Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I just dont understand!?!?!

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 5 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: February 5, 2012, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

i was drinking when i wrote sensability.

i don't believe he is cheap. I believe Kfloyd is like a robot mind with the least path of resistance or in this case, the most logical pathway for the highest payoff mentality. Logic is good but if logic is eclipsed by the human aspect, then the choice is debatable. having said that, for some reason i choose logic, in general. In some cases human emotion can get in the way of an ideal choice in the long run.. Also, belief systems can get in the way too.

Thanks for your opinion.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: February 13, 2012, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Quite often, I hear or read statements being made like " I wont play the Lottery unless its at least 50 Mill" or " Once it reaches 100 Mill, I'll play".....

I understand the odds are stupid crazy, but 1-2 dollars. Even after a roll, I mean what are you gonna do with a buck or 2? Buy a donut? You dont need a donut.

Im just trying to understand the logic. Here in TX, our Lottery starts at 4 Mill, so probably 2.25 after taxes. I got into it with a buddy who made the remark. Im like "What, is that not enough for you"? lol

What?Dizz,  my Grandmother-- who was instrumental in teaching me to watch and listen to the digits...LOL... she used to say Common Sense isn't so common!!! I believe your logic is on it like a sniper, where this is concern!! Play  On!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: February 15, 2012, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Powerball and Mega Millions both have two drawings a week, we'll call it 104 drawings  a year.

Oh those 104 drawings, 12 to 15 of them a year, for each game, produce jackpot winners.

15 of 104 is 14.42%.

Since only 14.42% of drawings pay a jackpot, why would anyone want to narrow that down so much more by waiting for jackpots of $100M or more?

Sounds like people getting in their own way.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11975 Posts
        Posted: February 15, 2012, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

Quite often, I hear or read statements being made like " I wont play the Lottery unless its at least 50 Mill" or " Once it reaches 100 Mill, I'll play".....

I understand the odds are stupid crazy, but 1-2 dollars. Even after a roll, I mean what are you gonna do with a buck or 2? Buy a donut? You dont need a donut.

Im just trying to understand the logic. Here in TX, our Lottery starts at 4 Mill, so probably 2.25 after taxes. I got into it with a buddy who made the remark. Im like "What, is that not enough for you"? lol

I do understand the smart lottery players.They would rather spend $2 on a powerball ticket with a cash value of $100 millions than spending $2 for a powerball ticket with a $40 millions jackpot and cash value of $25 millions.