Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

There needs to be a harder MUSL game.

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: August 23, 2011, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

dude dont be hating that others are winning and you arent .  if its so easy to win where is your winning ticket?  you probaly never even won  in a scratch off  ticker . hahahah talking about easy to win Cussing Face.

I'm not hating on winners, I'd just like to see a game that's more competitive.  People win Powerball and Mega Millions so often that it's really not a big deal anymore.  Also it would be fun to play for bigger prizes.  Imagine if the game I proposed hit the jackpot cap at $1 billion dollars.  I guarantee you convenience stores around the country would have lines several blocks long to buy tickets.  People in states that play the lottery very heavily like New England would be bringing duffle bags full of $100 bills to buy tickets with.  In fact you'd probably have to limit ticket sales to 1,000 tickets per player.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2011, 11:51 am - IP Logged

It's been WAY too easy for people to win Powerball and Mega Millions.  I know most of you don't think so, but if you asked any winner I'm sure they'd tell you it was too easy.

I would propose a game where you pick 15 numbers + 1 bonus ball.  You'd need huge ball hoppers to hold all the #'s, but I'd propose regular #'s for this game go from 1-9,999.  Bonus ball #'s would go from 1-4,999.

I'd like to see people try and win this one every single drawing. lol

What would be the odds of winning the jackpot I wonder?

Why don't you go try your luck at KENO?

I play 'penny' Keno games where a pick-8 pays $1,000, it's nice because you can play 100 games for $1.00, and you can leave and have your ticket checked within a year.

So far, I have played maybe 50 times, and I've won twice.

Anyway, no, a 15 number + PB game is a nice thought but dumb idea, because after nobody has won it for two years and the jackpot is two Billion dollars, folks will be sceaming it's fixed, just as they are now with RB 28 never hitting. Nice try though.

I still think anytime a jackpot gets over 200 million dollars they should draw TWO sets of numbers, have TWO winning tickets, spread the wealth.

mystical parrot's avatar - batman57
      atlanta
      United States
      Member #113472
      July 10, 2011
      209 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2011, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

We're just lucky they don't make us pick the numbers in the order they were drawn in order to win the jackpot.  Imagine putting that twist to the current game!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19826 Posts
        Posted: August 25, 2011, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

We're just lucky they don't make us pick the numbers in the order they were drawn in order to win the jackpot.  Imagine putting that twist to the current game!

They would be lucky to sell any tickets if they did that, players have to believe there's a chance someone will win even if it isn't them before they will play.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
          Member #93164
          June 23, 2010
          1322 Posts
          Posted: August 30, 2011, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Good thing Powerball increased the price to $2 in 2012. The odds are not that easy.

CrazyHazyYay!'s avatar - atlanta sports-teams-300x208.gif
            Born in the USA
            United States
            Member #108003
            March 19, 2011
            46 Posts
            Posted: September 26, 2011, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Good thing Powerball increased the price to $2 in 2012. The odds are not that easy.

Is this a sarcastic post? I think I'll be playing Powerball much less now that they doubled the price. I used to play when the annuity got around 60-70 million, but now I'll probably wait until it's well over the 100 million mark.

While the value of a dollar is substantial, hope is priceless. But if you ain't got a dollar, then it's hopeless.

NASHVILLE, TENN
              United States
              Member #33372
              February 20, 2006
              1044 Posts
              Posted: October 1, 2011, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

I wonder how many times have people, after getting their change at the corner grocery, just threw a dollar on the counter and said, "Give me a Quick Pick".

I wonder how many people will do that when the price goes to $2?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19826 Posts
                Posted: October 1, 2011, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

I wonder how many times have people, after getting their change at the corner grocery, just threw a dollar on the counter and said, "Give me a Quick Pick".

When matching 5+0 pays $1M, there will be plenty of players buying a $2 QP.  I wonder how many will pay extra for PowerPlay since it will only increase the payout for matching 5+0 to $2M.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49725 Posts
                  Posted: October 1, 2011, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Enough people will plunk down the additional $1 to make up for the people that won't plunk down the additional $1 and then some. It's a Win-Win situation for MUSL.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: October 1, 2011, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

The 2nd dollar will cover the enhanced prizes and the 3rd dollar is most likely just gravy.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke