Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

6 New Episodes of The Lottery Changed My Life

Topic closed. 163 replies. Last post 5 years ago by meetoo.

Page 3 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #93503
July 1, 2010
453 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2011, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I watched an episode of it earlier- accept it was a re run of an older broadcast!

New Episode was on at 9pm/8pm CT. Yeah, no clue what they did with $51.7M unclaimed prize..

trulyblessed's avatar - yocco
    Durham, North Carolina
    United States
    Member #58710
    February 23, 2008
    6867 Posts
    Posted: October 17, 2011, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

I'm watching the one with Bert now. HEElarious!!!

Lovies

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
      Member #32537
      February 12, 2006
      698 Posts
      Posted: October 17, 2011, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

WTH did indiana do w/ unclaimed 51.7 m ?

it was powerball, so all states got "jackpot prize pool money"  each state added to pot returned back to each state based on total sales

, and then" the state lotterys"  used the money however they wanted "hint they taken it for them selfs"

i really do think, we the players, if a rolling jackpot like pb, or mm, jackpot goes unclaimed, that prize pool, the jackpot cash, should Never go back to states,   and be reput back into next drawing of game,   the players are the one that funded the jackpot prize pool to that amount

we should be allowed to get the money via a real winner, and not "state won their own jackpot game due to winner missing in action"

however,  my worst fear, is rules about 2 winners of a major jackpot of say PB/MM,    but 1 does not claim!

that is a ticking time bomb of evil bound to happen some day.

current logic of lottery is down right evil,      say  their a 200+ million level jackpot , so sells are way up, so you end up with 2 ticket winners then normal 1 only winners.

but 1 fails to claim  atfer say 6 months or so. whenever time up

now even thro  you have 1 winner who claimed,    he sure only gets half!

and the lottery takes the 1  half that didn't claim, and keeps the money for them self's

will if i was winner of said pb/mm jackpot, and the 2nd ticket holder failed to claim

, i demand, rightful so, that i get full jackpot, as other winner failed to claim , hance am the only winner, hance all jackpot belongs to me, lottery got to keep the intrest  of jackpot for 6, months so they can enjoy that for having it for 6 months LOL

it would be a epic legal battle, lottery history being made, 

when only winner claims, they make you agree to their "rules" saying they get to keep half , blah blah, they got their tricks.

anyway, it be a public nitemare, with 1 winner calling them thefts, etc, and if they refused, and lawyers failed, it would not be a happy ending,

anyway, the lottery rules on winners failing to claim is down right stupid and greedy as it gets on rolling  jackpot prize pools

and am sure in dis belief, they would  try if it ever happened,

knowing my luck, it would happen to me, as if i had luck to win, you bet  i have the luck to have the lottery try to screw me out of millions.

-, anyway back on topic,   i loved the race car fan guy, loved hes story, i never really get people who enjoy cars going around and around billion times, but glad such  people get enjoyment out of it. whatever makes them happy! is alright to me.

as for gay couple, just rofl, 1 that's, flamboyant gay guy , it was bound to happen  , gay winners.

, you know the whole voice thing, etc, wow... i was cracking up at that dance in front of hes new vech,  and other a chef , anyone who enjoys cooking and serveing hes friends is alright in my book.

even let mom of 1 live with them,  taking care of family, how cute.

thro that  smaller florida winner, the 1 with fish supply shop?,  giving so many cars to hes freinds, , not so sure wisest investment............... thro  he got hes xwife back and they appear to be love birds, so i guest its a happy ending.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
        The Ville, FL
        United States
        Member #95879
        August 19, 2010
        1708 Posts
        Posted: October 17, 2011, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

it was powerball, so all states got "jackpot prize pool money"  each state added to pot returned back to each state based on total sales

, and then" the state lotterys"  used the money however they wanted "hint they taken it for them selfs"

i really do think, we the players, if a rolling jackpot like pb, or mm, jackpot goes unclaimed, that prize pool, the jackpot cash, should Never go back to states,   and be reput back into next drawing of game,   the players are the one that funded the jackpot prize pool to that amount

we should be allowed to get the money via a real winner, and not "state won their own jackpot game due to winner missing in action"

however,  my worst fear, is rules about 2 winners of a major jackpot of say PB/MM,    but 1 does not claim!

that is a ticking time bomb of evil bound to happen some day.

current logic of lottery is down right evil,      say  their a 200+ million level jackpot , so sells are way up, so you end up with 2 ticket winners then normal 1 only winners.

but 1 fails to claim  atfer say 6 months or so. whenever time up

now even thro  you have 1 winner who claimed,    he sure only gets half!

and the lottery takes the 1  half that didn't claim, and keeps the money for them self's

will if i was winner of said pb/mm jackpot, and the 2nd ticket holder failed to claim

, i demand, rightful so, that i get full jackpot, as other winner failed to claim , hance am the only winner, hance all jackpot belongs to me, lottery got to keep the intrest  of jackpot for 6, months so they can enjoy that for having it for 6 months LOL

it would be a epic legal battle, lottery history being made, 

when only winner claims, they make you agree to their "rules" saying they get to keep half , blah blah, they got their tricks.

anyway, it be a public nitemare, with 1 winner calling them thefts, etc, and if they refused, and lawyers failed, it would not be a happy ending,

anyway, the lottery rules on winners failing to claim is down right stupid and greedy as it gets on rolling  jackpot prize pools

and am sure in dis belief, they would  try if it ever happened,

knowing my luck, it would happen to me, as if i had luck to win, you bet  i have the luck to have the lottery try to screw me out of millions.

