Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do large lottery winners

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 5 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
22907 Posts
Posted: July 24, 2011, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Why do large lottery winners(5mill+) still do business with regular first class mail? Why not do what Kramar on Seinfeld did and renounce the mail. If something comes certified then fine, you go and get your mail. But why bother having a box out front where anyone and everyone can put anything into it. Just denounce first class mail and be done with all the hounds.

Where am I wrong?

I think it falls along the lines of the mail must go through...right to you whether you want it or not. I don't want phone

books but I get them too often along with postcards, sales flyers, Publisher's Clearing House garbage.

I'll try to find a way to hide when I win multi-millions but in this day and age, someone will find me no doubt.

United States
    Member #111186
    May 20, 2011
    344 Posts
    Posted: July 24, 2011, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

I got no problem.

Most of my mail gets delivered to other people.

And luckily, the mail that's put in my mail box belongs to people who don't get much mail.

So, once a week I take all the other people's mail I get to the post office and hand it to the guy at the counter and he says "yeah, that happens" and then I wait to see if anybody returns my mail. And they charge for this "service." The US Postal "Service".

Don't get me wrong, I know it must be a monumental and thankless task to put an envelope with a number on it into a box with the same number.

LOL

United States
      Member #111186
      May 20, 2011
      344 Posts
      Posted: July 25, 2011, 12:05 am - IP Logged

I think it falls along the lines of the mail must go through...right to you whether you want it or not. I don't want phone

books but I get them too often along with postcards, sales flyers, Publisher's Clearing House garbage.

I'll try to find a way to hide when I win multi-millions but in this day and age, someone will find me no doubt.

I had to laugh about the phone books.

I have so many phone books..lol..but when I need a # I use my phone or computer...

Oh well, perhaps I better keep them, justin case Roll Eyes

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
        Republic of Texas
        United States
        Member #57557
        January 9, 2008
        1095 Posts
        Posted: July 25, 2011, 12:11 am - IP Logged

What do famous people do about mail? Surely they have hoards of unwanted mail all the time. Does Harrison Ford have a mailing address?

I can see how you can hide the physical location of your home by ownership in trust or FLP, but what about personal records like drivers license, jury duty (as someone brought up), or IRS coorespondence. I can see tax stuff going to your CPA, but don't  you have to have your physical address on your drivers license? Meaning PO boxes are not accepted. Plus the banks have to mail your new debit and/or credit cards somewhere. There has to be ways around all this. I would bet someone in the personal security biz would have the answers.

Good question. Thumbs Up

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: July 25, 2011, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I always thought it was strange that a jury duty letter didn't come certified mail but regular mail. Imagine what would happen to the justice system if no one showed up to jury duty because they all said they never recieved their mail? One would think that would be something that should come certified know?

Been there, and they don't care.

If they mail you a summons and you don't appear, they send an officer out to get you, it doesn't matter to them if you actually received it or not.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: July 25, 2011, 12:17 am - IP Logged

What do famous people do about mail? Surely they have hoards of unwanted mail all the time. Does Harrison Ford have a mailing address?

I can see how you can hide the physical location of your home by ownership in trust or FLP, but what about personal records like drivers license, jury duty (as someone brought up), or IRS coorespondence. I can see tax stuff going to your CPA, but don't  you have to have your physical address on your drivers license? Meaning PO boxes are not accepted. Plus the banks have to mail your new debit and/or credit cards somewhere. There has to be ways around all this. I would bet someone in the personal security biz would have the answers.

Good question. Thumbs Up

Yes, Harrison does, they all do, it is USUALLY to their agency/agent/PR firm, but in this case:

Ford, Harrison - 3555 N. Moose Wilson Rd., Jackson, WY 83001

As far as mail goes, I do ALL, and I mean ALL, of my financial transactions via the internet. Every bill I recieve is sent to a certain 'business-only' e-mail address, and every bill I pay is paid via the internet.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: July 25, 2011, 11:02 am - IP Logged

You're right sully!

tiggs =

in this department.

dr65 your to sweet..Plus Sully is a sweety also..Need more like you guys..Thanks for the Superman thingy it was cute!!..

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: July 25, 2011, 11:06 am - IP Logged

dr65 your to sweet..Plus Sully is a sweety also..Need more like you guys..Thanks for the Superman thingy it was cute!!..

Glad to see you're back on your meds again.

Now be cooperative with the nice men in the white coats and everything will be fine.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40458 Posts
                  Posted: July 25, 2011, 11:07 am - IP Logged

You're right sully!

tiggs =

in this department.

Yes he is.Sun Smiley

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: July 25, 2011, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Glad to see you're back on your meds again.

Now be cooperative with the nice men in the white coats and everything will be fine.

Could be a tad jealous are we......tiggs is down to 16 meds day...WEEEEEE!!!...

Pure luck

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: July 25, 2011, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

Could be a tad jealous are we......tiggs is down to 16 meds day...WEEEEEE!!!...

PS...3 times a day...WEEEEE!!!!...

Pure luck