Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Poor Man Does Not Have A Chance??

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 5 years ago by ttech10.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2011, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

>"We're really happy," Singh said. "Christmas is a little early."

What are the odds that Ranjit Singh really believes in Christmas?????  :-)

Good catch mark, I missed that one.

Yeah, I don't think Sikhs are into Christmas too much.

But then you never know, people can change.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

ladaily3's avatar - 9AF clipart0278.jpg
    Los Angeles
    United States
    Member #55415
    September 30, 2007
    979 Posts
    Posted: November 29, 2011, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Good catch mark, I missed that one.

Yeah, I don't think Sikhs are into Christmas too much.

But then you never know, people can change.

Wait how do you know if He's a Sikh? And $100,000 USD will make TONS of people believe in XMas...

Pick3Geni.us

ladaily3's avatar - 9AF clipart0278.jpg
      Los Angeles
      United States
      Member #55415
      September 30, 2007
      979 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2011, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Oh wait Nevermind....lol

Pick3Geni.us

Member #0
        January 1, 2000
        0 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2011, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Believe it or not, there are quite a few people who live in Arab lands and are Christians. Even some Indians (dot kind, but without the dot if they are christians).

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40402 Posts
          Posted: November 30, 2011, 9:46 am - IP Logged

Believe it or not, there are quite a few people who live in Arab lands and are Christians. Even some Indians (dot kind, but without the dot if they are christians).

LOL, Does that make me the feather kind ? I do actually have a feather in my hair, cost 12 bucks at the salon.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: November 30, 2011, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Wait how do you know if He's a Sikh? And $100,000 USD will make TONS of people believe in XMas...

From what I understand or have been told, people named Singh are Sikhs. I could be wrong though, I've never checked into it. I only know for sure that Sikhs are an offshoot of Hinduism.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

surimaribo24's avatar - photo11 zpsfffd70be.jpg
              NEW YORK. RIVERHEAD
              United States
              Member #106371
              February 17, 2011
              9702 Posts
              Posted: November 30, 2011, 11:43 am - IP Logged

From what I understand or have been told, people named Singh are Sikhs. I could be wrong though, I've never checked into it. I only know for sure that Sikhs are an offshoot of Hinduism.

verry well said ridge thats right singh is an indian last name . most likely punjabis (sikhs) 

hope he aint got any relatives with Patels ROFL

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                Texas
                United States
                Member #92330
                June 5, 2010
                887 Posts
                Posted: November 30, 2011, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

The odds of winning a MM Jackpot in Compton or any other poor impoverished neighborhood are probably 100 TRILLION to 1...TRUE FACT!!!

While in Newport Beach, CA i've actually had a few good wins playing there no Jackpot but extremely close...

Just my 2cents.

Since I usually buy my tickets when I'm on my bike rides I've gotten tickets in Venice, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Marina Del Rey, Culver City and once from Ranchos Palos Verdes. The most I've won is probably from Venice when I'm going to small time markets, not the fancy new built places in the richer cities.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                  Mcminnville, Oregon
                  United States
                  Member #3013
                  December 13, 2003
                  3047 Posts
                  Posted: November 30, 2011, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I hope that I have a chance at winning the lottery even though I make about $20,000 a year I do not consider myself poor or rich but would like to know what it is like to have a jackpot under my belt.-weshar75

Member #0
                    January 1, 2000
                    0 Posts
                    Posted: November 30, 2011, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

LOL, Does that make me the feather kind ? I do actually have a feather in my hair, cost 12 bucks at the salon.

it depends, do you mix curry in for breakfast lunch and dinner?

sootie1835's avatar - spherewall
                      New York
                      United States
                      Member #108469
                      March 26, 2011
                      4011 Posts
                      Posted: December 1, 2011, 5:45 am - IP Logged

it depends, do you mix curry in for breakfast lunch and dinner?

What I am trying to figure out is, how is this type of food related to the question "A Poor Man Does Not have a Chance?" I feel this should not be discussed on this thread! 

However, I feel whomever have control of those lottery machines , it can be rigged to where the money goes! These are humans who control the machines. Some poor people in NY win big and many do not. I question the lottery games all the time!

BlessingsBlue Angel

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3854 Posts
                        Posted: December 1, 2011, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Since I usually buy my tickets when I'm on my bike rides I've gotten tickets in Venice, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, Marina Del Rey, Culver City and once from Ranchos Palos Verdes. The most I've won is probably from Venice when I'm going to small time markets, not the fancy new built places in the richer cities.

ttech 10,you are one serious bike rider.

have't rode a bike that far since i was a kid.

unless that bike was a harley,not schwinn.LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Member #0
                          January 1, 2000
                          0 Posts
                          Posted: December 1, 2011, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

What I am trying to figure out is, how is this type of food related to the question "A Poor Man Does Not have a Chance?" I feel this should not be discussed on this thread! 

However, I feel whomever have control of those lottery machines , it can be rigged to where the money goes! These are humans who control the machines. Some poor people in NY win big and many do not. I question the lottery games all the time!

BlessingsBlue Angel

What I am trying to figure out is, how is this type of food related to the question "A Poor Man Does Not have a Chance?"

well, quality curry is very expensive, so if you use curry for breakfast lunch and dinner, you won't have enough money to buy enought tickets to win.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                            Member #32537
                            February 12, 2006
                            698 Posts
                            Posted: December 2, 2011, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

of course we have a chance

my one dollar quick pick purchase just as good as your one dollar purchase in powerball or mega millions

the fact is millions upon millions of us play but there"s really only one jackpot winner the majority of the time.

however you have just as much chance of winning as I do if we spend the same amount say using quick picks

Now as for these people who advocate positive thinking,  wishful thinking, magic thinking to somehow increase your odds winning over everyone else

I have a question for you

How come there's millions of people who believe in that style of thinking

yet there is sure only a few jackpot winners every year?

the amount of jackpot winners didn't magically go up!

I'll tell you why

if what they say is true

that must mean there literally idiots and they don't know much about what they teach

the blind leading the blind

they preach it's possible to increase your odds that way

however since these thousands of people are not winning the lottery

that makes them all hypocritical idiots in my book

you're going to somehow outsmart millions of people via wishful thinking is a absurd idea

however I am welcoming all you people committed to wishful thinking to prove me wrong

by all means do win Powerball or winning mega millions and then do it over and over again at least three times

then you can tell me wishful thinking makes things happen

"look at what I have done , I've done it three times this is not blind luck!"

if you can somehow beat  the odds of winning the lottery such as largest Powerball

then you can say you may have a proven way of beating the odds

These people have absolutely imaginary powers they believe in

I however am more of a science type of person

I need you to be able to demonstrate it over and over and over again like it's a repeatable law

such as gravity , physics etc repeatable experiments can be done on them to prove it.

all of science understanding  is based on its ability to be proven over and over again.

Now I am aware there have been winners. on such shows as, lottery change my life

where some rich black woman said she dreamed she was going to win the some large amount of money

however there is millions just like her

that  have all of the same belief they're going to win via trusting magic thinking

I have yet to met a person with repeated success who won it  two times even three times when it comes to Powerball or making millions jackpot

so I challenge you all To prove my disbelieves wrong

please use the power of magic thinking to win Powerball/mm two to three or four times

by all means put in me in my place

to you can prove that though,  please take your magic thinking and stick it up your asses

disclaimer thro, maybe just maybe someone already has won  Powerball or mega millions 2,3,4 times the using a repeatable law they claim, of magic thinking is increasing the odds of winning over everyone else

however they must be hiding under trusts of different names each time they claim,to not be found out by the majority of humans would start asking questions.

