$290 MILLION: Mega Millions lottery jackpot rolls again

Mar 21, 2012, 6:07 am (256 comments)

Mega Millions

Biggest Mega Millions jackpot in a year

68 tickets just missed winning the jackpot

By Todd Northrop

This is the time when both lottery regulars and casual players jump in with both feet.

The Mega Millions lottery jackpot has entered into the top 25 jackpots of all time, now sitting at number 17.  It is the kind of top prize that makes people do a double-take at the cash register and throw down some extra bucks for a shot at glory. 

And not only is the annuity jackpot nearing the top of the charts, but the cash value is blowing the lid off at a whopping $205.5 million.

This is the largest Mega Millions jackpot since March 25, 2011, when seven state workers from Albany, New York, won a $319 million Mega Millions jackpot (see $319M lottery winners revealed, Lottery Post, March 31, 2011).

But this time the lump-sum cash value is almost $3 million higher than the $202.9 million won a year ago by the seven co-workers from Albany.

The mammoth prize to be offered Friday is the result of 16 draws without a winner. The run-up started as a $12 million prize on Jan. 27.

The winning numbers for Tuesday, March 20, 2012 were 1, 4, 6, 11, and 14, with Mega Ball number 30. The Megaplier number was 4.

Even though nobody won the jackpot Tuesday, an astonishing 68 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $250,000 prize: 21 from California, 1 from Idaho, 1 from Illinois, 2 from Indiana, 3 from Kentucky, 1 from Maryland, 3 from Massachusetts, 9 from Michigan, 2 from Missouri, 5 from New Jersey, 8 from New York, 2 from Ohio, 2 from Pennsylvania, 1 from South Carolina, 1 from Tennessee, 4 from Texas, 1 from Vermont, and 1 from Wisconsin.

The 21 California winners will each be awarded prizes of $56,382, because California awards all prizes in a pari-mutuel formula, which calculates the prize amount based on the number of tickets sold and the number of winners in each prize category. Even though the total prize pool for the second prize was $1,184,022, the fact that there were an unprecedented 21 winners made each winner's cut less than normal.

The unusual number of second prize winners is likely due to the fact that all of the first five numbers were less than 31 — "birthday numbers", in lottery lingo.  Since one of the most popular ways to play the lottery is to pick numbers based on birthdays of family members, lottery drawings containing all low numbers normally produce many winners.

The amazing thing is that none of those 68 tickets matching the first five numbers matched Mega Ball number 30 — it too being a birthday number.

The winning numbers for Friday's Mega Millions lottery drawing will be published at USA Mega (www.usamega.com) right after the drawing takes place at 11:00 PM Eastern Time.

USA Mega is one of the few lottery Web sites with a robust technology backbone that keeps it running strong, even when massive player traffic melts down other state lottery Web sites.

The site provides lottery players in-depth information about the United States's two biggest multi-state lottery games, Mega Millions and Powerball.

Lottery players who want to see the Friday's Mega Millions after-tax jackpot amount for both the annuity and cash value can visit USA Mega's Jackpot Analysis page, which calculates the tax withholdings for every state that offers Mega Millions.

USA Mega is the originator of the Jackpot Analysis feature.

Top 25 United States lottery jackpots of all time

Friday's Mega Millions jackpot currently stands as the 17th-largest lottery jackpot of all time in the United States.  That position may rise before the drawing Friday night, as lotteries are typically conservative in their initial estimates, and brisk sales may push the jackpot estimate higher by draw time.

If nobody wins Friday, it's anyone's guess how high it will go.

1. Mega Millions: $390 million, Mar. 6, 2007 - Georgia, New Jersey
  2. Mega Millions: $380 million, Jan. 4, 2011 - Idaho, Washington
  3. Powerball: $365 million, Feb. 18, 2006 - Nebraska
  4. The Big Game: $363 million, May 9, 2000 - Illinois, Michigan
  5. Powerball: $340 million, Oct. 19, 2005 - Oregon
  6. Powerball: $336.4 million, Feb. 11, 2012 - Rhode Island
  7. Mega Millions: $336 million, Aug. 28, 2009 - California, New York
  8. The Big Game: $331 million, Apr. 16, 2002 - Georgia, Illinois, New Jersey
  9. Mega Millions: $330 million, Aug. 31, 2007 - Maryland, New Jersey, Texas, Virginia
  10. Mega Millions: $319 million, Mar. 25, 2011 - New York
  11. Mega Millions: $315 million, Nov. 15, 2005 - California
  12. Powerball: $314.9 million, Dec. 26, 2002 - West Virgina
  13. Powerball: $314.3 million, Aug. 25, 2007 - Indiana
  14. Powerball: $295.7 million, Jul. 29, 1998 - Indiana
  15. Powerball: $295 million, Aug. 25, 2001 - Delaware, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Hampshire
  16. Mega Millions: $294 million, Jul. 2, 2004 - Massachusetts
  17. Mega Millions: $290 million, Mar. 23, 2012 (preliminary estimate, not won yet)
  18. Powerball: $276.3 million, Mar. 15, 2008 - West Virgina
  19. Mega Millions: $275 million, Feb. 22, 2008 - Georgia
  20. Mega Millions: $270 million, Feb. 28, 2006 - Ohio
  21. Mega Millions: $266 million, May 4, 2010 - California
  22. Mega Millions: $265 million, Apr. 18, 2006 - Ohio
  23. Powerball: $261.6 million, Jun. 2, 2010 - Ohio
  24. Powerball: $261.3 million, Jul. 9, 2003 - Missouri, Pennsylvania
  25. Powerball: $259.9 million, Aug. 19, 2009 - South Carolina

For those keeping score, the number of jackpots in the top 25, by lottery game, are:

• Mega Millions: 12
  • Powerball: 11
  • The Big Game: 2

The Big Game is the original name of Mega Millions, from the game's first drawing on Sep. 6, 1996 through May 14, 2002.  The name was changed to Mega Millions starting with the May 17, 2002 drawing.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

s5thomps's avatars5thomps

Wow....68 winners! Why does California always have the most 5/6 winners! I am sure the population in New York is larger than California. Congrats to all of the 5/6 winners. Too bad California is pari-mutual. $56,000 compared to $250,000 for states other than California....still not bad for a $1.00 investment.

C0w Pi3

Quote: Originally posted by s5thomps on Mar 21, 2012

Wow....68 winners! Why does California always have the most 5/6 winners! I am sure the population in New York is larger than California. Congrats to all of the 5/6 winners. Too bad California is pari-mutual. $56,000 compared to $250,000 for states other than California....still not bad for a $1.00 investment.

Because, they don't have the powerball and that's there big game? Either way I wish everyone here at Lottery Post the best of luck Friday!

Piaceri

I thought for sure someone won that last night! Wow! I'd like to see it roll one more time! Rock n roll MM!

White BouncePartyDanceBananaHyper

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Mar 21, 2012

I thought for sure someone won that last night! Wow! I'd like to see it roll one more time! Rock n roll MM!

White BouncePartyDanceBananaHyper

lol @ Piaceri .......

I haven't even checked my tickets yet ........ but from some of this morning's comments ........

I wouldn't be suprise to see it break 300 by friday

Uff Da!'s avatarUff Da!

$205.5 million cash!  Now that is getting downright exciting!

mcginnin56

All low numbers last night. What about this Friday, all high numbers. What?  Eek That's the $290 Million dollar question.   

We need to cool ourselves off,   Dunk   re-think, re-strategize and get back in the game    Boxing     to bring down this giant!   Thud

NightStalker's avatarNightStalker

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Mar 21, 2012

All low numbers last night. What about this Friday, all high numbers. What?  Eek That's the $290 Million dollar question.   

We need to cool ourselves off,   Dunk   re-think, re-strategize and get back in the game    Boxing     to bring down this giant!   Thud

All low numbers last night. What about this Friday, all high numbers.

