Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

68 players didn't match all 6 numbers in the drawing tonight.

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 5 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #93503
July 1, 2010
453 Posts
Posted: March 21, 2012, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Bet lots of luck birthday players but we get another shot at $290M on friday!

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: March 21, 2012, 1:43 am - IP Logged

Bet lots of luck birthday players but we get another shot at $290M on friday!

By Friday evening, I wouldn't be surprised if that number climbs to $300M. Hippy

Delaware
      United States
      Member #93503
      July 1, 2010
      453 Posts
      Posted: March 21, 2012, 1:45 am - IP Logged

Agreed I'll bet it'll grow but the crazy thing is the cash amount.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
        Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: March 21, 2012, 1:55 am - IP Logged

68 players.  I am still in shock.  and 21 of them from Cali... their 5-0 payout isnt a pretty number either.

Delaware
          United States
          Member #93503
          July 1, 2010
          453 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2012, 1:58 am - IP Logged

68 players.  I am still in shock.  and 21 of them from Cali... their 5-0 payout isnt a pretty number either.

Yeah instead of $250,000 each are only getting $56,000 sucks but i'll take $56,000 any day!

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2012, 2:52 am - IP Logged

Yeah instead of $250,000 each are only getting $56,000 sucks but i'll take $56,000 any day!

That comes out to like $12,926,000, a lot of dough for just second tier prizes! Wonder what the cap is.   What?

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
              Texas
              United States
              Member #92330
              June 5, 2010
              887 Posts
              Posted: March 21, 2012, 5:10 am - IP Logged

It just clicked how crazy that is... is that a new record for how many people won the 2nd tier prize? I for sure thought I'd be looking on here at results and see a winner from somewhere in the northeast.

Delaware
                United States
                Member #93503
                July 1, 2010
                453 Posts
                Posted: March 21, 2012, 6:48 am - IP Logged

It just clicked how crazy that is... is that a new record for how many people won the 2nd tier prize? I for sure thought I'd be looking on here at results and see a winner from somewhere in the northeast.

I honestly thought the same when I saw the numbers. I was like YUP someone won. but nope!

Morrison, IL
                  United States
                  Member #4657
                  May 13, 2004
                  1884 Posts
                  Posted: March 21, 2012, 7:55 am - IP Logged

That comes out to like $12,926,000, a lot of dough for just second tier prizes! Wonder what the cap is.   What?

QUOTE FROM THE CT LOTTERY WEBSITE:

If the total prize liability for MEGA MILLIONS Lotteries and the MM Product Group selling the MEGA MILLIONS game
                  (exclusive of the JACKPOT prize carry-in) exceeds three hundred percent (300%) of draw sales, including current draw
                  jackpot sales but excluding California's sales and prizes, or fifty percent (50%) of draw sales plus $50,000,000, whichever
                  is less, (both hereinafter referred to as the "Prize Liability Cap"), the second through fifth set prizes ($250,000, $10,000,
                  $150 and $150 prize levels) shall be paid on a pari-mutuel basis in accordance with the formula set forth below, provided,
                  however, that in no event shall the pari-mutuel prize be greater than the official Advertised  JACKPOT prize.  The amount to
                  be used for the allocation of such pari-mutuel prizes (Prize Level #2 through Prize Level #5) shall be the Liability Cap less
                  the prize amounts paid for the JACKPOT prize and Prize Level #6 through Prize Level #9 ($10, $7, $3 and $2 prize levels).
                  To fund their portion of the Liability Cap, MEGA MILLIONS Lotteries and the MM Product Group may utilize either (a) the
                  amount allocated to the set prizes and carried forward from previous draws, if any; or, (b) an amount from the reserve
                  accounts, if available, not to exceed the lesser of 300% of draw sales or 50% of draw sales plus $50,000,000.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Total sales were $78,423,325 for last night's draw, so the prize liability cap for last night's draw was ~$89.7 million, which was well above the total cash prize payouts plus whatever amount the cash jackpot increased by (I think it was around $30 million, giving a "total prize payout" of around $54 million for all states except California).

---

mrsinful's avatar - gambling problem.jpg
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #66774
                    November 5, 2008
                    319 Posts
                    Posted: March 21, 2012, 8:00 am - IP Logged

The reason so many people hit the 5 + 0 prize

is so many people play birthdays and anniversaries.

