Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Accepting Jackpot money for ONLY those who think money WON'T make them happy

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 5 years ago by jrosina.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

If you believe money won't bring you happiness, would you still accept the money?

YES [ 33 ]  [97.06%]
NO [ 1 ]  [2.94%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2011, 12:19 am - IP Logged

No amount of money is worth for being manipulated or enslaved by a manipulator. I value my freedom and dignity more than anything. In real life, nobody gives you 20 millions dollars without any implied strings attached, may be not legally but at least psychologically.

Whatever, I know you're full of it.

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2011, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Maybe he's been under the influece of rdgrnr, who, as it turns out, has puzzling tendencies...

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/235095/2173930 

Aw, leave Ridge alone. If he wants to come out of the closet with hints here and there, it's fine with me. It's HARD for them sometimes. I have nothing against Ridge whispering sweet nothings in Bubba's ear (or redhot)....Green laugh

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2011, 12:33 am - IP Logged

Aw, leave Ridge alone. If he wants to come out of the closet with hints here and there, it's fine with me. It's HARD for them sometimes. I have nothing against Ridge whispering sweet nothings in Bubba's ear (or redhot)....Green laugh

Don't encourage him joker, I think he likes me...Puke

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2011, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Anybody who doesn't think money wouldn't make them happy is probably not OK up there in the brain space......................so theoretically no internet,  running water,  electricity, MP3's, food etc.......

Finally, someone who's being totally honest.

Short and sweet and no "but if and but that"...Thumbs Up

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3315 Posts
          Posted: August 18, 2011, 7:41 am - IP Logged

i dont think it will " make " me happy! but it will provide a more comfortable, and luxurious style of misery.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            41804 Posts
            Posted: August 18, 2011, 9:31 am - IP Logged

Apples and oranges. People are happy when they're drunk and smoked. Bad analogy Raven.

According to you, If I'm gonna be unhappy ANYWAY, I may as well be rich and unhappy....DUH!!!

But that's according to you, not to me. I know for a fact I'll be happier than an elephant in high heels...

What's your wish list with 20 million Joker ?

The first thing I do is retire , the second, I go get a new cars for me and Hubby, Third I quietly help friends and family in need, fourth I get a blue ray disc player with complete Harry Potter DVD'S, Then we plan a nice vacation.

Do I have a grand plan if I win a nice chunk, not really, What makes me Happy, My Husband and Son, my garden, walking my dogs, having lunch with my sisters and laughing our a**es off.

Never will I believe that true happiness can be bought, it's something you feel in your heart , mind and soul.

Money can bring financial security, only if you know how to handle it.

Would I accept the money ? sure thats why I gamble, I will continue to gamble, I will play 3 digit as long as it's there to play. The money would free up our time to do the things we enjoy.

HyperBe Happy.

karinda's avatar - WINGS
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #108445
              March 25, 2011
              2855 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2011, 9:59 am - IP Logged

The first thing I do is retire , the second, I go get a new cars for me and Hubby, Third I quietly help friends and family in need, fourth I get a blue ray disc player with complete Harry Potter DVD'S, Then we plan a nice vacation.

Do I have a grand plan if I win a nice chunk, not really, What makes me Happy, My Husband and Son, my garden, walking my dogs, having lunch with my sisters and laughing our a**es off.

Never will I believe that true happiness can be bought, it's something you feel in your heart , mind and soul.

Would I accept the money ? sure thats why I gamble, I will continue to gamble, I will play 3 digit as long as it's there to play. The money would free up our time to do the things we enjoy.

Sully,

Thank you for posting this. 

Karinda

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                41804 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2011, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Sully,

Thank you for posting this. 

Karinda

Your Welcome.

HyperBe Happy.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10388 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2011, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

OK joker, I'll play.

Winning $20,000,000 that I don't think would make me happy would make me so happy.

(This is a PSYOPS exercise).

Maybe we should do a thread about what money can and can't buy, or would continuing this thread with that be a hi-jack?

Your call.

(Waiting for Ridge to post lyrics to Porter Wagoner's A Satisfied Mind).

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3857 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2011, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

OK joker, I'll play.

Winning $20,000,000 that I don't think would make me happy would make me so happy.

(This is a PSYOPS exercise).

Maybe we should do a thread about what money can and can't buy, or would continuing this thread with that be a hi-jack?

Your call.

(Waiting for Ridge to post lyrics to Porter Wagoner's A Satisfied Mind).

i think that new thread would be interesting.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                      Member #93947
                      July 10, 2010
                      2180 Posts
                      Posted: August 19, 2011, 2:42 am - IP Logged

Heavens to Betsy, Goodness Gracious and Land Sakes Alive, aren't you the homophobe!

You humanists are so hateful!

You owe each and every tinkerbelle in here an apology, Nancy!

Oh wait... you're the only one except for the princess who purportedly went to Sweden for an operation.

Well then... never mind.

Thank God I'm a country boy! Yeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa!

Nice try, but no cigar!

Anyone who takes my link will see through your attempt at obfuscation.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2011, 10:17 am - IP Logged

Nice try, but no cigar!

Anyone who takes my link will see through your attempt at obfuscation.

Could someone else talk to Nancy please?

Please?

He's focused on me like a laser beam and it's really getting creepy.

Please?

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2011, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Could someone else talk to Nancy please?

Please?

He's focused on me like a laser beam and it's really getting creepy.

Please?

He/she's all yours ridgey...

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: August 19, 2011, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

He/she's all yours ridgey...

Thanks ever so much, pal.

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2011, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Help friends..:)...Don't ever forget tiggs and The Brain are you friends always will be your friends and will never stop being your friends..Did tiggs say friends enough times so you won't forget....friend..:):)...

Pure luck