I was wondering that same thing.  I had 2 numbers on one line and the MB on another on my $5 qp.

It makes your head spin thinking about that enormous JP!

Dance

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

$290 million that's what i'm talking about.....Thumbs Up

Congrats to the 68  winners.............Hurray!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by NightStalker on Mar 21, 2012

All low numbers last night. What about this Friday, all high numbers.

I was wondering that same thing.  I had 2 numbers on one line and the MB on another on my $5 qp.

It makes your head spin thinking about that enormous JP!

Dance

My head spun so much it flew away like a Frisbee, I'm still looking for it this morning. Problem is my eyes are still attached to my head, so I'm

having to use a blind man's cane to track it down. Worth it though, $290 Million will get my head to stop from spinning once it's direct deposited

into several of my new bank accounts.   Yes Nod      Banana

alexnt55

The list shows this is number 17 on the list of biggest all time winners. The cash option is almost $206 million. I think this makes it the 6th biggest prize ever for the cash option.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

California has had the largest population for a long time !

California: 37,253,956

Texas: 25,145,561

New York: 19,378,102

And now the $133,575,000 after 35% Federal Taxes goes to Pennsylvania's first big Mega Millions winner!

Cheers

RedStang's avatarRedStang

I'm more impressed with the 68 winners, then the jackpot. Thats a 17mill payback. I think someone was right about the birthday numbers. I see one of those was sold thirty mins from me. Who is the lucky dog.

s5thomps's avatars5thomps

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Mar 21, 2012

And now the $133,575,000 after 35% Federal Taxes goes to Pennsylvania's first big Mega Millions winner!

Cheers

Thanks for the info Dploy 1! Good luck on Friday!

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Thanks for the info Dploy 1! Good luck on Friday!

You are very welcome!

Thank you for the "Good luck" wishes and good luck to you also!  Lep

1 big winner of the Green on Friday!  See Ya!

WesternRedDoug

Cheers

Thanks for the stats... I think I may use them to create a few lines for Friday!

maximumfun's avatarmaximumfun

This is an amazing amount of money that is up for 'winning'.  It's unbelievable that the j/p wasn't won last night, especially with **68** tickets sold 1 number off.  That has to be close to some record in itself! 

Good luck to everyone as the 'frenzy' really starts now.

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

I am leaning towards the  next winner being from  FL for some strange reason  LOL

rad242

Quote: Originally posted by CDanaT on Mar 21, 2012

I am leaning towards the  next winner being from  FL for some strange reason  LOL

Thanks for clearing that up for the DISILLUSIONED

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by rad242 on Mar 21, 2012

Thanks for clearing that up for the DISILLUSIONED

Hope you Floridian LP'ers get your wish!   Sun Smiley

Quote: Originally posted by WesternRedDoug on Mar 21, 2012

Thanks for the stats... I think I may use them to create a few lines for Friday!

good idea WesternRedDoug.....Thumbs Up

I have heard of stranger things happening CDanaT.... now is the time to take a road trip....Wink

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

The good luck is moving from Mt. Pleasant (HGTV Dream Home Winner) to "Scottdale", for the first big Mega Millions Jackpot since Pennsylvania joined! And then I can purchase my "Dream Home" in Mt. Pleasant!

Party

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

after finally checking my tickets ....am beginning to believe the lotto is rigged ..........

I've never been so skunked in my lifeThud

Cheers well heres to it breaking the 300 mark by friday's drawing

rad242

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Mar 21, 2012

after finally checking my tickets ....am beginning to believe the lotto is rigged ..........

What did these magic tickets reveal?

VenomV12

I could not believe that when I saw that this morning, 68 second place winners. I have never seen anything like that. I think 12 was the most I had ever seen before that I can recall. I think it is amazing that there were 68 second place winners and still no one won the top prize.

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

I know I was at the wrong end of the spectrum with my tickets.......most of my numbers were above 15...NOT ALL BELOW IT !!!! Thud

ohfive's avatarohfive

All I can say is that I already purchased my tickets for Friday! I have a gut feeling that if I don't win its going to rollover once more.

mcginnin56

I was "skunked" also. 10 lines only one number hit.    Crying

It's alright 300 has a better ring to it.   Lep

alexnt55

Quote: Originally posted by maximumfun on Mar 21, 2012

This is an amazing amount of money that is up for 'winning'.  It's unbelievable that the j/p wasn't won last night, especially with **68** tickets sold 1 number off.  That has to be close to some record in itself! 

Good luck to everyone as the 'frenzy' really starts now.

The Jan 4 2011 drawing which had a $380 million jackpot had 67 tickets with the first 5 number so id say this broke the record by 1

LottoGuyBC's avatarLottoGuyBC

Happy Birthday Numbers Cheers

$290M+ White Bounce

Anyone notice the last powerball draw. It also had  11,14  pb: 30. I think someone is playing games.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Cheers

I believe there's a mass migration taking place from New York to California right now.

It's composed of those rebels who refuse to obey the government mandate and insist on putting salt on their food.

Reports confirm however, that the rebels have found neither an easy life nor safe haven from the Food Police in California either.

It appears Governor Moonbeam has just signed an Executive Order mandating that all pizza in California must henceforth be made with toppings consisting only of fully sprouted alfalfa, wheat germ, non-fat sugar-free plain Greek Yogurt and Gingko Biloba.

He is asking for the cooperation of anyone seeing someone eating pizza with unapproved toppings to immediately call the DNC.

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

When I opened up the email of the winning numbers I received last night, I just knew for certain the jackpot this Friday was going to be a mere $12 million.  I am happy my numbers have another chance at hitting a monumental jackpot!

I promise LP land I won't disappoint in claiming it the right way.  And there won't be any disputes since I participate in ZERO lottery pools.

Kumo's avatarKumo

Cheers

Texas has moved up into 2nd place starting with the 2000 Census. It looks like we are growing faster than California.

Guess we really are trying to prove "Everything is bigger in Texas." LOL

Predicting two jackpot winners this Friday, one on the Gulf Coast and one in the Great Plains.

TheRightPrice

Green laugh

tryintohit's avatartryintohit

Out of the 9 tickets that Michigan had 5 tickets were sold at the same Store!! The next jackpot I am going to win. I claim it!!!!!!!!!!!Party

LottoBoner

Interesting theory about this friday. 

Dont forget this "low" drawing...really played of LAST fridays "high" drawing...

i would doubt another extreme on the high end so fast, although i have not done the data crunching.

Regarding the "low" draw...if you look at a Drawing Since Hit chart, 1 and 4 were really no brainers.

I played 12 as an exhausted number, and should have known by the "one off" phenomenon, that i should play 11.

The PB correlation could have been applied to get three more potential winning numbers.

Any way i would expect more of a balanced result this friday. 

I have to go get some extra butter for this friday!!ROFL

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by tryintohit on Mar 21, 2012

Out of the 9 tickets that Michigan had 5 tickets were sold at the same Store!! The next jackpot I am going to win. I claim it!!!!!!!!!!!Party

I wonder if this is a repeat of what happened in PowerBall a few weeks ago in West Virgina when those fellows brought seven 5+0 winners using family birthdays.

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Since there hasn't been a winner from FLORIDA in almost 5 years and only 1 winner from there so far(Dan Franks)....I am volunteering my recent purchase to be the sole/shared winning ticket(s) and become the 2nd MM jackpot recipient from FL......May the MM powers to be assist me in this lil endeavor !  Thumbs Up

rad242

Since there hasn't been a winner from FLORIDA in almost 5 years and only 1 winner from there so far(Dan Franks)....I am volunteering my recent purchase to be the sole/shared winning ticket(s) and become the 2nd MM jackpot recipient from FL......May the MM powers to be assist me in this lil endeavor !  Thumbs Up

I was with you on the FLORIDA win right up to you drinking that bad kool aide which led to your delusion that it would be YOU - lol!

