Welcome Guest
You last visited September 25, 2017, 12:41 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is 50 Million Dollars Not Enough??

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 6 years ago by markp1950.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
Member #13130
March 30, 2005
2171 Posts
Posted: February 19, 2012, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

IMO, there weren't that many people playing PB for last night's PB drawing.

I'd be happy to get my bills paid at any  Jackpot.

I bought 1 QP and lost.

So, is 50 million Dollars not enough? Thud

My state has MM and PB, so $2 for 1 ticket vs $2 for 2 tickets when the odds are about the same and the JPs are not so far apart. Wink

I'll stick with MM, until PB gets way more "interesting".

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2797 Posts
    Posted: February 19, 2012, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

My state has MM and PB, so $2 for 1 ticket vs $2 for 2 tickets when the odds are about the same and the JPs are not so far apart. Wink

I'll stick with MM, until PB gets way more "interesting".

+1  Yes Nod

New Jersey
      United States
      Member #123230
      February 16, 2012
      22 Posts
      Posted: February 19, 2012, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

OH no its plenty. I could make that work wonders. def turn that into couple hun million. I would take a pick 3 hit straight at this point...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10533 Posts
        Posted: February 19, 2012, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

One of the smartest posts I've seen on this board was when someone said the ideal time to hit a jackpot is right after someone has won a huge one, let them be the focus.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          6582 Posts
          Posted: February 19, 2012, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

I play all the jackpot games in my state because any one of them would greatly improve my financial situaltion. Even the Texas 2 Step at 200K would get me out of debt. That's worth a buck. As far as PB and MM, I don't care what the jackpot is. It's enough. Okay, PB is $2. There are people ( not  me) that spend $4 on Starbucks coffee EVERYDAY! To each his own. I never understood the philosophy of waiting for the jackpot to reach a certain point. You don't get to win when you want to win. Does that mean if you MIGHT win when the jackpot was only at the starting level you can't be bothered with it? Would anybody turn down that kind of money? Well, the Texas Lotto is at $3,700,000 cash value. That's worth a buck not because the odds are much lower than MM and PB. It's because if I am lucky enough to win that it's goodbye furniture biz, hello retirement.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Orlando, FL
            United States
            Member #115785
            August 28, 2011
            259 Posts
            Posted: February 19, 2012, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: February 19, 2012, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I play all the jackpot games in my state because any one of them would greatly improve my financial situaltion. Even the Texas 2 Step at 200K would get me out of debt. That's worth a buck. As far as PB and MM, I don't care what the jackpot is. It's enough. Okay, PB is $2. There are people ( not  me) that spend $4 on Starbucks coffee EVERYDAY! To each his own. I never understood the philosophy of waiting for the jackpot to reach a certain point. You don't get to win when you want to win. Does that mean if you MIGHT win when the jackpot was only at the starting level you can't be bothered with it? Would anybody turn down that kind of money? Well, the Texas Lotto is at $3,700,000 cash value. That's worth a buck not because the odds are much lower than MM and PB. It's because if I am lucky enough to win that it's goodbye furniture biz, hello retirement.

Roger that.

Indubitably.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: February 19, 2012, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

A very wise playing strategy. I do the same, every game my state has to offer, I'm in!!! As you stated any one of those games could be your ticket to

financial freedom, doesn't have to be the PB OR MM.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3329 Posts
                  Posted: February 20, 2012, 12:03 am - IP Logged

that has been my strategy for years, buy everything and let the gods decide what i win.

recently ive had the humps at my lotto agency, upping odds, changing payout  percents.

and basically ruining some cool  games.

here is an example

http://www.salotteries.com.au/Content.aspx?p=396

adding a prize level where the payout will average $10! i  thought we played <snip> millions?

apparently not, anyhow there was a jackpoting 1st div prize, that regularly went up 1 mill a draw. but its now gone, for a  guaranteed $1M for the 1st 2 winners ea week. no more jackpots!

i complain as i still do the buy every ticket  thing ; but i really want to protest the change. and i figure thats the only way they will notice,  is a drop in sales. not my drop but everyones.

so although i agreee in the buy every draw strategy and usually do, i have to protest soon.

:(AND WHAT CAN I SAY IF THEY FORCE ME to   stop buying tickets,. im a little upset.

D-day for me is the 27th lol, its gonna be hard.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

" Still swinging, still missing "
                  2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596: JAN= -

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318: JAN= -39

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3622 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2012, 3:53 am - IP Logged

Why would I play for 50 million in Powerball when I can play for 60 million in MegaMillions, for half the price.  (Not that I did, b/c I only play for really big JPs... Playing every draw would put me over my budget.)

Exactly why I can't understand why so many people ar ebuying PB tickets right now. You can have the same chance of winning more money for only $1, or ocan have twice as much chance of winning more money for the same $2.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                      East of Columbus, OH
                      United States
                      Member #120843
                      December 28, 2011
                      452 Posts
                      Posted: February 20, 2012, 8:07 am - IP Logged

Is $50 million enough?  Hells yes it is!  I play both the MM and the PB as well as the Classic Lottery.  Any win improves my financial situation.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

dallascowboyfan's avatar - chi
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6341 Posts
                        Posted: February 20, 2012, 10:59 am - IP Logged

Is $50 Million Dollars Not Enough?...........

Yes it is!!!!!!!

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                          TX
                          United States
                          Member #121193
                          January 4, 2012
                          1701 Posts
                          Posted: February 20, 2012, 11:22 am - IP Logged

50 would have been "just ducky",  however, now that its up to 60 million ???......... that just means more sharing Thumbs Up and some more taxes Thumbs Down....I think I can handle it        Hyper

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            4352 Posts
                            Posted: February 20, 2012, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

I didn't play because they doubled the price of a ticket, but the odds only went from 1 in 195 million to 1 in 175 million. Better odds my ass.

Guru101

What's even worse is that the odds for the white ball prizes never changed at

all.  A 5of5 paid a million if you purchased the $2.00 option.  What they did is

force us to pay the extra dollar thinking it would make them even more money.

What they should have done is offer a 2 plays for a buck for half the JP option. 

If more that 1 person hit the 1/2 price JP then they would split the half, if someone

hit the full price JP then that person would get 100% of the JP and the half price

winners would roll down to 1 million.  Maybe someone from mega millions will see

this and suggest the change.

PS. A million taxes paid.

RL

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: February 20, 2012, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Exactly why I can't understand why so many people ar ebuying PB tickets right now. You can have the same chance of winning more money for only $1, or ocan have twice as much chance of winning more money for the same $2.

Because they want a chance at winning PB too.

If you won't part with an extra $2 for a shot at $40 Million, well, I don't know what to tell ya.

All odds aside though, one thing's for sure, if you can't bring yourself to part with that two bucks, you'll have zero chance of winning that $40 Million.

Them's the cold, hard facts.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke