Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Whitney Houston has passed

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rhonda69.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
california
United States
Member #23475
October 13, 2005
659 Posts
Posted: February 11, 2012, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

I'm very sad. RIP Whitney, we'll always love you!

I posted this on my blog before seeing this thread. Wrote my thoughts over there.

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

Janet40's avatar - yocco
    Nassau
    Bahamas
    Member #29884
    January 8, 2006
    1099 Posts
    Posted: February 11, 2012, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

OMG Whitney you will be miss R.I.P

tmoneyyy's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      amityville,new york
      United States
      Member #51844
      April 27, 2007
      6517 Posts
      Posted: February 11, 2012, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

RIP ***WHITNEY HOUSTON***

My 2 cents.........

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
        california
        United States
        Member #23475
        October 13, 2005
        659 Posts
        Posted: February 11, 2012, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

I'm very sad. RIP Whitney, we'll always love you!

I posted this on my blog before seeing this thread. Wrote my thoughts over there.

YouTube, "I'm Your Baby Tonight": European Version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H-jLOoz-YY&feature=related

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

ESR54's avatar - Lottery-044.jpg
          BRONX N.Y.10459
          United States
          Member #86575
          February 6, 2010
          1057 Posts
          Posted: February 11, 2012, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

R.I.P.WHITNEY  HOUSTON,  DEAD  AT  48  YOU WILL  BE  MIST.

AND  WE  LOVE  YOU,GOD  BLESS  YOUR FAMILY.

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
            Member #76986
            July 10, 2009
            8034 Posts
            Posted: February 11, 2012, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

So long, Whitney! Blue Angel   You will be deeply missed!

Legendary pop singer Whitney Houston died at a Beverly Hills, California, hotel at age 48, officials said Saturday night. The entertainer, whose incredible talent was discovered at an early age, was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. (6:55 p.m. ET) at the Beverly Hilton despite resuscitation efforts, a police spokesman said.

Whitney Elizabeth Houston(August 9, 1963—February 11, 2012) born in Newark, NJ, was an American singer, actress, producer and a former model. Often referred to as the "Queen of Pop" or simply "the Voice".[3] Houston is the most awarded female act of all time, according to Guinness World Records,[4] and her list of awards include 2 Emmy Awards, 6 Grammy Awards, 30 Billboard Music Awards, 22 American Music Awards, among a total of 415 career awards as of 2010. Houston is also one of the world's best-selling music artists, having sold over 170 million albums and singles worldwide.[5][6]

Inspired by several prominent soul singers in her family, including mother Cissy Houston and cousins Dionne Warwick and the late Dee Dee Warwick, as well as her godmother, Aretha Franklin, Houston began singing with New Jersey church's junior gospel choir at age 11.[7] After she began performing alongside her mother in night clubs in the New York City area, she was discovered by Arista Records label head Clive Davis. As of 2011, Houston has released seven studio albums and three movie soundtrack albums, all of which have diamond, multi-platinum, platinum, or gold certification.

Houston is the only artist to chart seven consecutive No. 1 BillboardHot 100 hits ("Saving All My Love for You", "How Will I Know", "Greatest Love of All", "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)", "Didn't We Almost Have It All", "So Emotional", and "Where Do Broken Hearts Go"). Houston is the second artist behind Elton John and the only female artist to have two number-one Top Billboard 200Album awards (formerly "Top Pop Album") on the Billboardmagazine year-end charts. Houston's 1985 debut album, Whitney Houston, became the best-selling debut album by a female act at the time of its release. The album was also named Rolling Stone's best album of 1986, and was ranked at number 254 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.[8] Her second studio album, Whitney (1987), became the first album by a female artist to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 albums chart.[8] Houston's crossover appeal on the popular music charts as well as her prominence on MTV, starting with her video for "How Will I Know",[9] influenced several African-American female artists to follow in her footsteps.[10][11]

Houston's first acting role was as the star of the feature film The Bodyguard (1992). The movie's original soundtrack won the 1994 Grammy Award for Album of the Year. Its lead single, "I Will Always Love You", became the best-selling single by a female artist in music history. With this album, Houston became the first act (solo or group, male or female) to sell more than a million copies of an album within a single week period.[8] The album also makes her the only female act in the top 10 list of the best-selling albums of all time, at number four. Houston continued to star in movies and contribute to their adjoining soundtracks, including the films Waiting to Exhale (1995) and The Preacher's Wife (1996). The Preacher's Wife soundtrack would go on to become the best-selling gospel album in history.[12] Three years after the release of her fourth studio album, My Love Is Your Love (1998), she renewed her recording contract with Arista Records.[12] She released her fifth studio album, Just Whitney, in 2002, and the Christmas-themed One Wish: The Holiday Album in 2003. Amid widespread media coverage of personal and professional turmoil, Houston ended her 14-year marriage to singer Bobby Brown in 2006. In 2009, Houston released her seventh studio album, I Look to You.