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

I was with you on the FLORIDA win right up to you drinking that bad kool aide which led to your delusion that it would be YOU - lol!

Well Rad..my good friend, I have only one thing to say about that.....Puke........HA !!!!!

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Mar 21, 2012

I wonder if this is a repeat of what happened in PowerBall a few weeks ago in West Virgina when those fellows brought seven 5+0 winners using family birthdays.

I love it when people play birthday numbers and win a good sized chunk of change.I can just see the look of disapointment in the eyes of all those so-called experts that used wheels and other gadgets to predict the their losing numbers.It just proves one thing:You have to have lady luck sitting on your shoulder to win!Congratulations to ALL of the second place winners in last nights drawing!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by LottoBoner on Mar 21, 2012

Interesting theory about this friday. 

Dont forget this "low" drawing...really played of LAST fridays "high" drawing...

i would doubt another extreme on the high end so fast, although i have not done the data crunching.

Regarding the "low" draw...if you look at a Drawing Since Hit chart, 1 and 4 were really no brainers.

I played 12 as an exhausted number, and should have known by the "one off" phenomenon, that i should play 11.

The PB correlation could have been applied to get three more potential winning numbers.

Any way i would expect more of a balanced result this friday. 

I have to go get some extra butter for this friday!!ROFL

Let it ride. Could be balanced/high/low or who knows? Over analyzing is perhaps one of the worst predictors of numbers. 

I say "Anything Goes".

rad242

Let it ride. Could be balanced/high/low or who knows? Over analyzing is perhaps one of the worst predictors of numbers. 

I say "Anything Goes".

My 6 psyhcics got this one. They assure me it will be six numbers!

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

What's amazing is that all the 68 winners hit for second prize and non of them included the megaplier. It would be a lottery nightmare if the 68 people had included the megaplier.

Anyways, like I said last week, Rhode Island hit for the big one last month. A month before that was the Connecticut hedge fund managers. Now the jackpot is gettin hit right here in good old Taxachusetts.

Connecticut >> Rhode Island >> Massachusetts Cool

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

I saw the plan made up by the people that rig these things!

Pennsylvania will win on Friday because a big Mega Millions Win in the town next to where the HGTV Dream Home winner is located will be great "Press!"    Bat

I hope that I am not the only person that gets the joke  Stooges

Kumo's avatarKumo

jones69 wrote: "The eurojackpot odds to win jackpot are considerably better than in USA games, the winnings are tax free, there is quaranteed anonomity for the winner too."

I like how you folks over there in the EU and in Canada run your lotteries. Some of our states over here have an additional tax (New Jersey at 10.8% for example) in addition to the 35% Federal rate. Pretty sad considering most of those taxes, both Federal and State, are spent within minutes after Uncle Sam gets them.

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

Quote: Originally posted by Kumo on Mar 21, 2012

jones69 wrote: "The eurojackpot odds to win jackpot are considerably better than in USA games, the winnings are tax free, there is quaranteed anonomity for the winner too."

I like how you folks over there in the EU and in Canada run your lotteries. Some of our states over here have an additional tax (New Jersey at 10.8% for example) in addition to the 35% Federal rate. Pretty sad considering most of those taxes, both Federal and State, are spent within minutes after Uncle Sam gets them.

jersey is a good example, Kumo, @ 10.8% we have the highest state lottery tax.

and them bums passed the law in the middle of the night,and the newspapers never mentioned it.

i guess thats why the lottery still has ads in the newspapers.

Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Mar 21, 2012

jersey is a good example, Kumo, @ 10.8% we have the highest state lottery tax.

and them bums passed the law in the middle of the night,and the newspapers never mentioned it.

i guess thats why the lottery still has ads in the newspapers.

make that a triple yikes!

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 21, 2012

I believe there's a mass migration taking place from New York to California right now.

It's composed of those rebels who refuse to obey the government mandate and insist on putting salt on their food.

Reports confirm however, that the rebels have found neither an easy life nor safe haven from the Food Police in California either.

It appears Governor Moonbeam has just signed an Executive Order mandating that all pizza in California must henceforth be made with toppings consisting only of fully sprouted alfalfa, wheat germ, non-fat sugar-free plain Greek Yogurt and Gingko Biloba.

He is asking for the cooperation of anyone seeing someone eating pizza with unapproved toppings to immediately call the DNC.

**giggle** - I had absolutely NO idea that I was a 'closet-rebel' as I (lowering voice to a whisper) salt my food... ssshhh don't tell anyone please!  and I REALLY was clueless about why I never desired to move to California.  Rdgrnr - you answered my question for me... innately I musta known that I would hate their pizza!  No WONDER you are an oracle!  lolol (typed as I hastily hide my salt and bacon-salt)

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Mar 21, 2012

When I opened up the email of the winning numbers I received last night, I just knew for certain the jackpot this Friday was going to be a mere $12 million.  I am happy my numbers have another chance at hitting a monumental jackpot!

I promise LP land I won't disappoint in claiming it the right way.  And there won't be any disputes since I participate in ZERO lottery pools.

OldSchoolPa - I am right there with you!  When I saw Todd's listed 'next jackpot amount' I was flabergasted (is that really a word?)

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Pennsylvania will win on Friday because a big Mega Millions Win in the town next to where the HGTV Dream Home winner is located will be great "Press!"    Bat

DP!1:

Why do U >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>POST>>>>>>so^^^^^^^^^LARGE????!!!!!

Jack-in-the-Box

WesternRedDoug

(keep looking over there. i'm winning Powerball tonight and disappearing into obscurity.)

weshar75's avatarweshar75

I would love to win this jackpot on friday.  For all the little people who every day put their money into mega millions pots hoping for that one shinning moment.  But alas it is me weshar75 that will swoop in and take this jackpot off of everyones hands.  Yes!  Oh thank you!  No No!  Thank you!  Oh No no!  Thank you!-weshar75

Quote: Originally posted by on Apr 26, 2024

I must echo the surprised YIKES that has already been posted

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

dpoly!:

WHY>>>DU>>>>>>>>>>>POST "LARGE"

thank'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Jack-in-the-BoxJack-in-the-BoxBashHiding Behind ComputerAgree with stupidROFLAgree with stupid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BELGUM is a GREAT>country!!!!!

psykomo

VenomV12

I love these big jackpots like this because it is a great time to catch the hypocrites that claim that they don't play the lottery and that the lottery is a tax on the poor and all the other garbage that comes out of their mouths. If you have a dollar in your pocket and you don't throw it in the ring for a chance to win $300 million, then I have to say you are a pretty stupid individual.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by psykomo on Mar 21, 2012

DP!1:

Why do U >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>POST>>>>>>so^^^^^^^^^LARGE????!!!!!

Jack-in-the-Box

I'm old!

and it gets attention Big Grin

Quote: Originally posted by VenomV12 on Mar 21, 2012

I love these big jackpots like this because it is a great time to catch the hypocrites that claim that they don't play the lottery and that the lottery is a tax on the poor and all the other garbage that comes out of their mouths. If you have a dollar in your pocket and you don't throw it in the ring for a chance to win $300 million, then I have to say you are a pretty stupid individual.

For me the toughest times are when the Lottery is HUGE (like now) and when it has just rolled over.  Why?  Because I had determined that I would spend just 2$ per draw irrespective of the level of the lottery, using the logic that 12M$ would change my life pretty much just as much as 300M$ would ... but what I find about myself is that I am MORE sorely tempted to change my strategy at the 12M/20M$ level than I am at the 300M$ level.  Seems I dont know as much about me as I would have hoped.  Unhappy

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Quote: Originally posted by maximumfun on Mar 21, 2012

For me the toughest times are when the Lottery is HUGE (like now) and when it has just rolled over.  Why?  Because I had determined that I would spend just 2$ per draw irrespective of the level of the lottery, using the logic that 12M$ would change my life pretty much just as much as 300M$ would ... but what I find about myself is that I am MORE sorely tempted to change my strategy at the 12M/20M$ level than I am at the 300M$ level.  Seems I dont know as much about me as I would have hoped.  Unhappy

Well, maximumfun, we've learned from researching past MM and PB jackpot winners, of big and low sizes, that some have won with playing their first time for a $1 wager AND a couple have won after playing each drawing for two  decades spending anywhere from $1 - $100 wager EACH draw!  Most of the jackpots were won via quick pick #s, yet some have won with #s chosen either a first time or a series of numbers that the gambler has used for a couple of decades.  That's a huge gambit of variables, no rhyme or reason to imitate.

However, cheers, fellow gamblers! US Flag

Coin Toss's avatarCoin Toss

Quote: Originally posted by WesternRedDoug on Mar 21, 2012

dpoly1,

"California has had the largest population for a long time !

New York: 19,378,102"

WesternRedDoug,

I was thinking of using some of these, too (prize winners):

Detailed results for drawing dated: 3/20/2012.

[1] [4] [6] [11] [14] Mega Ball  = [30]
5      +      1 0 $241,000,000

5      +      0 68 $250,000
4      +      1 251 $10,000
4      +      0 9,851 $150
3      +      1 7,843 $150
2      +      1 103,795 $10
3      +      0 336,862 $7
1      +      1 558,252 $3
0      +      1 1,007,722 $2
Winning Tickets From 3/20/2012 Were Sold:
Match 5 + 0: Winners in California(21), Idaho
(1), Illinois(1), Indiana(2), Kentucky(3),
Massachusetts(3), Maryland(1), Michigan(9),
Missouri(2), New Jersey(5), New York(8), Ohio
(2), Pennsylvania(2), South Carolina(1),
Tennessee(1), Texas(4), Vermont(1) and Wisconsin
(1).

Estimated Jackpot for 03/23/2012 : $290,000,000.00

*California law restricts California Lottery games to pari-mutuel prizes. Prize amounts in California will differ from the fixed prize amounts shown here.
Click here for the California Lottery Web site and prize amounts.

Lucky SOB

i wonder how many if any at all of those second prize winners formed a lottery pool

PERDUE

If the Mega Million jackpot makes it to $342 million dollars, then I will play. If it is less than $342 million dollars, then I pass. $342 million dollars is the lowest amount I am willing to purchase a ticket when it comes to Mega Million and Power Ball not one dollar less.

Piaceri

I got 1 ticket 1+1. Funny thing when I printed that ticket at the lottery vending machine is the maching blinked off, then on after I pushed the button and before the ticket came out. Wish it would have blinked 4 more times....

C0w Pi3

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Mar 21, 2012

I got 1 ticket 1+1. Funny thing when I printed that ticket at the lottery vending machine is the maching blinked off, then on after I pushed the button and before the ticket came out. Wish it would have blinked 4 more times....

Are you serious? Is $130M after taxes not enough for you? At least that's how much I'd get if I won and was the only winning ticket..

Brcebrce

I wonder if it will be raised before the drawing this time. I would get $140 million. Can anyone gess what's the lowest jackpt needed to be $200 million after taxes? If it gets that high I doubt it will be just one ticket.

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Quote: Originally posted by Brcebrce on Mar 21, 2012

I wonder if it will be raised before the drawing this time. I would get $140 million. Can anyone gess what's the lowest jackpt needed to be $200 million after taxes? If it gets that high I doubt it will be just one ticket.

For MM, you would have to be up around 475 million/ 347 cash.....course the feds get 35%, depending on the state, but if you said 7% state tax...that would get you down to about 201 million cash......get a lower state tax or no state tax, then you wouldn't need it to get so high

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by Brcebrce on Mar 21, 2012

In Pennsylvania it would be about $308,000,000 cash!
(200/.65)

adamc224

Why are people saying that they are going to win in Florida? the Mega Millions is not offered in that state... i think, last time i looked....

as for another point... i think that the jackpot will be increased before the draw Friday. due to that massive hit on the 5 of 5. i think that if that many people had not won it would be over 300 million

Good Luck to all and if i win thanks for contributing to my new Truck and helping me pay off my parents bills so they can retire!!!

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Quote: Originally posted by adamc224 on Mar 21, 2012

Why are people saying that they are going to win in Florida? the Mega Millions is not offered in that state... i think, last time i looked....

as for another point... i think that the jackpot will be increased before the draw Friday. due to that massive hit on the 5 of 5. i think that if that many people had not won it would be over 300 million

Good Luck to all and if i win thanks for contributing to my new Truck and helping me pay off my parents bills so they can retire!!!

You  are correct adam, the MM is not sold in FL. but for those of us who have bought advanced draws while visiting another state on business / pleasure or have friends/relatives who bought tickets and visit us/mail them to us..then we ARE in the game... with that being said...Ya gotta be positive and believe...like I do  Thumbs Up......Should you win, it was my pleasure assisting you with your truck and the parents early retirement..Good luck to you as well.

dk1421's avatardk1421

You  are correct adam, the MM is not sold in FL. but for those of us who have bought advanced draws while visiting another state on business / pleasure or have friends/relatives who bought tickets and visit us/mail them to us..then we ARE in the game... with that being said...Ya gotta be positive and believe...like I do  Thumbs Up......Should you win, it was my pleasure assisting you with your truck and the parents early retirement..Good luck to you as well.

Yeah, I discovered that after visiting FL a few weeks ago. I kept asking for Powerball & MegaMillion tickets. After I got home, I realized that the tickets said "MegaMoney" instead.  Didn't matter, didn't win.

larry3100's avatarlarry3100

My brother James thinks it's always someone in Los Angeles wins the Mega Millions jackpot.He always says this when the jackpot gets "Big time" high.And I tell him the odds are always the same no matter where you buy your lottery tickets.I'd like to see this Mega Millions game rollover a few more times,taking it to an all time high of $400 million mark.And only one ticket winning it.Wow!.

faber98

Quote: Originally posted by larry3100 on Mar 21, 2012

My brother James thinks it's always someone in Los Angeles wins the Mega Millions jackpot.He always says this when the jackpot gets "Big time" high.And I tell him the odds are always the same no matter where you buy your lottery tickets.I'd like to see this Mega Millions game rollover a few more times,taking it to an all time high of $400 million mark.And only one ticket winning it.Wow!.

if i win i'm donating it to the los angeles school system. it appears it needs shoring up.

mcginnin56

My 6 psyhcics got this one. They assure me it will be six numbers!

I would call that a safe and reasonable conclusion rad, particularly where where all 6 shrink heads are in agreement.  Group Hug + 1 = 6

APOBABOY

Quote: Originally posted by faber98 on Mar 22, 2012

if i win i'm donating it to the los angeles school system. it appears it needs shoring up.

I Agree! ..in other word you're tossing away your win in a bottomless pit.

lincolnAbe's avatarlincolnAbe

Something fishy.  Last MM was all low numbers.  Last nights PB was mainly high numbers.  It's a sign from God.

GREED IS:  When playing MM, pick your lucky first five numbers (the one's you KNOW will win) and play them 46 times, each time with a different Mega Ball.  It will cost you $46 per drawing but at leasst you dont have to worry about the MB.  Small price to pay... if you think $250K is not enough.

Simba774

If I don't win on Friday. Let it roll, but I plan on winning friday.

Nikkicute's avatarNikkicute

Someone won the PowerBall jackpot (New Jersey) so a lot more people

will be focusing on MegaMillions.

HiFi's avatarHiFi

Quote: Originally posted by Nikkicute on Mar 22, 2012

wow the underPoweredBall won again, third consecutive time it was won for 70 million or less.

VenomV12

Quote: Originally posted by HiFi on Mar 22, 2012

wow the underPoweredBall won again, third consecutive time it was won for 70 million or less.

