Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Take 5 New York

Topic closed. 295 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 19 of 20
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3702 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2012, 9:13 am - IP Logged

"The single Take5 JP winner is the exception.  Most days multiple winners are seen, and hardly ever is there not a winner from NYC or Long Island."

True, true.  Wasn't that long ago that you'd either have no winner or a single winner with multiples being rare.  You're right, though, these days there's usually two or three winners a day.

And the NYC/LI thing makes sense as combined they make up about 57% of the entire state's population (NYC 42.5%, LI 14.5%).

"Sweet Million isnt pari-mutuel, but there are hardly any JP winners."

Indeed.  I've gotta think it's because of either the odds or the paltry lower-tier prize structure.  As for me, I play both games.  A split T5 jackpot is better than not hitting it at all, and of course I wouldn't turn my nose up at the $1M prize from Sweet Million.

Just for spite and to prove me wrong, and probably because you agreed with me too, Take5 produced one winner for 88 grand last nite!  However, I was partially correct!  The ticket was sold on Long Island in Nassau County!!

As for very few SM JP winner's, it's a "coverage" problem.  They only sell 8% of the total 3,838,383 possible combinations.  That means only 8% are "covered" while 92% are "uncovered".  I'm sure that's due the fact the lower tier prizes stink and the JP doesnt rollover.  And you'll only get $667,000 after Uncle Sam gets through with you.  (But just like you, I'd take it!!)

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
    Member #94616
    July 24, 2010
    4735 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2012, 5:59 am - IP Logged

That makes *2* nites in a row with NO Jackpot winner.. LOL!! once we start talking about the number of winners... Blue Thinking

Albany, NY
      United States
      Member #124164
      March 8, 2012
      42 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2012, 9:10 am - IP Logged

I guess too many people won at once and they needed a break :).

My guess is 2 people hit it tonight(pick me, pick me).

Gonna work out my Take 5 sets in a bit, and my mega millions numbers.

United States
        Member #94616
        July 24, 2010
        4735 Posts
        Posted: March 16, 2012, 5:33 am - IP Logged

That makes *2* nites in a row with NO Jackpot winner.. LOL!! once we start talking about the number of winners... Blue Thinking

Ok,, this is getting strange *5* nites in a ROW with no jackpot winner!!!!! 

Albany, NY
          United States
          Member #124164
          March 8, 2012
          42 Posts
          Posted: March 16, 2012, 8:29 am - IP Logged

yeah I dont think I have ever seen it go this many nights in a row wihtout a winner.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
            upstate NY
            United States
            Member #108791
            March 31, 2011
            549 Posts
            Posted: March 16, 2012, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I was wondering if we broke Take 5!  Jester Laugh

It's especially strange considering they've got a T5 ticket promotion this month.  You'd think the extra sales to get over the $10 hump plus the 3 free QPs would add more coverage.  Maybe everyone splashed out in the beginning of the month and didn't bother buying more tickets as the month went on.  Does NYL publish sales numbers anywhere?

The promotion worked for me, though.  I usually play a week's draws all at once, one line, my numbers.  This week I finally remembered to add a QP line to trigger the free QPs.  Well, the free ones bombed out on me, but Wednesday night I won both a Free Play AND a third prize ($22)!

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3702 Posts
              Posted: March 16, 2012, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I was wondering if we broke Take 5!  Jester Laugh

It's especially strange considering they've got a T5 ticket promotion this month.  You'd think the extra sales to get over the $10 hump plus the 3 free QPs would add more coverage.  Maybe everyone splashed out in the beginning of the month and didn't bother buying more tickets as the month went on.  Does NYL publish sales numbers anywhere?

The promotion worked for me, though.  I usually play a week's draws all at once, one line, my numbers.  This week I finally remembered to add a QP line to trigger the free QPs.  Well, the free ones bombed out on me, but Wednesday night I won both a Free Play AND a third prize ($22)!

NYL doesnt publish much, and I've never seen sales numbers for any game made public.  That said, they'll tell you, if you ask them.  If you send them an e-mail from the NYL website, they'll answer it.

I was thinking we would have seen larger dollar amounts for JP's, and they'd be split among a larger number of winners due to the promo.   Typically we see most JP's won nearly every day split by 2 winners.  I thought what would happen would be we'd see larger size JP's split among 3 or 4 winners.  (For example $105,000 split 4 or 5 ways)

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: March 16, 2012, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

I see nobody has won any money last night...so its time to step it up a little.