Thanks~ Wikipedia

Houston's body of work includes seven straight Billboard No. 1 hits in the 1980s, including "Saving All My Love for You," "How Will I Know," "Greatest Love of All" and "Where Do Broken Hearts Go."

Billboard put her soundtrack to the movie "The Bodyguard" as one of the top 10 biggest-selling albums of all time. She also starred in the film. The soundtrack included the hit,"I Will Always Love You."

The daughter of singer Cissy Houston, Whitney was born on August 9, 1963, in Newark, New Jersey. Famed music producer Clive Davis reportedly spotted Houston 20 years later in a New York nightclub, signing her on the spot, according to her website. Davis steered Houston's career for more than 25 years, also serving as a mentor.

The singer's rendition of the national anthem at the 1991 Super Bowl, days into the first Persian Gulf War, earned raves and cemented her place in the American musical landscape.

After "The Bodyguard," Houston went on to appear in several more films in the 1990s, including "Waiting to Exhale."

In 2000, Houston earned her sixth Grammy for best female R&B performance and, a month later, she was named female artist of the decade at the "Soul Train" Music Awards.

262  425  102  623  563  487  890 1991 355  655  415  710  711  480 

4501  9750  6398  6236  6176  0930  8963  2112  4800  3550  7100

R.I.P Whitney Houston Blue Angel 

Thanks for your music that will live on forever and bring much joy to our hearts!!!

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #49980
              February 21, 2007
              34130 Posts
              Posted: February 11, 2012, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

RIP. Whitney Houston the Girl had a Voice out of this world she will truley be missed!  I was at the party when I heard the news. Very very sad.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                Member #81314
                October 16, 2009
                18986 Posts
                Posted: February 11, 2012, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

R.I.P Whitney Houston Blue Angel

Beautiful woman.

The Struggle is real!

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
                  Stone Mountain, GA
                  United States
                  Member #3189
                  January 1, 2004
                  28242 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2012, 12:09 am - IP Logged

"The Voice" you will be truly missed.

Word(s)/Phrase: Whitney Elizabeth Houston

Game: Georgia Cash 3

Method 1: 4-1-6
                  Method 2: 6-3-0
                  Method 3: 3-8-8
                  Method 4: 0-2-1
                  Method 5: 0-2-2
                  Method 6: 8-9-7

Method 1: 8-2-3-4
                  Method 2: 9-8-3-2
                  Method 3: 8-4-5-7
                  Method 4: 2-6-7-7
                  Method 5: 6-3-8-9
                  Method 6: 5-1-4-0

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: February 12, 2012, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Rest in Peace Whitney, you'll be missed...

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

ToJo76*'s avatar - lottolion2
                      Middle GA
                      United States
                      Member #42874
                      July 9, 2006
                      3912 Posts
                      Posted: February 12, 2012, 1:59 am - IP Logged

Such sad news. Another legendary icon gone too soon.  RIP Whitney Houston.

Happily embracing my abundance daily! Big Smile

columbus, GA
                        United States
                        Member #67676
                        December 2, 2008
                        2870 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2012, 2:29 am - IP Logged

rip

She was one of a kind. she will be missed. shes gone from this earth, but her spirit lives on.

vjohnson8's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                          fort
                          United States
                          Member #72407
                          March 17, 2009
                          6493 Posts
                          Posted: February 12, 2012, 2:34 am - IP Logged

Whintney ,,  was my girl,, i will still play your song,,sending love and peace to the family  val8    48-048

LET's get paid$$$$ money rollYes Nod

BIRD's avatar - hiro bird.jpg
                            clarkston georgia
                            United States
                            Member #555
                            August 8, 2002
                            3348 Posts
                            Posted: February 12, 2012, 7:54 am - IP Logged

blessings to all I just wanted to share this with the family this morning I had to listen to my favorite whitney song and i listened to it twice and all of a sudden I was just filled with joy and I said to myself go on home girl go on home ,THAT SONG IS i LOVE THE LORD GO ON HOME WHITNEY GO ON HOME

spooky soozy 888

birdshouse.ning.com

join us at birdshouse

bird 4=7

United States
                              Member #868
                              November 19, 2002
                              513 Posts
                              Posted: February 13, 2012, 1:59 am - IP Logged

Hey Bird....I love that song as well....You were loved...where do broken hearts go ..are just a few of my favorite Whitney songs...

May God bless her..she left us a legacy of pure joy!!!