And also once again, the East Coast.

jones69

Good luck with your plan Simba. I guess Mega Millions jackpot will roll next Friday.

PS. I will NOT play MM alone or eurojackpot with anyone else either here at the lotterypost.

Simba774

Quote: Originally posted by Nikkicute on Mar 22, 2012

I just read that.  I won't playing PB for awhile.

rad242

Well Rad..my good friend, I have only one thing to say about that.....Puke........HA !!!!!

We're not in Disney anymore! Welcome to the big leagues - lol.

I'll donate something to a charity in your city.

rad242

I like that you're conspiracy theories conveniently fit in line with your DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR. (rotfl)

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

THE SHOTGUN PLAYING METHOD TO WINNING A LOTTERY JACKPOT.

HITTING THE TARGET.

when a shotgun is fired all those pellets that are crammed into the cartridge spread out so it's easier to hit the target.

PLAYING THE LOTTERY MORE OFTEN FOR MORE LINES=  SPENDING MORE MONEY=  GAMBLING ADDICTION.

US Flag    White Bounce  GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

KSplayer's avatarKSplayer

Sometimes i wonder why i buy tickets in the lottery, I live in Kansas in a town with 500 people in it i know they say everyone has the same chance at winning but how many small town winners do you see especially in Kansas most of the jackpots are won on either coast and from larger cities......but then i remember that it is about luck and a cash option of 205 Million is pretty <snip> awesome and why shouldn't i try my luck and maybe just this once it will be my numbers that come up, Dreams do come true and i am patiently waiting on mine to come true. Good Luck everyone!

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

jones69

@ THRIFTY

Do I see it right that your scanned Mega Millions ticket won $206 million in NY 12/27/2011 ?

:)

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

Quote: Originally posted by KSplayer on Mar 22, 2012

Sometimes i wonder why i buy tickets in the lottery, I live in Kansas in a town with 500 people in it i know they say everyone has the same chance at winning but how many small town winners do you see especially in Kansas most of the jackpots are won on either coast and from larger cities......but then i remember that it is about luck and a cash option of 205 Million is pretty <snip> awesome and why shouldn't i try my luck and maybe just this once it will be my numbers that come up, Dreams do come true and i am patiently waiting on mine to come true. Good Luck everyone!

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

you know why. because with a ticket in the game your chance of wining is slightly increased over the chance that  some one drops a jackpot winning ticket in your mail box one day.

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Quote: Originally posted by jones69 on Mar 22, 2012

@ THRIFTY

Do I see it right that your scanned Mega Millions ticket won $206 million in NY 12/27/2011 ?

:)

It is the ticket that the guy from California won the $208M Mega Millions jackpot with. I got the ticket image from the Internet to use it as an example in the shotgun playing method. Buying more tickets increase your chances of winning a lottery jackpot.  I guess is nothing new.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Don't be discouraged ............... we have had some "2nd" level (5 numbers) winners around our semi-rural area of Western Pennslyvania.

The big winner from the HGTV Dream Home giveaway was in the Borough that borders the Township that I live in ............

There was that big winner from South Dakota in 2009 .............. lives on a very large cattle ranch ..............

Just play for fun, do some pleasant dreaming and hope for the best !!!!!!  Guitar

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Have faith KSp...many small towns have winners. Look at that young kid a few years ago(May 2009) Neal Wanless of Mission S.D winning $232 million. There was a post not too long ago about the winning tickets being sold in either CA or NY......Looks like those 2 states haven't even hit the top 5.

• Mega Millions: $390 million, Mar. 6, 2007 - Georgia, New Jersey
  • Mega Millions: $380 million, Jan. 4, 2011 - Idaho, Washington
  • Powerball: $365 million, Feb. 18, 2006 - Nebraska
  • The Big Game: $363 million, May 9, 2000 - Illinois, Michigan
  • Powerball: $340 million, Oct. 19, 2005 - Oregon
THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Mar 22, 2012

you know why. because with a ticket in the game your chance of wining is slightly increased over the chance that  some one drops a jackpot winning ticket in your mail box one day.

YOU HAVE TO PLAY TO WIN.  I agreed my friend. GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by THRIFTY on Mar 22, 2012

It is the ticket that the guy from California won the $208M Mega Millions jackpot with. I got the ticket image from the Internet to use it as an example in the shotgun playing method. Buying more tickets increase your chances of winning a lottery jackpot.  I guess is nothing new.

Do my 4 lines played for Friday qualify as the "Buckshot Method" ........................

Thud

freeobama's avatarfreeobama

Mine All Mine!!Dance

TheRightPrice

Quote: Originally posted by freeobama on Mar 22, 2012

Mine All Mine!!Dance

Since I can not play here in Florida, I really do hope you win!

Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by freeobama on Mar 22, 2012

Mine All Mine!!Dance

No No nope I already got the winning tickets.....LOL

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Mar 22, 2012

No No nope I already got the winning tickets.....LOL

How about all 124,921 LP members winning the MM jackpot tomorrow night!   Cheers

That would come out to everyone getting a nice fat check of $2,321.46  (before taxes   Type) Party     Hyper   Lep     Banana

Prob988

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Mar 22, 2012

How about all 124,921 LP members winning the MM jackpot tomorrow night!   Cheers

That would come out to everyone getting a nice fat check of $2,321.46  (before taxes   Type) Party     Hyper   Lep     Banana

Apparently all of them think they will win.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Prob988 on Mar 22, 2012

Yup, myself included!

nobie23's avatarnobie23

I was thinking the same thing. Anytime the jackpots are large(pb or mega millions) it always seems it is won on opposite coasts. I think it is a racket how many winners CA had. Something doesnt smell right

Simba774

My stepfather has joked for years that you have to live in a town no one has ever heard to win the lottery. 4 years ago could've been my lucky day, but I didn't play the big lottery back then.  Half of 163 MM jackpot ticket was purchased at a Shell right down from where we live. I'm not saying I was going to have the winning ticket, but I never even gave myself a chance because I did not even play MM back then only scratch-off tickets. I have bought many from that same Shell. Well, forget about four years ago because I have better shot tomorrow because I actually play MM now. After I win I'm going to create a playlist called "Lottery Hits." It's going to feature songs talking about money.DrumGuitarParty

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

The article reads:  " .... the cash value is blowing the lid off at a whopping $205.5 million."  I'm enjoying lots of thoughts about 'post' winning this jackpot tomorrow evening -- it will be an ongoing joyful experience for my family members!

Congratulations to last evening's sole Powerball jackpot winning ticket holder(s) -- it's been exactly 2 years since last jackpot winning ticket sold in New Jersey, and the lump sum value is approximately 14% higher this year!

Roll Eyes

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Simba774 on Mar 22, 2012

My stepfather has joked for years that you have to live in a town no one has ever heard to win the lottery. 4 years ago could've been my lucky day, but I didn't play the big lottery back then.  Half of 163 MM jackpot ticket was purchased at a Shell right down from where we live. I'm not saying I was going to have the winning ticket, but I never even gave myself a chance because I did not even play MM back then only scratch-off tickets. I have bought many from that same Shell. Well, forget about four years ago because I have better shot tomorrow because I actually play MM now. After I win I'm going to create a playlist called "Lottery Hits." It's going to feature songs talking about money.DrumGuitarParty

I got bad news Simba, I've heard of Elgin.

Just in case though, make sure this is on the playlist:

Money - Well get back

I'm alright Jack

Keep your hands off of my stack

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 22, 2012

Money - Well get back

I'm alright Jack

Yeah, i heard of Elgin too, thats where "MAD MAN MUNTZ" is from,

i'm talking about the famous (infamous) car dealer that bing crosby used to make jokes about.

also, he was involved in making 4 & 8 track tape players, called muntz stereo pack,

and,yo Ridge, "money" was added to my playlist back when i still had an 8 track.