All of the 5 white balls were low so that bodes well

for those players. It is rare to see all the white balls

less than 31 or for that matter less than 20 is even crazier.

I hope someone from LP hits it on Friday. WE deserve it it WE

are hardcore. Best of luck to everyone today and Friday.

Rehab is for quitters.

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: March 21, 2012, 8:48 am - IP Logged

QUOTE FROM THE CT LOTTERY WEBSITE:

If the total prize liability for MEGA MILLIONS Lotteries and the MM Product Group selling the MEGA MILLIONS game
                      (exclusive of the JACKPOT prize carry-in) exceeds three hundred percent (300%) of draw sales, including current draw
                      jackpot sales but excluding California's sales and prizes, or fifty percent (50%) of draw sales plus $50,000,000, whichever
                      is less, (both hereinafter referred to as the "Prize Liability Cap"), the second through fifth set prizes ($250,000, $10,000,
                      $150 and $150 prize levels) shall be paid on a pari-mutuel basis in accordance with the formula set forth below, provided,
                      however, that in no event shall the pari-mutuel prize be greater than the official Advertised  JACKPOT prize.  The amount to
                      be used for the allocation of such pari-mutuel prizes (Prize Level #2 through Prize Level #5) shall be the Liability Cap less
                      the prize amounts paid for the JACKPOT prize and Prize Level #6 through Prize Level #9 ($10, $7, $3 and $2 prize levels).
                      To fund their portion of the Liability Cap, MEGA MILLIONS Lotteries and the MM Product Group may utilize either (a) the
                      amount allocated to the set prizes and carried forward from previous draws, if any; or, (b) an amount from the reserve
                      accounts, if available, not to exceed the lesser of 300% of draw sales or 50% of draw sales plus $50,000,000.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Total sales were $78,423,325 for last night's draw, so the prize liability cap for last night's draw was ~$89.7 million, which was well above the total cash prize payouts plus whatever amount the cash jackpot increased by (I think it was around $30 million, giving a "total prize payout" of around $54 million for all states except California).

I just knew a hotshot LP'er would come back with a wealth of info to keep us well informed! Thanks ryanm.   Yes Nod

Albany, NY
                        United States
                        Member #124164
                        March 8, 2012
                        42 Posts
                        Posted: March 21, 2012, 8:49 am - IP Logged

I really thought someone was going to win it when I saw the numbers. So many birthday/anniversary numbers in that range.

This draw was a close one for me.  I didnt match much, (3+0), but the numbers, ugh, the numbers.  I play birthday anniersary numbers on two seperate tickets. 

The ticket I won on had these numbers 2-4-6-12-14  MB-31. 

I always felt that ticket never had a big chance, due to being all even and so low, but that draw shows sometimes those birthday numbers can pay off.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                          Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6290 Posts
                          Posted: March 21, 2012, 10:12 am - IP Logged

By Friday evening, I wouldn't be surprised if that number climbs to $300M. Hippy

that would be nice mcginnin56......Thumbs Up

Left Coast
                            United States
                            Member #122298
                            January 28, 2012
                            125 Posts
                            Posted: March 21, 2012, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

The reason so many people hit the 5 + 0 prize

is so many people play birthdays and anniversaries.

All of the 5 white balls were low so that bodes well

for those players. It is rare to see all the white balls

less than 31 or for that matter less than 20 is even crazier.

I hope someone from LP hits it on Friday. WE deserve it it WE

are hardcore. Best of luck to everyone today and Friday.

And yet on the few occasions I can remember my QP's having five numbers between 1 and 15, I walked away thinking "yeah... Like that'll ever happen..."

Let's go 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5!!

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7318 Posts
                              Posted: March 21, 2012, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

I really thought someone was going to win it when I saw the numbers. So many birthday/anniversary numbers in that range.

This draw was a close one for me.  I didnt match much, (3+0), but the numbers, ugh, the numbers.  I play birthday anniersary numbers on two seperate tickets. 

The ticket I won on had these numbers 2-4-6-12-14  MB-31. 

I always felt that ticket never had a big chance, due to being all even and so low, but that draw shows sometimes those birthday numbers can pay off.

"I really thought someone was going to win it when I saw the numbers. So many birthday/anniversary numbers in that range."

One of these days, PB will have $241 million jackpot if the drawn numbers are in the same range there could be over 50 brand new millionaires.