Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Here's the Thinkable Truth

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 years ago by mayhem.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
homeland security
United States
Member #82523
November 15, 2009
98 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2011, 8:46 am - IP Logged

This is only a theory!  You won't crack the powerball, or RNG games like the pick 5/39 because of the following:

First let me show you how I can make my own powerball or 5/39 game, then you will see why you can't crack it because I hold all the cards and decides when it will hit. Everyone knows that most games have a cut out time where you can't buy any more tickets before the game, which is probably like an hour or two before the TV drawing.  This gives me a high advantage over the players. Now on the day of drawing after the last ticket sell deadline time, I get to query the computer to see what all the combinations that have been purchased, let's use a pick 5/39 game. 

Let's say in a local state that about 30,000 lottery combinations of a 5/39 game have been bought.  Now each ticket that have been purchased is assign a number 1 thru 30,000. Now all I have to do as a lottery official, to make sure I satisfy the rule of random, is have a computer randomly choose a number that is between 1 thru 30,000 and whatever number that is chosen is the winner.  Let's say the computer chose number 500 which was assigned the combination (5-10-30-34-35), then that combination is the winning ticket.  Now you see why we could never, crack the lottery.  The lottery will never lose because they already have the combinations that have been played, and if they the don't want a winner, then they pick a combo that has not been played. 

The variable we need, is what the lottery officials have which is all the combinations that was played before the time drawing-deadline.  If we had access to those combinations, then we could track how their computer or program picks the winning tickets from the population tickets that's been played.

If the lottery was truly fair, then they wouldn't need an hour or whatever time from the deadline last ticket sell, to play.  The lottery would just play on the time, of the last ticket sells.   

remember this is only my theory.. but I believe it has some merits to it.. So please don't crucify me for my theory... I'm just trying to help someone who is thinking too hard!

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
    Constitutional Money Is Real Money
    Brick City
    United States
    Member #1216
    March 3, 2003
    1762 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2011, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Good post thinktank!

I think your theory is spot on. Of course none of our "upstanding and honest" lottery officials would ever admit to these type of tricks, but I would bet my bottom dollar that each and every Jackpot Lottery game around the world is rigged as you describe in your theory. Don't get me wrong, the low level workers in the different lottery commisions probably have no clue that this type of stuff goes on. The big guys at the top and the "independent" auditors are the culprits here...

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
    Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
    Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
    himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

homeland security
      United States
      Member #82523
      November 15, 2009
      98 Posts
      Posted: November 8, 2011, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Good post thinktank!

I think your theory is spot on. Of course none of our "upstanding and honest" lottery officials would ever admit to these type of tricks, but I would bet my bottom dollar that each and every Jackpot Lottery game around the world is rigged as you describe in your theory. Don't get me wrong, the low level workers in the different lottery commisions probably have no clue that this type of stuff goes on. The big guys at the top and the "independent" auditors are the culprits here...

Thanks Big Hitter, I know how hard truth can be accepted, but I hope this helps someone.  Once you think of how you can create your own lottery, and control its pay-outs, then things become clearer.  That's why I don't really play neither game, but I do try to crack it, even though I know deep down that it can't be cracked.  Maybe it's the saying that I heard in a video game which seems true, I believe the title of the game was"DRAGON AGE", the saying was, "TEMPTATION LIES IN THE FORBIDDEN!" 

I have some theories on how to infiltrate the lottery, but as I said in another earlier post, I just don't think technology is out to even scratch the surface.  All I can say, is just try to crack the lottery for a fun hobby, not for the greed of money, because you will lose yourself in searching for a far reached goal.

homeland security
        United States
        Member #82523
        November 15, 2009
        98 Posts
        Posted: November 8, 2011, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

one way to make lottery's fair is to not involve computers.  I mean even if they did play on the time of the last ticket sold, they still could manipulate the system.  I mean guys let's think about it!   If they could tell you what state or local gas station the winning ticket was sold, then that's proof that they track all combinations played........it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that lotteries' officials have ways of rigging the system.  This country is built on lies..lol.. yet we say "GOD BLESS AMERICA"......lol.... gotta love the irony!

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #99032
          October 18, 2010
          1439 Posts
          Posted: November 8, 2011, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

one way to make lottery's fair is to not involve computers.  I mean even if they did play on the time of the last ticket sold, they still could manipulate the system.  I mean guys let's think about it!   If they could tell you what state or local gas station the winning ticket was sold, then that's proof that they track all combinations played........it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that lotteries' officials have ways of rigging the system.  This country is built on lies..lol.. yet we say "GOD BLESS AMERICA"......lol.... gotta love the irony!

It would be very easy for Statisticians to tell if this was the case, unless they rigged it in such a way that nothing would appear abnormal - in which case, it would basically be statistically random.

I see your point - which is why I generally trust a ball draw more than a RNG, but a ball draw can be rigged as well.

Over the course of a few hundred draws, though, any cheating would be apparent unless they were very careful to make sure that their cheating matched normal distributions found in statistics.

homeland security
            United States
            Member #82523
            November 15, 2009
            98 Posts
            Posted: November 8, 2011, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

It would be very easy for Statisticians to tell if this was the case, unless they rigged it in such a way that nothing would appear abnormal - in which case, it would basically be statistically random.

I see your point - which is why I generally trust a ball draw more than a RNG, but a ball draw can be rigged as well.

Over the course of a few hundred draws, though, any cheating would be apparent unless they were very careful to make sure that their cheating matched normal distributions found in statistics.

You said a key word, "careful", even in ball draws, they could easily implement my theory with the weight of the balls variation or whatever. The point is if you and I could think of it to be rigged in theories, they probably thought of it a billion times more, perfecting such theories, where they are not traceable.  The government wouldn't oppose their rig becuase they make money off it as well....  We have to realize as a people that crime and war equals money.  Peace equals broke!  So guys don't take it too hard if your programs, or lottery systems are not working.  We have to realize that lottery officials employ staticians as well, to counter any discoverable funny bussiness...

Iwannawinbig's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg
              Commack, NY
              United States
              Member #118773
              November 7, 2011
              74 Posts
              Posted: November 8, 2011, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Couldn't a brilliant computer hacker figure out a way to break into the lottery's computer system and make his own numbers be the winners?

I used to think the lottery was a scam, sour grapes you could say I had since I have never won anything huge, but then my sister in law's brother won 7 million in Lotto and then $13,500 in Take Five and he has won other jackpots too, but he does not discuss all his winnings, so I have no idea how much more he won. And heyyy I congratulated him on his win, said I wanted to win big and he said I would but it would be when I least expect it, okay I have least expecting it for years now, hmmmmmm.  But seeing him win so much I think it could be leghitimate, but it is just an incredibly difficult thing to win the big jackpots.

If you're mean and angry go away, I am here just to play.Banana

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: November 8, 2011, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

No matter what or which numbers come out at any time, as any and everything is possible for "random" since the word random means anything possible.

When on Tn no pick 3 doubles came out for a long time and people complained, the state lottery said, that everything was O.K. that nothing was wrong, after all, who can say how random will behave, if it is really random, then anything is possible, it took a long time and very many more complaints for them to believe that it was possible that something might really be wrong.

Random-wise, is it possible that no doubles might come on any drawing for 1 month of draws? If there is any such thing as random, then it is possible, not likely at all for sure, but possible, very very small probability of that happening, but still probable, if there is such a thing as random.

Nobody can say that it is not possible and be right about it, random-wise.

As to the lotteries being fair or honest or not, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, being able to prove it, that is something else.

I don't trust the lotteries, but that is just me, they might or not be honest, honest or not, I don't trust them just the same, but it is just me, I am biased in this way (Crazy Way Maybe), don't go by how I feel about this, go by how you feel that it is, after all, I am not even saying that I am right about this, only that that is how I feel about it myself.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

homeland security
                  United States
                  Member #82523
                  November 15, 2009
                  98 Posts
                  Posted: November 9, 2011, 6:47 am - IP Logged

You all could be right about the lottery, but I'm just saying in a nut-shell, that Lotteries are random, it's just how they apply random to some set variables.  So, in reality a person could hit the lottery multiple times, because if the lottery took the whole population of tickets played and applied random picks to them, as I stated above, then basically it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.  So in essence, I'm saying you could use your custom made system, or a quick pick for the matter, because at the end of the day the lottery is applying there random picks to the tickets that the population have played. It's just my opinion

