Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Here's the Thinkable Truth

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 years ago by mayhem.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19830 Posts
Posted: November 12, 2011, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

RJOH

I do not believe any state lottery is satisfied with 50% of the ticket price.  They went to computers to increase the size of their "take" to 75% or better.

Tennessee is considering allowing players to use their debt cards to purchase tickets.  They are examining this as a way to increase their "take".  On the table is also using credit ( as in CREDIT) cards.

No state lottery will be satisfied with what they get.  They will always want more.

That doesn't seem to have been the case in Massachusetts  with their roll down scheme that allowed big spenders to guaranteed themselves a big win.

While states want to maximize their "take" of lottery money most include multi-state games which compete with their local games and players are aware of risk/benefits and odds/payouts of all these games.  Tennessee may get away with something like that with their pick3/4 games who players routinely spent $10 trying to get a $50 box hit but not with their jackpot game.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: November 12, 2011, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

RJOH

I do not believe any state lottery is satisfied with 50% of the ticket price.  They went to computers to increase the size of their "take" to 75% or better.

Tennessee is considering allowing players to use their debt cards to purchase tickets.  They are examining this as a way to increase their "take".  On the table is also using credit ( as in CREDIT) cards.

No state lottery will be satisfied with what they get.  They will always want more.

The more they get the more they want.

Somebody should write the book: "Everything you need to know about greed, but think that you already know"

And no it isn't just Tn.

50% Was not enough, it is not enough and won't be enough, as said: "The more they get-make the more they want", they will never have enough, 100% still would not be enough.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
      Fort Worth, TX
      United States
      Member #106060
      February 11, 2011
      188 Posts
      Posted: November 13, 2011, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Couldn't a brilliant computer hacker figure out a way to break into the lottery's computer system and make his own numbers be the winners?

I used to think the lottery was a scam, sour grapes you could say I had since I have never won anything huge, but then my sister in law's brother won 7 million in Lotto and then $13,500 in Take Five and he has won other jackpots too, but he does not discuss all his winnings, so I have no idea how much more he won. And heyyy I congratulated him on his win, said I wanted to win big and he said I would but it would be when I least expect it, okay I have least expecting it for years now, hmmmmmm.  But seeing him win so much I think it could be leghitimate, but it is just an incredibly difficult thing to win the big jackpots.

Hopefully those computers are in no way connected to any network. In fact I'm sure they are not. So the only way to break in is to be on the inside in the first place. Bad code inside the chip...

This is why strategies based on single draws are never a good idea.

How you do anything is how you do everything.

mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
        Fort Worth, TX
        United States
        Member #106060
        February 11, 2011
        188 Posts
        Posted: November 13, 2011, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

RJOH

I don't understand why using debit or credit cards is a bad thing. If you ask me, we should all be allowed to play online and use whatever payment we choose. What is the big deal? The odds are the same and the payout is the same, it is just a bit more convinient.

How you do anything is how you do everything.