LOL "keep your hands off my 8 track" crackin up, thanks for makin me remember this stuff.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Mar 22, 2012

Yeah, i heard of Elgin too, thats where "MAD MAN MUNTZ" is from,

i'm talking about the famous (infamous) car dealer that bing crosby used to make jokes about.

also, he was involved in making 4 & 8 track tape players, called muntz stereo pack,

and,yo Ridge, "money" was added to my playlist back when i still had an 8 track.

LOL "keep your hands off my 8 track" crackin up, thanks for makin me remember this stuff.

Yeah, I remember that name Muntz!

My 8 Track was a "Kraco" though.

It used to eat tapes like they were hot buttered popcorn.

Quote: Originally posted by Simba774 on Mar 22, 2012

Well i hope so because i had never heard of this town till i moved here 10years ago lol, and i started playing MM about a year ago. Good Luck tomorrow and that sounds like an awesome play list might have to make one for myself.

Brcebrce

Why do yall post the numbers you're gonna play? If you hit, you're gonna share. Yes, 25-50 million isn't change under couch cushions money, but a big loss from $100 million.

BBLL's avatarBBLL

How come they didn't anymore in the jackpot?

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

Quote: Originally posted by BBLL on Mar 23, 2012

How come they didn't anymore in the jackpot?

?????????????????????????????

ttech10's avatarttech10

Quote: Originally posted by Cletu$2 on Mar 23, 2012

?????????????????????????????

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say they meant to be asking why they haven't raised the jackpot yet.

Simba774

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 22, 2012

Money - Well get back

I'm alright Jack

I wasn't referring to Elgin. I was talking about really small areas where you really can say everyone knows everyone. Example: How many people have heard of Honey Grove, Texas? Unless you watched "One Tree Hill" you probably never heard of it. Many of us have heard people say, "You have to live in Bear, Nebraska( I made that up) to win the lottery".

Simba774

Well i hope so because i had never heard of this town till i moved here 10years ago lol, and i started playing MM about a year ago. Good Luck tomorrow and that sounds like an awesome play list might have to make one for myself.

Yeah, it's going to kick ass.

rcbbuckeye's avatarrcbbuckeye

Quote: Originally posted by Simba774 on Mar 23, 2012

I wasn't referring to Elgin. I was talking about really small areas where you really can say everyone knows everyone. Example: How many people have heard of Honey Grove, Texas? Unless you watched "One Tree Hill" you probably never heard of it. Many of us have heard people say, "You have to live in Bear, Nebraska( I made that up) to win the lottery".

I can say I've heard of Honey Grove, Texas. I used to drive by it every week on the way to Paris (Texas) when I was in Yellow Pages sales.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

All of the good MOJO is in Southwestern Pennsylvania right now .................  See Ya!

Best wishes to all LP members!  Cool

I have set the winning plan in motion ................... I use the Quick Pick method ........................  LOL

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Mar 23, 2012

All of the good MOJO is in Southwestern Pennsylvania right now .................  See Ya!

Best wishes to all LP members!  Cool

I have set the winning plan in motion ................... I use the Quick Pick method ........................  LOL

Always The lottery players "smart choice".    Conehead

Good luck dpoly! Will you promise to let us know if the BIG ONE hits you 2-nite?   Chair

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

The smart choice would have to be  very happy for the FL guy who bought his winning jackpot ticket while on visiting up north !!!!!!  Patriot

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Mar 23, 2012

Always The lottery players "smart choice".    Conehead

Good luck dpoly! Will you promise to let us know if the BIG ONE hits you 2-nite?   Chair

Only Todd Vader gets the exclusive interview ............ no pictures, I don't want to scare anybody ................. 

Dance $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by CDanaT on Mar 23, 2012

The smart choice would have to be  very happy for the FL guy who bought his winning jackpot ticket while on visiting up north !!!!!!  Patriot

Green laughNice one CD! Me thinks you'll have to settle for second prize this time around.    LOL    Cheers

mcginnin56

Only Todd Vader gets the exclusive interview ............ no pictures, I don't want to scare anybody ................. 

Dance $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If your as good looking as some of those awesome looking Bentley's, you shouldn't be that concerned!   Conehead

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Mar 23, 2012

If your as good looking as some of those awesome looking Bentley's, you shouldn't be that concerned!   Conehead

Then again, ANYTHING standing next to one of those Bentley's would hardly be noticed... those are some serious nice-looking vehicles!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by maximumfun on Mar 23, 2012

Then again, ANYTHING standing next to one of those Bentley's would hardly be noticed... those are some serious nice-looking vehicles!

How very true max.....how sadly true!   Troll

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

That is why this is the way to travel .............

Quote: Originally posted by Prob988 on Mar 22, 2012

nothing wrong with positive thinking.....Wink

That is why this is the way to travel .............

dpoly1, I would look real GOOD in that.....Wink

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Mar 23, 2012

dpoly1, I would look real GOOD in that.....Wink

Hey .................. wait a minute!?   Crazy

mcginnin56

Hey .................. wait a minute!?   Crazy

Now, now dpoly.......your not the only one who want's one of those Bentley beauty's.     No Nod

Arrowhead's avatarArrowhead

So, how many tickets is everyone buying?

I won $12 from Tues. night---used that to buy 6 QP with megapliers. Might get one more with the 'personal numbers' angle.

surimaribo24's avatarsurimaribo24

im gonna go with a dollar and a dream tonight on mega ..lets see if luck and destiny will apply this time.

goodluck everyone tonight .

just have my reg. 2, one w/mp and one w/out.

Quote: Originally posted by Arrowhead on Mar 23, 2012

So, how many tickets is everyone buying?

I won $12 from Tues. night---used that to buy 6 QP with megapliers. Might get one more with the 'personal numbers' angle.

Got my $1 QP and a dream so we will see where that gets me

Good Luck tonight!

Well, then of course there's the group pool I'm in at work---27 of us I believe. That'd be a blast (or maybe NOT)...LOL

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by KSplayer on Mar 23, 2012

Got my $1 QP and a dream so we will see where that gets me

Good Luck tonight!

That's all it takes, KSplayer, and let's hope MM stays at $1 so we don't have to say $2 and a Dream anytime soon.

Good luck to you!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by surimaribo24 on Mar 23, 2012

im gonna go with a dollar and a dream tonight on mega ..lets see if luck and destiny will apply this time.

goodluck everyone tonight .

Keep dreamin' suri, I think it's goin' south tonight, brother.

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 23, 2012

That's all it takes, KSplayer, and let's hope MM stays at $1 so we don't have to say $2 and a Dream anytime soon.

Good luck to you!

Thank you rdgrnr and i hope they never go to $2

WesternRedDoug

Well, then of course there's the group pool I'm in at work---27 of us I believe. That'd be a blast (or maybe NOT)...LOL

27!?!

What could possibly go wrong with that?

Answer: Co-workers 28, 29 and 30. Member 14 who was sick and member 22 who says they put in double this week.

In all seriousness, do you think it is well run? Everything documented and signed?

TheGameGrl's avatarTheGameGrl

I Like the post that said - A Dollar and a Dream! How nice to think of it that way...(I mean that sincerely)

I predict Three winners on this jackpot. ME, MYSELF, AND I, We shall each be waving and greeting the Lottery officials with a smile from ear to ear.

I will say that a Pool is a grand idea! A Pool of Money and a Pool in my yard! Otherwise...No Lottery pools ....Its like giving money to uncle sam and having to painfully divide the rest amongst the peeps.

No good comes from that.

Dpoly1, If I dont win it all ...and there is another claimant...I pray it is you! Two PA winners would do us just right!

RJOh's avatarRJOh

I plan on at least picking some lines for the prediction board, that way if I don't play I'll keep my picking skills sharp for the next drawing if it rolls again.Naughty  Good luck to everyone who's playing tonight.