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: November 9, 2011, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

You all could be right about the lottery, but I'm just saying in a nut-shell, that Lotteries are random, it's just how they apply random to some set variables.  So, in reality a person could hit the lottery multiple times, because if the lottery took the whole population of tickets played and applied random picks to them, as I stated above, then basically it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.  So in essence, I'm saying you could use your custom made system, or a quick pick for the matter, because at the end of the day the lottery is applying there random picks to the tickets that the population have played. It's just my opinion

Your thinkable truth sounds like something quick pick players say, not systems players.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

homeland security
                      United States
                      Member #82523
                      November 15, 2009
                      98 Posts
                      Posted: November 10, 2011, 6:41 am - IP Logged

Your thinkable truth sounds like something quick pick players say, not systems players.

Rather quick pick players say it or not, I just want you to put yourself into a Lottery officials place, and ask yourself how you could make a perfect lottery system where you win, not the players, then my theory may not be so far fetched.  My theory will ensure that a single game will not go so long without a winner because I control win a winner wins, and I will not be cheating the players because in essence I am still holding to the random rule, and lastly even when I decide when a player shouldn't win in a game- because I could just run a random pick on the set of numbers not played.  I just don't want people to beat themselves up so harshly if their system don't win-if they realize that this kind of stuff is in play

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: November 10, 2011, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Rather quick pick players say it or not, I just want you to put yourself into a Lottery officials place, and ask yourself how you could make a perfect lottery system where you win, not the players, then my theory may not be so far fetched.  My theory will ensure that a single game will not go so long without a winner because I control win a winner wins, and I will not be cheating the players because in essence I am still holding to the random rule, and lastly even when I decide when a player shouldn't win in a game- because I could just run a random pick on the set of numbers not played.  I just don't want people to beat themselves up so harshly if their system don't win-if they realize that this kind of stuff is in play

For most lotteries, the "rigging" is in the payout vs natural odds relationship.

Tennessee has been known to do things ... differently.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19825 Posts
                          Posted: November 10, 2011, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, I thought you were saying the outcomes of random drawings can't be predicted and using a system doesn't improve your odds of winning. 

If you believe drawings are staged such that only combinations not played are drawn until a lottery official decides it's time to have a winner, why play at all?

By keeping 50% of the sales, lotteries win regardless of drawing outcomes.  When less than 30% of the possible combinations are sold before each drawing, it's likely there are going to be lots of drawings where no one wins the top prize.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
                            Member #91718
                            May 23, 2010
                            690 Posts
                            Posted: November 10, 2011, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

My thought is someone got to win and that someone may just be me. I know it's upsetting when you don't win. You try to think of all the tricks they have up their sleeves, but just maybe it is random. I thought about it for a moment, when I heard on one of the Lottery Shows, they said most guys name Tim wins. I thought how in the world did they come up with that and how is it possible. So if your name is Tim, you may just have a chance of winning. If your name is not Tim, you may want to consider changing it to Tim.

Also, I think if you win once or know of someone who has, your thought will be totally different about the game.

NASHVILLE, TENN
                              United States
                              Member #33372
                              February 20, 2006
                              1044 Posts
                              Posted: November 12, 2011, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, I thought you were saying the outcomes of random drawings can't be predicted and using a system doesn't improve your odds of winning. 

If you believe drawings are staged such that only combinations not played are drawn until a lottery official decides it's time to have a winner, why play at all?

By keeping 50% of the sales, lotteries win regardless of drawing outcomes.  When less than 30% of the possible combinations are sold before each drawing, it's likely there are going to be lots of drawings where no one wins the top prize.

RJOH

I do not believe any state lottery is satisfied with 50% of the ticket price.  They went to computers to increase the size of their "take" to 75% or better.

Tennessee is considering allowing players to use their debt cards to purchase tickets.  They are examining this as a way to increase their "take".  On the table is also using credit ( as in CREDIT) cards.

No state lottery will be satisfied with what they get.  They will always want more.