Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:01 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Accepting Jackpot money for ONLY those who think money WON'T make them happy

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 5 years ago by jrosina.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

If you believe money won't bring you happiness, would you still accept the money?

YES [ 33 ]  [97.06%]
NO [ 1 ]  [2.94%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
42062 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2011, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Help friends..:)...Don't ever forget tiggs and The Brain are you friends always will be your friends and will never stop being your friends..Did tiggs say friends enough times so you won't forget....friend..:):)...

Would never forget Tiggs and the Brain, Say Hello to the Brain, Tell her the critters ate the rest of my strawberries in my garden, might have to keep dogs out all night. <snip> critters !

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

HyperBe Happy.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2011, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Would never forget Tiggs and the Brain, Say Hello to the Brain, Tell her the critters ate the rest of my strawberries in my garden, might have to keep dogs out all night. <snip> critters !

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Put a scare-crow with ridge's picture on it and the ****'** critters will stay way far far far away..

Pure luck

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2011, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

What's your wish list with 20 million Joker ?

The first thing I do is retire , the second, I go get a new cars for me and Hubby, Third I quietly help friends and family in need, fourth I get a blue ray disc player with complete Harry Potter DVD'S, Then we plan a nice vacation.

Do I have a grand plan if I win a nice chunk, not really, What makes me Happy, My Husband and Son, my garden, walking my dogs, having lunch with my sisters and laughing our a**es off.

Never will I believe that true happiness can be bought, it's something you feel in your heart , mind and soul.

Money can bring financial security, only if you know how to handle it.

Would I accept the money ? sure thats why I gamble, I will continue to gamble, I will play 3 digit as long as it's there to play. The money would free up our time to do the things we enjoy.

I think 200 million would do the trick.

First I'd buy a mansion on Malibu beach, a couple of penthouses in N.Y.C., and a 30 million dollar yacht with a helicopter-pad on the yacht parked at the marina in Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles. Then I'd buy a 3 million dollar recording studio with an experienced guitar mentor on call, a stage with huge speakers on my beach at the Malibu house, and buy propert on both sides of the house a quarter mile on each side so I can play my music as loud as I want. Play with a band at my house all the time. Have a harem by my side at all times. Travel all around the world.

I'd give money to my family and some friends. The rest of the money would go into savings and investments.

After the first two weeks of heavy partying, I'd take a two week break in a peacful location to dry out. Then start the whole process all over again...lol

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        42062 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2011, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

I think 200 million would do the trick.

First I'd buy a mansion on Malibu beach, a couple of penthouses in N.Y.C., and a 30 million dollar yacht with a helicopter-pad on the yacht parked at the marina in Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles. Then I'd buy a 3 million dollar recording studio with an experienced guitar mentor on call, a stage with huge speakers on my beach at the Malibu house, and buy propert on both sides of the house a quarter mile on each side so I can play my music as loud as I want. Play with a band at my house all the time. Have a harem by my side at all times. Travel all around the world.

I'd give money to my family and some friends. The rest of the money would go into savings and investments.

After the first two weeks of heavy partying, I'd take a two week break in a peacful location to dry out. Then start the whole process all over again...lol

LOL, You sound like my brother. PARTY ON DUDE.Party

HyperBe Happy.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
          FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2011, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

I voted yes.  It wouldn't make me happier but it would get me out of slavery debt.  Thinking of...

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
            Gurnee, Illinois
            United States
            Member #49731
            February 12, 2007
            919 Posts
            Posted: August 21, 2011, 6:54 am - IP Logged

Of course money will not buy one happiness, but it sure can afford you things and experiences that can make one happy.  I can tell you I have a long list of things and experiences that will make me VERY happy indeed. 

Another interesting thing is that I find it amusing that a lot of people say they will RETIRE when they come into a large sum of money.  IMHO, when I come into such a large sum of money, I will actually BEGIN to work to ENJOY life instead of doing my best with what I have to make my life enjoyable.  Some people may not get that...just re-read it and it should start to make sense.  Even though I am not independently wealthy NOW, I still never find any boring moments in my life.  So when I win that nice big jackpot, I will CONTINUE to LIVE, only will just elevate my level of life enjoyment (cannot divulge that plan but believe me, it will be a blast!).

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

NY
              United States
              Member #103217
              December 31, 2010
              96 Posts
              Posted: August 21, 2011, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Once I have financial security(nothing too extravagent), then giving it to charity will not make me guilty and won't mess me up despite of winning souch a large dough without having to work for it.

martingorgeous's avatar - azural
                Johannesburg
                South Africa
                Member #113589
                July 12, 2011
                48 Posts
                Posted: August 22, 2011, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

Ok, here's the question, and be honest. This  question is ONLY for people who don't think money will make them happy. All others please don't choose.

If you believe that there's a possibility that a lot money won't make you happy, would you deny the money given to you?

Of course If you're playing the lottery, you're gonna accept the money, but let's say someone wants to hand you 20 million dollars free and clear, would you tell them that you don't want to take it because it may make you unhappy?

It's a yes or no answer.

Hi Joker17. More money won't bring me more happiness. I am happy!Wink

But yes, I'd surely accept the jackpot money. It would help me to continue my charity work and to help more people and animals.Big Smile

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: August 25, 2011, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Hi Joker17. More money won't bring me more happiness. I am happy!Wink

But yes, I'd surely accept the jackpot money. It would help me to continue my charity work and to help more people and animals.Big Smile

Ok, but you'd be happier than you are now. Wouldn't  your ability to help your charity and help people and animals on a greater scale  make you happier?

Just imagine the increased satisfaction that enables you to do everything you're doing now, but a hundred fold. What folks seem to forget is the amplified effect. The world is practically at your command.

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: September 3, 2011, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Joker!!! LMHOOOFFFF Ha,Ha,ha,ha,ha, elephant ih high heals?????!!!!Ha,ha,LOLmygoodness too much!!Big SmileGreen laugh!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: September 3, 2011, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

Joker!!! LMHOOOFFFF Ha,Ha,ha,ha,ha, elephant ih high heals?????!!!!Ha,ha,LOLmygoodness too much!!Big SmileGreen laugh!

and yes Joker,  I would Gladly accept the money, thathathank you very much!!

what kind of fool would I be if Ididn't???     Mama was a severe case gambler!!

and so is her daughther

and it's not for egg shells , that we play with the digits!!!It's for the doblones!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina