Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Retailers that say "Remember Me"

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 5 years ago by cosmotravis.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Mass
United States
Member #68073
December 12, 2008
217 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2011, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

I don't know,I can not be that bothered by such a comment from a clerk. The way I see it, clerks are your allies.Most of us likely buy our tix from the same stores regularly and being friendly with the clerk can work to an advantage. Example: I generally stop into the same chain c-store every morning to pick up a couple scratch-offs on the way to work. The clerk there sees me coming, takes out his little envelope of winners from the overnight shift and lets me know which books of tickets had winners so I can avoid drawing from a dead book. If I ever find a JP ticket in that store I will be tipping that individual.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
    Pittsburg, Ks
    United States
    Member #3382
    January 17, 2004
    80613 Posts
    Posted: December 17, 2011, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

i mostly buy my tix at the same place,

only thing they say is "good luck"

I don't always buy my tickets att he same place but "good luck" is what they all say to  me also

God Bless America

US Flag

San Diego, CA
      United States
      Member #120384
      December 18, 2011
      15 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2011, 5:39 am - IP Logged

lottery retailers do not remember me as they earn 6% commission on my losses, and plenty markup on my impulse buys.

how about cutting me in on that action?

Phantasm

Stormiela's avatar - 170px 051Dugtrio.png
        Phoenix, AZ
        United States
        Member #120254
        December 14, 2011
        91 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2011, 1:59 am - IP Logged

Interesting... I've never had a clerk say that to me. The most I'll get is a "good luck" and sometimes they will tell me about new sctratchers or recommend ones they like. That's about it. I'd probably just brush it off as a joke.. Unless they said "remember me" with an attitude or something..then I'd be a little ticked. But I go to the same 4 stores here and there and know which employees are bad eggs already and which ones are actually nice.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: December 21, 2011, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

The odds of you ever having to really give anyone a tip if you win the jackpot are the same as those of you actually winning a jackpot so why even give it a thought?  After all, if you ever do win, you'll have more than just the clerk with their hands out.

Call me paranoid, but I think you have to give it a thought.  If you jokingly say sure, you can have half, and then you do win isn't that a verbal contract?  There are plenty of people who'd take you to court on that and try to get a cut, even if you don't win till a year or more later.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3850 Posts
            Posted: December 21, 2011, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Call me paranoid, but I think you have to give it a thought.  If you jokingly say sure, you can have half, and then you do win isn't that a verbal contract?  There are plenty of people who'd take you to court on that and try to get a cut, even if you don't win till a year or more later.

agree 100% and even the paranoid have enemies.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

cosmotravis's avatar - f ssr.jpg

United States
              Member #65357
              September 25, 2008
              96 Posts
              Posted: December 28, 2011, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

give them the tip of my dik  lol