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Going south is correct  Ridge.......right down to FL.....

Quote: Originally posted by WesternRedDoug on Mar 23, 2012

27!?!

What could possibly go wrong with that?

Answer: Co-workers 28, 29 and 30. Member 14 who was sick and member 22 who says they put in double this week.

In all seriousness, do you think it is well run? Everything documented and signed?

Well, the guy 'in charge' goes around beginning of month and asks folks if they want in, makes a list, collects the $$. Documented and signed? Only 'documentation' is the list and who has paid. Could there be issues? Arguably, sure. Which is why I always get a few on my own...

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Going south is correct  Ridge.......right down to FL.....

C'mon now CD, you know that FLA don't really count when you're talkin' south anymore than Gitmo does, lol.

Well, maybe the panhandle but that's it.

And it's time for a backwoods Appalachian peckerwood to win this dadgum thing!

WesternRedDoug

Well, the guy 'in charge' goes around beginning of month and asks folks if they want in, makes a list, collects the $$. Documented and signed? Only 'documentation' is the list and who has paid. Could there be issues? Arguably, sure. Which is why I always get a few on my own...

Well, I hope you (you = the other 26 people) know how much money was collected, how many tickets are purchased, and what the numbers are. Good luck.

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

C'mon now CD, you know that FLA don't really count when you're talkin' south anymore than Gitmo does, lol.

HEY HEY...be nice, we count......those Appalachians extend all the way up to far northeast..... that includes one of the states where my tix came from...and TN ain't on the "dadgum" ticket list...Besides you heathens are doing well counting past 20(fingers & toes)  ROFL...we have over 60 counties so we can count that high (well, most of us anyways) !!!

Well, I hope you (you = the other 26 people) know how much money was collected, how many tickets are purchased, and what the numbers are. Good luck.

We all have printouts (copies) of tickets bought. You know, with this much $$ involved, someone could try to make a problem, no question. Hope for the best. If I win on my own, I'll be sharing with lots of people. Good luck to you as well.

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

We all have printouts (copies) of tickets bought. You know, with this much $$ involved, someone could try to make a problem, no question. Hope for the best. If I win on my own, I'll be sharing with lots of people. Good luck to you as well.

Hope you have no problems and a good group of people with integrity if you win....Amen on the sharing, plan on doing alot of that should the ticket be in my possession.

Dizzy232

DanceDanceDanceI have decided to finally go in and bought my first and only one dollar ticket for tonite.. going to try the birthday thing. Definitely, good luck to all playing tonite!

WesternRedDoug

That's better. I was picturing a couple of worse case scenarios there.

As much as I am against pools, they make for such good fodder for conversation. Good luck. Hope you win (on your own ticket).

I was thinking more of a coutry girl that lives in Kansas would win!

Disney But i will come to FL and visit after i win CDanaT

sandia's avatarsandia

I am with ridge on this one, the south will take this one tonight. If it rolls over, the Northwest might get a chance....***big grin***

After turning my trusted truck upside down and digging for change, I found some and bought 2 qp. Let's see if the gods are in a happy mood tonight...

Good Luck to all LP members, may the winner(s) be among us.

I live in south central Kansas does that count as south lol

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

I was thinking more of a coutry girl that lives in Kansas would win!

Disney But i will come to FL and visit after i win CDanaT

Well that's mighty neighborly of ya !!!!, come awwwwn down...no tornadoes here and it isn't hurricane season yet  Big Smile

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

HEY HEY...be nice, we count......those Appalachians extend all the way up to far northeast..... that includes one of the states where my tix came from...and TN ain't on the "dadgum" ticket list...Besides you heathens are doing well counting past 20(fingers & toes)  ROFL...we have over 60 counties so we can count that high (well, most of us anyways) !!!

I'll have you know sir, that we have devised a method to count all the way to 21! The men have anyway.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I live in south central Kansas does that count as south lol

I hereby declare all country girls to be in the South!

So let it be written.

So let it be done.

I hereby declare all country girls to be in the South!

So let it be written.

So let it be done.

Party

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy232 on Mar 23, 2012

DanceDanceDanceI have decided to finally go in and bought my first and only one dollar ticket for tonite.. going to try the birthday thing. Definitely, good luck to all playing tonite!

Beginners Luck can be a paarful thing, Dizzy, no doubt about it.

Good luck on your first line!LepYes NodThumbs Up

That's better. I was picturing a couple of worse case scenarios there.

As much as I am against pools, they make for such good fodder for conversation. Good luck. Hope you win (on your own ticket).

Forgot to mention---the guy running the pool goes by 'Slick'...what could possibly go wrong?Party

Green laughhow are you ridge...i hope every corner hit the mega so everyone can have a piece of it. goodluck tonight ridge you hit bro make sure you send me a bottle of  the collectable jackdanielsROFL

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by surimaribo24 on Mar 23, 2012

Green laughhow are you ridge...i hope every corner hit the mega so everyone can have a piece of it. goodluck tonight ridge you hit bro make sure you send me a bottle of  the collectable jackdanielsROFL

You got it, brotha man!

And I'll deliver it in person so don't start shootin' if you see a big ol' hillbilly knockin' on yer front door!

I didnt know there was a collectible Jack Daniels.  I must be living a 'too sheltered' life!  Just think of the things I have been missing!!!

BBLL's avatarBBLL

Where would you guys live if you win?

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, on Water Isle...

sully16's avatarsully16

Good luck everybody.Hyper

smooth05

good luck to everyone. working on my numbers right now

ohfive's avatarohfive

I would leave New York in a heart beat and head down to Florida,yourself? anyways GL

Same town i live in now would just move in the country and build our dream home.

Two houses, neither of which has to be mansion-like, just nice and comfortable. One in Prescott, Ariz., the other my hometown of Lancaster, Pa. (Amish country).

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I didnt know there was a collectible Jack Daniels.  I must be living a 'too sheltered' life!  Just think of the things I have been missing!!!

Looks like I'll have to drop one off to ya up there too, max.

You ain't askeered of big ol' hillbillies ere ya?

Looks like I'll have to drop one off to ya up there too, max.

You ain't askeered of big ol' hillbillies ere ya?

I should probably warn you that I dont 'catch' well... so drop it softly. (is that even possible?)  and not much scares me... well wait a minute.  yes there is and here is the definitive list:  shamrock shakes by mcdonalds, air quality of RI, tatoo artists who arent themselves inked, and barbi-doll-comando's.

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

On Americas highways in my new motorhome.Theres lots of nooks and crannys in America that I would love to see but don't have the money to see them,now.

Fargo.

Who is going to look for you in Fargo after you've won a jackpot?

I like the idea of a motorhome and seeing America.  I had never thought about that but it sounds wonderful.

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Quote: Originally posted by Cletu$2 on Mar 23, 2012

On Americas highways in my new motorhome.Theres lots of nooks and crannys in America that I would love to see but don't have the money to see them,now.

Not a bad idea Cletu$......take care of all bills via the Internet.....address: Mobile, USA

Piaceri

Just want to wish my LP friends good luck in tonights MM drawing. Dance

Just checked to see that my fave high end gently used auto dealers has a nice, sweet 2010 Ferrari California conv, white w/beige, 6k miles. Mmmm yummy! 

F California

They have a red one, too - 2010 with 1.5k miles.

Piaceri

Ok, wait. They have more lovelies to choose from! 2011 Maserati Gran Tourismo conv, 4.5k miles.

maserati

White Bounce

sandia's avatarsandia

I was certain the jackpot would have bumped up a bit, by now. My favorite convenience store was a furry of lottery fever activity. Oh well, it might bump up before the draw.....

Lucky SOB

here are the winning numbers 5-34-25-9-17+48

WesternRedDoug

Oregon
Oregon
Oregon

18 minutes. Can you feel it?

lejardin's avatarlejardin

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, on Water Isle...

