Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Making money from lottery

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 6 years ago by guesser.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Over the years, do you MAKE money from lottery

Yes [ 26 ]  [32.50%]
No [ 47 ]  [58.75%]
Not sure [ 7 ]  [8.75%]
Total Valid Votes [ 80 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3857 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2011, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

NO.

I should have stopped playing long ago then.....

But the fact is, I enjoy it! I love the feeling of.....buying those tickets and......possibly.......winning....a.........Jackpot......... Hyper Hurray! 

yea, its about the dream.also you bought the right to talk about it,however slim the chances.i have known more than one person that talks about winning then jp,then when i ask how many tickets they bought,they would say none, the lottery is for suckers, then i say if you don't have any tickets then just shut up about winning it,i have one ticket and one chance you have zero tickets and zero chances.Bash

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
    Member #24439
    October 22, 2005
    638 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2011, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

If people are not picking "no" they're lying a bit unless they have hit a nice jackpot..The lottery wasen't made up for everyone to win or there bwould be no lottery..With that said "good luck"..

Tiggs is right. Did You Know to make a profit in Powerball, you would have matched 4+1 or better. I doubt their is many people with $100(4+0) in their pockets that think they beat the game. I can't see how they could justify the new $2 prize tag besides see the jackpot grow huge and someone not from you state. You have to struck by lightning to win big or  make a profit. I don't know if you guys are making lightnings

Delaware
      United States
      Member #93503
      July 1, 2010
      453 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2011, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Not one bit. I'm down around $700 highest win on the lottery 5 ball games was $7.. however, I really don't play the 3 and 4 digit as much as I probably should.

imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
        Member #85047
        January 7, 2010
        102 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2011, 12:15 am - IP Logged

If people are not picking "no" they're lying a bit unless they have hit a nice jackpot..The lottery wasen't made up for everyone to win or there bwould be no lottery..With that said "good luck"..

I'm one of the yes votes.

Red is a high roller to me with his $2 a game.

Only been playing a few years.  Don't play unless it's over 100M.
        Low output is the only reason I'm in the plus side.

United States
          Member #112061
          June 9, 2011
          8776 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2011, 1:46 am - IP Logged

I do pretty good on daily3 games but like everything esle in life  theirs always room for improvement

United States
            Member #111545
            May 28, 2011
            21 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2011, 9:34 am - IP Logged

I make money all the time from the lottery. Lottery has been very good to me. Just waiting to hit a large amount.

surimaribo24's avatar - photo11 zpsfffd70be.jpg
              NEW YORK. RIVERHEAD
              United States
              Member #106371
              February 17, 2011
              9711 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2011, 9:52 am - IP Logged

I would do good if all my ex's went there.

hahahahhahahah . men you always make me crack rdnr you rock men .

i would say yes . if its not p3 then scratch off put me on the balance . but lottery money fly fast if you dont watch out .

United States
                Member #111186
                May 20, 2011
                344 Posts
                Posted: July 15, 2011, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

yea, its about the dream.also you bought the right to talk about it,however slim the chances.i have known more than one person that talks about winning then jp,then when i ask how many tickets they bought,they would say none, the lottery is for suckers, then i say if you don't have any tickets then just shut up about winning it,i have one ticket and one chance you have zero tickets and zero chances.Bash

Thats funny, I have a friend that does that. He'll say, "man, the JP is so high right now, I sure could use that"........I'll say, "yep, I got my tickets & I'm gonna win it"..

So then I ask him how many tickets he bought & he says............"none"........LMAO........duh..............

I think thats such a hoot!! LOL

United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3857 Posts
                  Posted: July 15, 2011, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Thats funny, I have a friend that does that. He'll say, "man, the JP is so high right now, I sure could use that"........I'll say, "yep, I got my tickets & I'm gonna win it"..

So then I ask him how many tickets he bought & he says............"none"........LMAO........duh..............

i wonder if these ppl. even realize their entertaining us ?Jester Laugh

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: July 15, 2011, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

LOL, I knew a guy like that too, Cash.

He would always say "Someday if I win the lottery I'm gonna do this..."

But he never bought a ticket in his life.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                      Member #111186
                      May 20, 2011
                      344 Posts
                      Posted: July 15, 2011, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

LOL @ Hay & Ridge -

I bet those people are the same ones that laugh their assez off behind our backs!!

Sayin' shizz like: "yeah, that idiot lays their money down on lotto & never wins"....Heheehe -

I say: Win a JP or not: It sure is FUN tryin'!!!Dance

United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3857 Posts
                        Posted: July 15, 2011, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

yea, but we're laughing in their face,cause we got a ticket and.....gotta go my steak is ready,and time for bud.

United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3857 Posts
                          Posted: July 16, 2011, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

yea, but we're laughing in their face,cause we got a ticket and.....gotta go my steak is ready,and time for bud.

....and when we win, they'll be there w/ their hands out. i'll say "no the lottery is for suckers"LOL

United States
                            Member #111482
                            May 26, 2011
                            15 Posts
                            Posted: July 16, 2011, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

other then people who play daily 3 or daily 4 for $.50 and hit for $500 a few times your not going to get more than 1% who come out ahead. just like slot machines...they advertise that the payouts are 96% cash back, but only fools fall for that statistic. if you take 1000 people who spend money on slots, and 2 people hit nice size jackpots, they can just average the winnings with the people playing and say its 96% pay back when in reality, its 2 people who made a ton of cash and 998 who lost cash. it the exact same with the lottery. i do play it, so im not judging. i love the fact that you can win life changing money with $1, but people who say they make money off the lottery are either lying or have won the jackpot.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                              Oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #82391
                              November 12, 2009
                              6305 Posts
                              Posted: July 17, 2011, 9:08 am - IP Logged

I would do good if all my ex's went there.

LOL..... U crack me up, by the way were going to Texas this week, do you want me to say hi to the ex's for you....