Regarding the promotion...a part of me hates it because i think you should just be able to by 5 and get 1.

The other half says yes 6 qp are better than none...because you have to play two sets of numbers...

one for today and one for tommorrow...in essence two wheels with the best chance of overlap...

this fact is causing my mind to stretch a little...Hiding Behind Computer

Albany, NY
                  United States
                  Member #124164
                  March 8, 2012
                  42 Posts
                  Posted: March 18, 2012, 9:08 am - IP Logged

A week straight without a winner.  I definitely dont remember that ever happening.  I am sure it has, but, I dont remember it.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3157 Posts
                    Posted: March 18, 2012, 11:00 am - IP Logged

I play this for fun, but it's almost not worth it. It was recently hit 10mins from me for 20k so it gives me alittle hope. I also try Cash 5 in conn. It pays 100k.             GL 

1 10 20 23 30

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3702 Posts
                      Posted: March 18, 2012, 11:46 am - IP Logged

I play this for fun, but it's almost not worth it. It was recently hit 10mins from me for 20k so it gives me alittle hope. I also try Cash 5 in conn. It pays 100k.             GL 

1 10 20 23 30

Nobody plays Take5 to get rich.  I have a relative that won a small T5 JP (it was a total of 68K split by 5 winners) but he did something nice with his share. I was there to see it and take part in it.

Playing the lottery can wear you down.  I'm like evrybody else, I get tired of losing all the time. But I do believe if you keep giving yourself a chance to win, it might take a very looooooooooong time, you might be very glad you played.   So I'll keep buying my T5 tix and not hold my breath.

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: March 21, 2012, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

A nice win in NY T5 could go a long way to investing in larger games, ie. PB or MM, also it could allow large automated wheels in Sweet Million and Lotto...

How many players on this thread are in NYC? 

I plan to take my netbook to a bar that has quick draw soon, and try to beat it...its real fast and hard to watch the numbers come out and enter it in the computer at the same time withoug making errors....

anyway...#2 skip of 30D...will it get on fire after it hits??   Skeptical

United States
                          Member #94616
                          July 24, 2010
                          4735 Posts
                          Posted: April 2, 2012, 6:17 am - IP Logged

another NO jackpot winner set of numbers, this is happening alot more lately 

April 1, 2012 Take Five Winning Numbers: 20-32-33-36-37 Take Five Drawing - No First-Prize Winners - Second Prize Winners Benefit - 7239 total cash-prize winner(s

United States
                            Member #94616
                            July 24, 2010
                            4735 Posts
                            Posted: April 7, 2012, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Figures only QP's hit last nites CRAZY numbers 

pril 6, 2012 Take Five Winning Numbers: 15-16-17-18-32 Take Five Drawing - 2 Top Prize Winner(s) of $49,467.00 top prize

PRIZE LEVELNUMBERS MATCHEDPRIZE AMOUNTNO.OF WINNERS
                            First5 of 5$49,467.002
                            Winning Counties: ALBANY (QP), ERIE (QP),
                            Retailer Locations: 
                            • STEWART'S SHOPS #133 , 1050 WESTERN AVE , ALBANY
                            • K-FAM LLC , 957 BRIGHTON RD , TONAWANDA
                            Second4 of 5$304.50487
                            Third3 of 5$22.5010893
                            Fourth2 of 5FREE PLAY *115155
                              RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                              NY
                              United States
                              Member #121961
                              January 21, 2012
                              3157 Posts
                              Posted: April 8, 2012, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Figures only QP's hit last nites CRAZY numbers 

pril 6, 2012 Take Five Winning Numbers: 15-16-17-18-32 Take Five Drawing - 2 Top Prize Winner(s) of $49,467.00 top prize

PRIZE LEVELNUMBERS MATCHEDPRIZE AMOUNTNO.OF WINNERS
                              First5 of 5$49,467.002
                              Winning Counties: ALBANY (QP), ERIE (QP),
                              Retailer Locations: 
                              • STEWART'S SHOPS #133 , 1050 WESTERN AVE , ALBANY
                              • K-FAM LLC , 957 BRIGHTON RD , TONAWANDA
                              Second4 of 5$304.50487
                              Third3 of 5$22.5010893
                              Fourth2 of 5FREE PLAY *115155

Amazing two peeps hit those nums.

Page 19 of 20