Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is 50 Million Dollars Not Enough??

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 5 years ago by markp1950.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1691 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2012, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Because they want a chance at winning PB too.

If you won't part with an extra $2 for a shot at $40 Million, well, I don't know what to tell ya.

All odds aside though, one thing's for sure, if you can't bring yourself to part with that two bucks, you'll have zero chance of winning that $40 Million.

Them's the cold, hard facts.

Ridge, with 50 million you can't move far enough back in the woods the revenuers won't find your still.

Might as well print up maps and put up billboards that read, "You are here."

50 Million means no hogs, rabbit, squirrel, coon or possum within ten miles surrounding your front door.

Do you really want that?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2012, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Ridge, with 50 million you can't move far enough back in the woods the revenuers won't find your still.

Might as well print up maps and put up billboards that read, "You are here."

50 Million means no hogs, rabbit, squirrel, coon or possum within ten miles surrounding your front door.

Do you really want that?

Heh heh heh, them revenooers cain't find they ass with both hands.

And hellfire, with that kinda money I'd be slammin' store bought Jack. And don't nobody move or a bird fly on this mountain without me knowin' about it nohow.

I'm in the catbird seat.

Dadgum straight.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
      Albuquerque, New Mexico
      United States
      Member #5128
      June 18, 2004
      377 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2012, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Since I am retired...any amount would be fine with me...such as -- $100,000.  Every one's financial situation is different: some people have debt; others, don't.

I am retired, no children, and no husband -- and I rent. So, I would just travel, alone, if necessary because the majority of my friends are still working.

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: February 20, 2012, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Since I am retired...any amount would be fine with me...such as -- $100,000.  Every one's financial situation is different: some people have debt; others, don't.

I am retired, no children, and no husband -- and I rent. So, I would just travel, alone, if necessary because the majority of my friends are still working.

Best of luck to you dphillips, I honestly hope you win.   Thumbs Up

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
          upstate NY
          United States
          Member #108791
          March 31, 2011
          549 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2012, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

Is $50M enough?  Of course it is!  Same for the $12 million MM minimum.  Heck, I'd be happy with the $3M NY Lotto minimum, the $1M jackpot from Sweet Million, or the top prize from NY's Take 5 (usually between $60K and $90K, though I'd be disappointed if I had to share it).

Granted, the larger amounts make it easier to retire and live off your winnings, but I'd be happy to just pay off my debts and have a nice chunk of change left over to put in the bank.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: February 20, 2012, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I sit here marking out my picks for a $130k jackpot; because  it didnt go off last week, and contemplate the 1 in 2.2 mill odds, the 55c purchase price per line. i think is it really worth my $2 entry fee...?

hmm that depends on if i win or not.

anyhow i  ended up playing 8 lines for $4.30c lol and a $130k jackpot. call me insane. but my vote goes for any Chance is better than no chance.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
              Republic of Texas
              United States
              Member #57557
              January 9, 2008
              1095 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2012, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

Yep, $50m is enough. I played PB Saturday, last Wednesday, and I've got tickets for this Wednesday. (Got my MMs too) I even play the state lotteries like Lotto and the 2-Step. The smaller jackpots are enough to secure my retirement. The larger ones can help my kids relocate here to Texas with me, and help my sisters secure their retirements. 

Life is good like it is, lottery jackpot only makes it easier and better.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Milwaukee, WI
                United States
                Member #3131
                December 27, 2003
                665 Posts
                Posted: February 21, 2012, 12:46 am - IP Logged

Things got kind of screwed up lately, so I'm in near poverty level money right now.

But I'm doing pretty well.

So any win where I could be  flippin in the market again would be great.

One half says that a super big win would only make me a target.

The other half says what I could do for other people. I have a passion for energy efficiency and I think that it would be super cool to work with somthing like Habitat and build 100 net zero homes.

Oh in case I do win, I've found my bug out location.  (I would  build another place here)

http://montanarealestate4sale.com/Lot91.htm

20 acres, 16 miles up a dirt road, 10 miles from power. Up high in the Montana Mountains.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                  Member #52345
                  May 21, 2007
                  2659 Posts
                  Posted: February 21, 2012, 6:37 am - IP Logged

Things got kind of screwed up lately, so I'm in near poverty level money right now.

The other half says what I could do for other people. I have a passion for energy efficiency and I think that it would be super cool to work with somthing like Habitat and build 100 net zero homes.

Oh in case I do win, I've found my bug out location.  (I would  build another place here)

20 acres, 16 miles up a dirt road, 10 miles from power. Up high in the Montana Mountains.

LOL @ you ........

Sounds like a fun dream thar MarkP ........

and I hope one day one of us here @ the LP will be able to live thars Yes Nod 

but time will spin a most curious yarn in a wee bit over 14 hrs and 20 mins from this soon to be posting

Best of luck to all of us Playing tonight Cheers

Milwaukee, WI
                    United States
                    Member #3131
                    December 27, 2003
                    665 Posts
                    Posted: February 21, 2012, 11:33 am - IP Logged

The real dream is a bit closer to some town.

The Montana place would be only if necessary.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                      TX
                      United States
                      Member #121193
                      January 4, 2012
                      1637 Posts
                      Posted: February 21, 2012, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Markp...nice spot you found...Probably need to add another 50-80 acres without the leased land for my "bug out" tastes.......do some fishing for brook trout, hunting, panning alittle gold, findin' a sasquatch.....you know, just enjoyin' life   Big Smile

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Milwaukee, WI
                        United States
                        Member #3131
                        December 27, 2003
                        665 Posts
                        Posted: February 21, 2012, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Markp...nice spot you found...Probably need to add another 50-80 acres without the leased land for my "bug out" tastes.......do some fishing for brook trout, hunting, panning alittle gold, findin' a sasquatch.....you know, just enjoyin' life   Big Smile

Yep, more land would be nicer, but its remoteness makes up for it.   Once winter hits you are locked in. So you would really have to be prepared.

And no contact if there is a medical emergency.