborn gambler.

Stubborn about the over whelming odds we already know about. These over whelming house odds are the simple math answer. It's the answer to our questions ........and refusing to accept that simple math reality ...... is the real "chaos"!   

Hope is such a beautiful, and powerful human emotion...  and trying to use it along with some "higher math" to change the truth about those bad odds is how Vegas was born.  LOL

By going higher in the math spectrum..... we might muddle the truth and odds for a little while longer...... we just aren't going to change the reality about those mean old odds.   

Simple Math .....it's already told us what we don't want to hear.       

"Chaos is.... when indefatigable hope meets ..... immoveable house odds".   

Win d

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                            Member #5599
                            July 13, 2004
                            1192 Posts
                            Posted: June 14, 2011, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

"Let the data create equations .......rather than beating equations to death." 

I like the simple truth in that sentence.....I think it says.......  it's not going with a higher math ....it's really going back.

It's going back to "Simple Math."

We already have the answers to our questions about the bad odds in "Lottery" by just using simple math. We just refuse to accept it.  LOL 

The trouble with that reality is......  it takes all the fun out of being a stubborn gambler.

Stubborn about the over whelming odds we already know about. These over whelming house odds are the simple math answer. It's the answer to our questions ........and refusing to accept that simple math reality ...... is the real "chaos"!   

Hope is such a beautiful, and powerful human emotion...  and trying to use it along with some "higher math" to change the truth about those bad odds is how Vegas was born.  LOL

By going higher in the math spectrum..... we might muddle the truth and odds for a little while longer...... we just aren't going to change the reality about those mean old odds.   

Simple Math .....it's already told us what we don't want to hear.       

"Chaos is.... when indefatigable hope meets ..... immoveable house odds".   

Win d

From my perspective, trying to discover the new formula(s) for random math has been anything but simple math.

You are probably right though, it has taken the fun out of being a gambler. On the flip side, it has created the fun of being a puzzle solver with a mathematical twist. *S*

In that way, the journey has it own rewards on the way to achieving the goal.

If you look at my other thread, "The End Game", you will hopefully see the seeds of multidimensional distribution analysis that uses positional tracking(s) as vehicle for data collection.

Another angle might be..how certain can you be about uncertainty? The question itself infers that analysis must be done in whole groups rater than individual values..just food for thought.

Best of luck.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                              Stone Mountain*Georgia
                              United States
                              Member #828
                              November 2, 2002
                              10491 Posts
                              Posted: June 15, 2011, 10:35 am - IP Logged

I see what your saying about it not being simple math........as far as finding a new formula for random events.

After many years of looking ...and over heating my brain on several occasions .......my conclusion is that it's way above my pay scale.   

What I see out there now is this.......     

There are no perfect circles in the universe...

Random is normal and our idea of standard is well .....the real random.

.... and most"seekers"out there have skipped several steps on their quest toward total awareness.  LOL 

State sponsored  lottery games and their obscene odds are the worst in the gaming world .....to the point of foolishness ! 

Anyone wishing to increase their profits by 100% and actually lowering their cost of play by the same amount ...should explore other alternatives in the world of gaming. They are not all that hard to find.  LOL 

**In all the post on pick 3 that I've seen so far ....there has never been any great comprehensive collaborations on just the Basic Odds and simple math of the game.

First things first right?  What are the best odds bets in pick-3 ? What are the most consistent ....the most dangerous ...etc. etc.

Sure, it's never been a popular subject.. but shouldn't we know what the questions are first.....before we can find those answers?

Back to the future ..... back to basics with odds and the simple math of the game ....then quantum physics.  LOL 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d