-, anyway back on topic,   i loved the race car fan guy, loved hes story, i never really get people who enjoy cars going around and around billion times, but glad such  people get enjoyment out of it. whatever makes them happy! is alright to me.

as for gay couple, just rofl, 1 that's, flamboyant gay guy , it was bound to happen  , gay winners.

, you know the whole voice thing, etc, wow... i was cracking up at that dance in front of hes new vech,  and other a chef , anyone who enjoys cooking and serveing hes friends is alright in my book.

even let mom of 1 live with them,  taking care of family, how cute.

thro that  smaller florida winner, the 1 with fish supply shop?,  giving so many cars to hes freinds, , not so sure wisest investment............... thro  he got hes xwife back and they appear to be love birds, so i guest its a happy ending.

Dude, that one guy that was flamboyant in front of his new mercendez was awesome LOL that sh*t has me laughing

Delaware
          United States
          Member #93503
          July 1, 2010
          453 Posts
          Posted: October 17, 2011, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Dude, that one guy that was flamboyant in front of his new mercendez was awesome LOL that sh*t has me laughing

Yeah... not sure if I can ever go to Dover Downs with the same thought as I had before lol.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: October 18, 2011, 12:21 am - IP Logged

They should have called that segment: Jamie's Fabulous Mercedes!

Hollywood should give him a call if they ever do a remake of La Cage Aux Folles.

He was funny, gotta give him that.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: October 18, 2011, 12:26 am - IP Logged

The guy with the NASCAR team worried me a little bit, seemed a little too fast and loose with his money.

I know he's got a lot of money but 4 or 5 houses and all those vehicles and all those employees on the race team can eat it up real fast.

--Edmund Burke

Delaware
                United States
                Member #93503
                July 1, 2010
                453 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2011, 12:27 am - IP Logged

The guy with the NASCAR team worried me a little bit, seemed a little too fast and loose with his money.

I know he's got a lot of money but 4 or 5 houses and all those vehicles and all those employees on the race team can eat it up real fast.

He has sponsors to help pay for the Nascar team..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: October 18, 2011, 12:30 am - IP Logged

He has sponsors to help pay for the Nascar team..

Sponsors can be real fickle if you ain't winning like they'd like ya too though.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                    Member #94616
                    July 24, 2010
                    4735 Posts
                    Posted: October 18, 2011, 3:41 am - IP Logged

Sponsors can be real fickle if you ain't winning like they'd like ya too though.

Read the article in Nascar.com on him.  He has the Sadler brothers helping him.  Hermie is trying to make sure that does not happen.  The sponsor came with the car, and Hermie told him NOT to get a team without a major sponsor involved.   But you are right, if the sponsor pulls out he needs to get out.

The one that was kinda scary was the fisherman.  He spent alot of his money on his friends, buying trucks for them.  Now admits he might have made a mistake?  But if he can keep the business going and it covers his bills he should be ok.

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      Florida
                      United States
                      Member #77815
                      August 1, 2009
                      3460 Posts
                      Posted: October 18, 2011, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Upcoming episodes:

Monday 
                      October 24

Lottery Changed My Life
                      Most Eligible Millionaire
                      TV-PG (L)

Luck was on Leroy's side when he won two million dollars in the Michigan lottery. Now, he's gone from food stamps to living the high life with his son Jeff in tow, who is determined to help his dad become the most eligible millionaire!

Monday October 31
                      Lottery Changed My Life
                      Sheriff Millionaire
                      TV-PG

Take a trip to Martinsburg, West Virginia to meet Randy who is a retired town sheriff and a 79 million-dollar Powerball winner! Randy's mission; to give back to the community that he loves.

Guess Who's Back?

United States
                        Member #26330
                        November 16, 2005
                        330 Posts
                        Posted: October 18, 2011, 11:55 am - IP Logged

They should have called that segment: Jamie's Fabulous Mercedes!

Hollywood should give him a call if they ever do a remake of La Cage Aux Folles.

He was funny, gotta give him that.

HAHAH  that was entertaining!  Bert was about the best segment of the show for personality. I don't see how if he won a $4 Million jackpot before taxes he is able to spend $2 Million on a house and not be broke.  I liked the Nascar guy but he needs to be carefull...he is spending pretty wildly on vehicles and houses.   The guy who had the bait shop seems like a good guy that made mistakes but it was nice to hear someone not blame a "Curse" and blame himself.   He seemed really happy to have his bait shop/Boats/and wife so I liked the guy(how could you not like a guy with a nickname like "Crappy Jack"?)  I could relate ..... A good boat to go fishing and a good woman by your side sounds good to me!  I plan to go to sail around the Bahama's myself after my win..LOLThumbs Up

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                          British Columbia
                          Canada
                          Member #116101
                          September 4, 2011
                          4033 Posts
                          Posted: October 18, 2011, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Awesome! Thumbs Up

"You have to be in it to win it!"

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                            Florida
                            United States
                            Member #77815
                            August 1, 2009
                            3460 Posts
                            Posted: October 24, 2011, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

New episode tonight at 9 pm. Also, there will be a mini marathon on Nov. 6 starting at 3 pm.

Guess Who's Back?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                              United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: October 24, 2011, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

New episode tonight at 9 pm. Also, there will be a mini marathon on Nov. 6 starting at 3 pm.

thanks, i'm missing a few episodes from my collection. 

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Page 3 of 11