Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 5:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how long does it take for state lottery and multi state checks to clear bank

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 5 years ago by maximumfun.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
cornwall,ct
United States
Member #102636
December 23, 2010
245 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2012, 11:14 am - IP Logged

I was watching the lottery changed my life and heard a couple of winners say for ex: they cashed the check on Thursday and bought a car on Friday.one guy even went to a car dealer and purchased a car with just a copy of the ticket,because the funds hadn't hit his account yet. I don't know of any dealerships that give you on a car on promise to pay once your check clears.

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8394 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2012, 11:33 am - IP Logged

I was watching the lottery changed my life and heard a couple of winners say for ex: they cashed the check on Thursday and bought a car on Friday.one guy even went to a car dealer and purchased a car with just a copy of the ticket,because the funds hadn't hit his account yet. I don't know of any dealerships that give you on a car on promise to pay once your check clears.

That dealership got a lot of free publicity from that when the news broadcasts stations televised the whole deal.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
      upstate NY
      United States
      Member #108791
      March 31, 2011
      549 Posts
      Posted: March 19, 2012, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I would think with the Lottery, such a check would be good the minute the check was deposited.  What with the internet and all, banks today can access accounts instantly.  There is no reason to hold a check drawn on a state's lotto account or such similiar bonifide account.  If your bank insists on a 5 to 7 day waiting period, you need to consider using another bank.

Now a check drawn on a personal account is a horse of a different color by another father.

How does the bank know it's a genuine lottery check and not a forgery?  The waiting period sounds reasonable given the amount of money involved.

Patriot

ESR54's avatar - Lottery-044.jpg
        BRONX N.Y.10459
        United States
        Member #86575
        February 6, 2010
        1069 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2012, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

The dealer said  once you work  you should  drive. Just have a job and $59.00 and you drive a car.

So who would'nt  if  they see winning tickets  or copy?As long as they have proff.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3857 Posts
          Posted: March 19, 2012, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

i doubt the dealer registered the car to them,may have just let them sign the paperwork and take the car w/ the demonstrater license on it.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
            Lavender Rocket

United States
            Member #124616
            March 16, 2012
            2642 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2012, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

I was wondering how long does it take after you deposit a state lottery and or a multi state lottery check to clear the bank(when will the funds be available) ex: if you cash ticket and deposit check on Thursday will the money be in your account on Friday?

2 minutes 43 seconds.