Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Best Ways of Keeping a Low Profile

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 5 years ago by grwurston.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: November 10, 2011, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

Quickly buy as much good farmland as you can afford.  Move there.  Rent your land to farmers for income.

Nobody will be bugging you for money because it's all "tied up" in real estate and you live in the middle of nowhere.   Big Grin

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Inland Empire
    United States
    Member #118116
    October 22, 2011
    317 Posts
    Posted: November 10, 2011, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

That would be La Canada Flitridge, California. I don't think there's even any apartment over there.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10353 Posts
      Posted: November 11, 2011, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

Good stuff so far folks.

What made me think about this was one of the winners on The Lottery Changed My Life, the ex-sherrif who stayed in the same town and said he had millionaires that had made bad real estated deals asking him to bail them out.

That series has shown a lot of people asking winners formoney, but people who are already millionaires, yikes!

I figure no matter where you go you're eventually going to run into nosy people, thus the thread.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
        United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3856 Posts
        Posted: November 11, 2011, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Good stuff so far folks.

What made me think about this was one of the winners on The Lottery Changed My Life, the ex-sherrif who stayed in the same town and said he had millionaires that had made bad real estated deals asking him to bail them out.

That series has shown a lot of people asking winners formoney, but people who are already millionaires, yikes!

I figure no matter where you go you're eventually going to run into nosy people, thus the thread.

the millionaires that are asking the sherrif for $ have their pic. in dictionary,next to the word,GREED.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
          Member #5599
          July 13, 2004
          1185 Posts
          Posted: November 11, 2011, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

I'm holding a low profile. *L*

Silence is golden.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Hide in plain sight.....

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: November 11, 2011, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

"If asked how you can afford a car like that, just smile"

If people are asking a question like that you're probably not even trying to keep a low profile.

As near as I recall, the vast majority of the losers  that turn up on TV have made themselves very obvious. If you don't want to be bothered, don't act like you've got a crapload of money. Buy cars that are good, but not overly expensive. The same goes for a house. I've got a lot of toys, but I still have no use for more than a couple of thousand SF and a good garage. Other than the very slim chance of bumping into somebody you know, people won't know that your 3 week absences include sitting in first class and staying at top notch resorts in Bora Bora.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3104 Posts
              Posted: November 12, 2011, 4:16 am - IP Logged

"If asked how you can afford a car like that, just smile"

If people are asking a question like that you're probably not even trying to keep a low profile.

As near as I recall, the vast majority of the losers  that turn up on TV have made themselves very obvious. If you don't want to be bothered, don't act like you've got a crapload of money. Buy cars that are good, but not overly expensive. The same goes for a house. I've got a lot of toys, but I still have no use for more than a couple of thousand SF and a good garage. Other than the very slim chance of bumping into somebody you know, people won't know that your 3 week absences include sitting in first class and staying at top notch resorts in Bora Bora.

After a steady diet of scrap iron it's hard to resist that first Ferrari, the next car can be that dead dolphin gray Lexus.

BobP

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                British Columbia
                Canada
                Member #116101
                September 4, 2011
                4033 Posts
                Posted: November 12, 2011, 5:55 am - IP Logged

don't wear a t-shirt thats reads ' I won $250M+ playing the Lottery ' Thud

"You have to be in it to win it!"

AuntiePat's avatar - animaniacs10
                  Just outside of Cleveland, OH
                  United States
                  Member #54079
                  August 3, 2007
                  106 Posts
                  Posted: November 12, 2011, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Ever try to sit in a Maserati or Ferrari?  I've ridden in a deLorean Gull wing and peeps, it ain't pretty trying to get out if you're over 30 years of age and more than 15 pounds overweight--LOL 

My next door neighbor has a Cadillac Excalibur and he only owns a beverage shop so as long as you don't go entirely crazy, most people will only assume that you've come into a bit of luck or a relative died.  Brad Duke bought the farmland that some earlier poster suggested and built his own little kingdom--which depending on the amount most people win, is probably the best bet--then remember your friends and family and open your house once a month to play and share what you have--that way, it's not like Bud Post's brother who conspired to kill him--old Bud got the last laugh--he ended up broke and living on Social Security and his brother went to jail.

Just remember what Julia Childs said "Moderation in all things--even in moderation"--so kick up your heels occasinally but generally live where and in a manner in which you can keep a low profile.

At least-that's what I would do.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                    Winning makes me smile.
                    bel air maryland
                    United States
                    Member #90251
                    April 24, 2010
                    4878 Posts
                    Posted: November 12, 2011, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

I remember when I was a kid my uncle had cartoon picture in his basement. It was a fish looking at a hook with a worm on it. The caption was "Even a fish would not get in trouble if he kept his mouth shut".

THAT is how you keep a low profile.  Big Smile

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.