Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New to lottery wheels - a few questions

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 5 years ago by nasp.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Spain
Member #114615
August 4, 2011
27 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2011, 6:53 am - IP Logged

Thank you for your replies. 

It's just I have spent days gathering wheels from different places online (ie. pick34,lottologix) and now I can't tell which ones are split and which ones aren't. Should I discard them all and just use CM? Is there a procedure I need to follow in CM to avoid making split wheels?

Best regards,

Spy

Spain
    Member #114615
    August 4, 2011
    27 Posts
    Posted: August 7, 2011, 7:43 am - IP Logged

Also, is a 3if6 open cover wheel automatically a non-split wheel?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3106 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2011, 5:24 am - IP Logged

Also, is a 3if6 open cover wheel automatically a non-split wheel?

Understand, when you buy two tickets it's a split wheel.  It isn't a problem because it's just two tickets and that's the nature of multiple ticket purchases.

The problem come in when the wheel is a large investment and the user doesn't understand the nature of what they are using, the pros and cons, the conditions under which a win is possible or virtually impossible.

When a wheel is made in CoverMaster 99.99% of the time it won't be split unless made split on purpose.

Wheels on Lottery Post and Lotto-Logix are to the best of my knowledge not split.  On the other hand many wheels in Robert Serotic's book(s) are split.    Easy enough to tell, select a number and check the combinations to see if it appears with most if not all of the other pointer numbers, if not the wheel is split and should not be used without a strategy that calls for a split wheel.

BobP

Spain
        Member #114615
        August 4, 2011
        27 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2011, 6:25 am - IP Logged

Thank you for your reply. I understand now.

I think another way of telling if a wheel is split or not, is by trying to replicate them in CM. I tried replicating into CM  some of these wheels I found online and CM did them in much more lines, so this I guess should also be an indication that it's a split wheel. Other wheels I have, were only 1-2 lines less than what CM produced, and these were the non split ones.

I have also been thinkg, let's say I have two wheels to choose from:

1) For 15 numbers in 9 lines (justservices)

3 if 6 99.98%

4 if 6 81.93%

5 if 6 9.89%

2) For 15 numbers in  15 lines (lotto-logix)

3 if 6 = 100.0%

4 if 6 = 95.46%

5 if 6 = 16.40%

If cost is not an issue, wouldn't be a better choice to go with the 1st wheel (even if the percentage of the 4if6 and 5if6 is less than the 2nd wheel) because if Iwas to get all 6 numbers I would have a better chance of all numbers being in 9 lines than in 15 lines?

Thank you for your replies. I have been learning so much.

Best regards,

Spy

Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3106 Posts
          Posted: August 9, 2011, 5:00 am - IP Logged

Thank you for your reply. I understand now.

I think another way of telling if a wheel is split or not, is by trying to replicate them in CM. I tried replicating into CM  some of these wheels I found online and CM did them in much more lines, so this I guess should also be an indication that it's a split wheel. Other wheels I have, were only 1-2 lines less than what CM produced, and these were the non split ones.

I have also been thinkg, let's say I have two wheels to choose from:

1) For 15 numbers in 9 lines (justservices)

3 if 6 99.98%

4 if 6 81.93%

5 if 6 9.89%

2) For 15 numbers in  15 lines (lotto-logix)

3 if 6 = 100.0%

4 if 6 = 95.46%

5 if 6 = 16.40%

If cost is not an issue, wouldn't be a better choice to go with the 1st wheel (even if the percentage of the 4if6 and 5if6 is less than the 2nd wheel) because if Iwas to get all 6 numbers I would have a better chance of all numbers being in 9 lines than in 15 lines?

Thank you for your replies. I have been learning so much.

Best regards,

Spy

Both wheels are open cover (15,6,4,6) 4if6in15 number wheels.  The gimmick with justservices is all wheels are made with 9 combinations, so as the number of numbers goes up the coverage comes down.

The justservices wheel is streaching to cover 81.93% of 4if6 and as a result can't even close the 3if6 cover.

There is no better choice, it's like buying something sold by the pound asking which is the better buy, the 9 pound or the 15 pound, they are exactly the save value per dollar regardless of weight, you get what you pay for in coverage.

It takes 19 combinations to close the 4if6 prize tier of the cover, so the Lotto-Logix wheel saves the cost of four combinations for a 4.5% reduction in coverage, the justservices wheel saves nine combinations for a 18% reduction in coverage, you decide the degree of risk versus cost to play.

As for making wheels in CM, try checking the Optimizer box, and changing the percentate to 95% and 81% and see how close you get.

BobP

Spain
            Member #114615
            August 4, 2011
            27 Posts
            Posted: August 9, 2011, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Hi BobP,

Thanks a million for your replies. I was optimizing after I was generating the wheel  and the amount of lines was staying the same. I just did it as you said and now I see what you mean!

About my previous message, I didn't exactly convey what I wanted. For instance, I have two  wheels:

1) 4if6in6 in  23 lines, 4if6 100%

and

2) 4if6in6 in 9 lines , 4if6 75%

Let's  say I get all 6 numbers in the second wheel and that 4 numbers fall into one line winning the 4th prize. At this time, I am looking to get the 5th and 6th balls into that winning line. My thought is that, in the case of the second wheel,  I will have a better chance of getting the 1st or 2nd prize as the 5th drawn number has to fall into 1 out of the 5 lines.

Whereas if I go with the first wheel, and I do get the 4 numbers in one line, then the 5th ball will need to fall into 1 out of the 23 lines - which is more difficult. 

Is this a correct way of thinking?

Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3106 Posts
              Posted: August 10, 2011, 5:53 am - IP Logged

Hi BobP,

Thanks a million for your replies. I was optimizing after I was generating the wheel  and the amount of lines was staying the same. I just did it as you said and now I see what you mean!

About my previous message, I didn't exactly convey what I wanted. For instance, I have two  wheels:

1) 4if6in6 in  23 lines, 4if6 100%

and

2) 4if6in6 in 9 lines , 4if6 75%

Let's  say I get all 6 numbers in the second wheel and that 4 numbers fall into one line winning the 4th prize. At this time, I am looking to get the 5th and 6th balls into that winning line. My thought is that, in the case of the second wheel,  I will have a better chance of getting the 1st or 2nd prize as the 5th drawn number has to fall into 1 out of the 5 lines.

Whereas if I go with the first wheel, and I do get the 4 numbers in one line, then the 5th ball will need to fall into 1 out of the 23 lines - which is more difficult. 

Is this a correct way of thinking?

All things considered, more unique lines means more ways to win. 

It is totally a matter of luck that the numbers fall onto a combination that matches the winning combination above the guarantee.   There is also the chance of the more complete wheel having two or more winning lines and of course the more lines that match the guarantee the better chance they will have the additional matches to provide a better win or a jackpot.

One must do the best they can, number selection, wheel selection, budget, sit back and watch the drawing and hope to rise above the guarantee.

BobP

Spain
                Member #114615
                August 4, 2011
                27 Posts
                Posted: August 10, 2011, 8:51 am - IP Logged

Yes, you are right! I am just trying to analyse every little detail I can think of. Thank you for all of your replies. You've been very helpful. Thumbs Up