. however I highly doubt that.

if someone was smart enough to outsmart all of you millions of people

I would hide such knowledge as well

why would I give all of humanity such a gigantic advantage

when fully again if there really was a way to use magic thinking to do whatever the hell it is you want in life.

why the hell would anyone actually share this knowledge with all you.

all people who sell crap promoting magic thinking are nothing but snake sales man

No bees, no honey.

Member #0
                              January 1, 2000
                              0 Posts
                              Posted: December 2, 2011, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

of course we have a chance

my one dollar quick pick purchase just as good as your one dollar purchase in powerball or mega millions

the fact is millions upon millions of us play but there"s really only one jackpot winner the majority of the time.

however you have just as much chance of winning as I do if we spend the same amount say using quick picks

Now as for these people who advocate positive thinking,  wishful thinking, magic thinking to somehow increase your odds winning over everyone else

I have a question for you

How come there's millions of people who believe in that style of thinking

yet there is sure only a few jackpot winners every year?

the amount of jackpot winners didn't magically go up!

I'll tell you why

if what they say is true

that must mean there literally idiots and they don't know much about what they teach

the blind leading the blind

they preach it's possible to increase your odds that way

however since these thousands of people are not winning the lottery

that makes them all hypocritical idiots in my book

you're going to somehow outsmart millions of people via wishful thinking is a absurd idea

however I am welcoming all you people committed to wishful thinking to prove me wrong

by all means do win Powerball or winning mega millions and then do it over and over again at least three times

then you can tell me wishful thinking makes things happen

"look at what I have done , I've done it three times this is not blind luck!"

if you can somehow beat  the odds of winning the lottery such as largest Powerball

then you can say you may have a proven way of beating the odds

These people have absolutely imaginary powers they believe in

I however am more of a science type of person

I need you to be able to demonstrate it over and over and over again like it's a repeatable law

such as gravity , physics etc repeatable experiments can be done on them to prove it.

all of science understanding  is based on its ability to be proven over and over again.

Now I am aware there have been winners. on such shows as, lottery change my life

where some rich black woman said she dreamed she was going to win the some large amount of money

however there is millions just like her

that  have all of the same belief they're going to win via trusting magic thinking

I have yet to met a person with repeated success who won it  two times even three times when it comes to Powerball or making millions jackpot

so I challenge you all To prove my disbelieves wrong

please use the power of magic thinking to win Powerball/mm two to three or four times

by all means put in me in my place

to you can prove that though,  please take your magic thinking and stick it up your asses

disclaimer thro, maybe just maybe someone already has won  Powerball or mega millions 2,3,4 times the using a repeatable law they claim, of magic thinking is increasing the odds of winning over everyone else

however they must be hiding under trusts of different names each time they claim,to not be found out by the majority of humans would start asking questions.

. however I highly doubt that.

if someone was smart enough to outsmart all of you millions of people

I would hide such knowledge as well

why would I give all of humanity such a gigantic advantage

when fully again if there really was a way to use magic thinking to do whatever the hell it is you want in life.

why the hell would anyone actually share this knowledge with all you.

all people who sell crap promoting magic thinking are nothing but snake sales man

this is what i believe. I believe that a more positive outlook, even in the worst scenario of life helps the body to be more healthy. I know it's not always easy to do, but that is my belief, but I agree, believing that you will win the jp because of some mumbo jumbo positive thinking bs, then no. the balls have no clue you even exist and no way you will change how they move in the tumbler.

but i do believe that stress will open doors to an unhealthy body opeing doors to all kinds of ailments. the body's individual cells are alive too, so they feel whatever strain mentally that you feel. they release stress hormones that invite free radicals to be more offensive and healthy cells to be nore vulnerable.

I know this works for a fact because there are literally thousands and thousands of recorded cases where people will heal themselves just because they think they received a medicine, when in fact it was only a placebo. that is enough proof for me that the brain is a very powerful machine. we cause most of our own problems. of course genes can play an important part.

maybe if i was 3 or 4 inches away from the tumblers when they did the drawing and concentrate really hard    ha ha , just kidding.