Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball can you PLEASE create a 3rd Powerball that cost: 25 cents the ticket

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 5 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
Member #41383
June 16, 2006
1969 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2011, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

they will STILL be making money, not as much as $1 but they will still make it...IS STILL MONEY....just that the lottery i think wants to make Grandiose, lofty amount of money...Is still money is still in the millions that they will make...When the lottery gets to: $75 Million every 3 months that will be: $75 Million to the winner and another: $75 Million to the state/country....

isnt money WELCOMEDDD BY THE STATE LOTTERY or only certain amounts/sums of money is welcomed by the state lottery...

this is like the following scenario...lets say you have $100 Million dollars in the bank and you are a billionaire and you decide to place it in the bank for 3 years because you are not using it...then someone approaches you and tells you that you can make: $10 Million dollars out of it earn interest for the 3 years that is going to be in the bank and you say: No because you dont need any money and the amount is not to your standards....is very similar to this...and the money is still in the bank not earning interests....

it doesnt make sense...

You are still delusional, and you have absolutely NO grasp on reality whatsoever.

How do you know a 'poor person' is going to win? Are you telling me only 'poor people' play the lottery? I have news for you...

You also ASSUME whoever wins will do something GOOD with the money, you have NO CLUE as to the outcomes of the people that win, and around 30% are broke/bankrupt within five years. 'Poor people' may (I said MAY) have no idea how to handle money, that is even why some of them are 'poor' to begin with.

'Let's say you have $100 Million dollars in the bank and you are a billionaire....' - GET REAL, that scenario won't happen, and beyond that, you don't even understand the post that said a retailer gets .5 to .6 for every $1 ticket sold, how much would they make per .25 ticket? .01?  Are you kidding me? That's not worth a retailer's time.

People come in to the Kwickie Mart to buy a ticket, and maybe gas, beer, smokes, pop, junk food - stuff they can make money from, the kind of people that would buy a .25 ticket PROBABLY cannot afford any of that on a consistent basis.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 9, 2011, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

There are a segment of any countries population that do not make as much as you do...Example: teenagers, the older elderly, homeless/vagabonds, a woman makes 30% or more less than a MANNNN, MINOOORRITTIES might make like 40% less than the majority, There is like AT LEAST 5 million Americans with debt, disabled people paycheck ALLLSOO make like: 30% less than everyone else, 50% of the USA is open country side and people in the country side paycheck make: 30% to 40% less than everyone else, right now there is like at least: 8 Million people out of work or whatever the number is, like: 25% of the USA population jobs makes less than: $30,000 a year, ect, ect...You add them all up and they make like: 60 Million to 80 Million people at least...The 25 cents Powerball could target those people...

i forgot what Recession...

if they wanted they could partner up with Canada and make it a USA-CANADA 25 cents Powerball...They too have such groups...

also if you make: $50,000 a year and you have 4 or 5 kids you are not making: $50,000 a year but technically more like: $37,000 a year...thats another group you can throw in there...

You might make like: $50,000 a year but your house might cost like: $650,000 or $700,000 so you are not making: $50,000 a year but technically more like: $37,000 a year...thats another group you can throw in there...

Molto Bene The Recessioni !!!....

But I don't like vagabonds.

They're stinky.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: July 18, 2011, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

You are still delusional, and you have absolutely NO grasp on reality whatsoever.

How do you know a 'poor person' is going to win? Are you telling me only 'poor people' play the lottery? I have news for you...

You also ASSUME whoever wins will do something GOOD with the money, you have NO CLUE as to the outcomes of the people that win, and around 30% are broke/bankrupt within five years. 'Poor people' may (I said MAY) have no idea how to handle money, that is even why some of them are 'poor' to begin with.

'Let's say you have $100 Million dollars in the bank and you are a billionaire....' - GET REAL, that scenario won't happen, and beyond that, you don't even understand the post that said a retailer gets .5 to .6 for every $1 ticket sold, how much would they make per .25 ticket? .01?  Are you kidding me? That's not worth a retailer's time.

People come in to the Kwickie Mart to buy a ticket, and maybe gas, beer, smokes, pop, junk food - stuff they can make money from, the kind of people that would buy a .25 ticket PROBABLY cannot afford any of that on a consistent basis.

dude, pleAAASEEE stop throwing me lines...

ANNNYYYYWAAYYYYSSSS LETTT MEE EXPLAINNNNNN....

remember the: 50-50 off every dollar that goes to the state????????FORGOT THATTTT????Well in some states the payout to the customer is: 40-60....thats 40% that the customeerrrr ggggeeetttts...

from 60% to 50% there is a: 10% difference, that´s: twice 5%...Now what happens if the state instead of getting: 50% got 45% making it a total of: 15%....that will be: 3 times: 5%....it will be like a retailer getting paid: .4 or 4% of every dollar or 3.75% of every dollar if if 5% that they get...If is 6% it will be like 4.35%....if you know what proportionality is...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: July 18, 2011, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

powerball please!!!!!....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: July 18, 2011, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi,  I think your idea is super!

Party

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 19, 2011, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi,  I think your idea is super!

Party

I refuse to support it if it includes vagabonds.

Otherwise I would be all for it.

I have to draw the line somewhere.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: July 19, 2011, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

dude, pleAAASEEE stop throwing me lines...

ANNNYYYYWAAYYYYSSSS LETTT MEE EXPLAINNNNNN....

remember the: 50-50 off every dollar that goes to the state????????FORGOT THATTTT????Well in some states the payout to the customer is: 40-60....thats 40% that the customeerrrr ggggeeetttts...

from 60% to 50% there is a: 10% difference, that´s: twice 5%...Now what happens if the state instead of getting: 50% got 45% making it a total of: 15%....that will be: 3 times: 5%....it will be like a retailer getting paid: .4 or 4% of every dollar or 3.75% of every dollar if if 5% that they get...If is 6% it will be like 4.35%....if you know what proportionality is...

GENIUS....What's more to say????!!!!!..............

Pure luck

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: July 19, 2011, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

tiggs will have to get the Brain in on this one...but tiggs still says "GENIUS"!!!!..

Pure luck