Make mine Lanikai, Kailua, 'OahuSun Smiley

Countin down the minutes, good luck everybody!

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Mar 23, 2012

Ok, wait. They have more lovelies to choose from! 2011 Maserati Gran Tourismo conv, 4.5k miles.

maserati

White Bounce

they are some nice little,cruisers,

what say dpoly ?

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I should probably warn you that I dont 'catch' well... so drop it softly. (is that even possible?)  and not much scares me... well wait a minute.  yes there is and here is the definitive list:  shamrock shakes by mcdonalds, air quality of RI, tatoo artists who arent themselves inked, and barbi-doll-comando's.

Good to go and ready to launch.

I'm pretty sure those shamrock shakes are made with algae by executive order.

Maybe me, you and surimaribo'll just go out honky-tonkin'.

And like the song says: "We ain't leavin' til we're heavin' and pukin' in the parkin' lot."

How about it?

Bigheadnick's avatarBigheadnick

drumroll please....

Lucky SOB

i doubt anyone got this one. 20 came up twice.

mightwin's avatarmightwin

Darn consectutive numbers. All low again, someone had to win it

Quote: Originally posted by Bigheadnick on Mar 23, 2012

drumroll please....

I'm waiting just like you! lol

Bigheadnick's avatarBigheadnick

6-17-19-20-21+20   = poooooooooop let it roll

Good to go and ready to launch.

I'm pretty sure those shamrock shakes are made with algae by executive order.

Maybe me, you and surimaribo'll just go out honky-tonkin'.

And like the song says: "We ain't leavin' til we're heavin' and pukin' in the parkin' lot."

How about it?

LOL - algae - I might like them now.  And WHAT song has those lyrics?  Noone over here can figure it out... although you have me laughin!  The idea of doing anything with the intent of heavin' and pukin' as the end result and goal sounds... um... i dont even know what word to put at the end of this sentence... lolol

I think you even scared the MM drawing!  all low numbers AGAIN!  this one should be won... but then again I thought that was the case with the last drawing as well.

Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by Bigheadnick on Mar 23, 2012

6-17-19-20-21+20   = poooooooooop let it roll

Would be awesome.

This drawing just ended my streak of winning at least $2 for the past four draws.

Good news is... I made it 22 hours without a cigarette today! Dance 

Weening myself off the habit cold turkey. Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by Kumo on Mar 23, 2012

Would be awesome.

This drawing just ended my streak of winning at least $2 for the past four draws.

Good news is... I made it 22 hours without a cigarette today! Dance 

Weening myself off the habit cold turkey. Cheers

Excellent job on the lack of cigarettes! 

And I am right there with you on the 'let it roll baby let it roll!'.

Kumo's avatarKumo

Excellent job on the lack of cigarettes! 

And I am right there with you on the 'let it roll baby let it roll!'.

ty max :)

The old smokers were definitely right about one thing, it gets tougher to give it up the longer you have the habit.

I should have never picked the darn thing up, I probably could have saved up $30k to $40k from the money spent over the years.

Come on $350M+! Party

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

LOL - algae - I might like them now.  And WHAT song has those lyrics?  Noone over here can figure it out... although you have me laughin!  The idea of doing anything with the intent of heavin' and pukin' as the end result and goal sounds... um... i dont even know what word to put at the end of this sentence... lolol

I think you even scared the MM drawing!  all low numbers AGAIN!  this one should be won... but then again I thought that was the case with the last drawing as well.

That was "We Ain't Leavin' Til We're Heavin' (Pukin' in the Parkin' Lot)" by Pork and the Havana Ducks.

Yep, looks like Birthday numbers again. Not mine though.

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Mar 24, 2012

That was "We Ain't Leavin' Til We're Heavin' (Pukin' in the Parkin' Lot)" by Pork and the Havana Ducks.

Yep, looks like Birthday numbers again. Not mine though.

Oh my goodness... you are pulling things from my youth.  I saw them back in - either the late 70's or the early 80's.  They were quite unforgettable.  Loved hearing them and reliving the memories when I youtube'd them.  dh was quoting lyrics with the band.  LOL

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

terrible numbers tonight  Puke

Quote: Originally posted by Lucky SOB on Mar 23, 2012

i doubt anyone got this one. 20 came up twice.

It seems that's the way big jackpots are won, playing one of the top matrix numbers again on the lower matrix.

If you've ever played with several people somone will say, "We already played 20". A lot of people just don't get the concpet that any one of the top numbers can also show on the bottom.

Quote: Originally posted by CDanaT on Mar 24, 2012

terrible numbers tonight  Puke

I only got two numbers, one on each line.

Not enough to win, LET IT ROLL.....!!

ashabug725's avatarashabug725

Im tired of waiting to know if it rolled over.. ahhh!!! maybe the psychics were right and it'll b Good Friday!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by ashabug725 on Mar 24, 2012

Im tired of waiting to know if it rolled over.. ahhh!!! maybe the psychics were right and it'll b Good Friday!!!!

lol - I am right there with you.  I am sitting up and refusing to go to bed until I know the fate of this jackpot.  lolol

Quote: Originally posted by maximumfun on Mar 24, 2012

lol - I am right there with you.  I am sitting up and refusing to go to bed until I know the fate of this jackpot.  lolol

Me as well... very tired.. but so anxious!! lol... im a stay at home mommy so the lottery is my adult excitement!! :-)

I'm waiting as well. Either no winners or someone somewhere

is screaming their lungs out and jumping up and down! lol

I wonder how many people matched the first 5 numbers this time around?

Quote: Originally posted by Nikkicute on Mar 24, 2012

I'm waiting as well. Either no winners or someone somewhere

is screaming their lungs out and jumping up and down! lol

I wonder how many people matched the first 5 numbers this time around?

I say 18 ppl w 5 numbers... 3 from cali 2 from RI .. 1 Indiana 2 Ohio.. who knows the rest.. lol!!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Oh my goodness... you are pulling things from my youth.  I saw them back in - either the late 70's or the early 80's.  They were quite unforgettable.  Loved hearing them and reliving the memories when I youtube'd them.  dh was quoting lyrics with the band.  LOL

Yeah, me and a bunch of ol' boys used to ride up to the Wisconsin State Fair and bars in southern Wisconsin to see 'em.

Pork died a few years back, he was a hell of a nice guy.

My favorite was "The Drummer Calls Her Darlin' but I Used to Call Her Mine."

Good memories.

keepitreal

I hope someone from Michigan hit jackpot. So they can used the money to fix the road. I play so if I hit. I'll used my money to fix the road. Not all but one area need the road fix bad. With like 1 million. The road can be fix and the drive can be better.

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Quote: Originally posted by ashabug725 on Mar 24, 2012

Me as well... very tired.. but so anxious!! lol... im a stay at home mommy so the lottery is my adult excitement!! :-)

Probably a winner from Maine or Oregon  Sleepy

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

HA !!!!...no winner......night kids !!!

That's great, it's rolling now!!

Let's get that jackpot LP :)

Tx_Mega_Player's avatarTx_Mega_Player

Yea no winner. 356M for Tuesday's draw.

No winners....wow

Whoa.  Ok then.  Time to call it a night.  Good luck to everyone.  Sleep fast, sleep well!

HA !!!!...no winner......night kids !!!

Hip hip hooray!!!!!!! 356 sounds even sweeter!!!! imagine what it'll b if it rolls to Good Friday!! hmmm... ridiculous! but oh the people im gonna help when i win :-) sweet dreams everybody!!!!!

Tx_Mega_Player's avatarTx_Mega_Player

255.1 cash amount

Quote: Originally posted by Tx_Mega_Player on Mar 24, 2012

255.1 cash amount

Oh wow I forgot about the cash amount, thanks for the reminder!

You guys want this one to roll?

One more and it will be a record!!

barbos's avatarbarbos

Next 4 days gonna be very hard for the lottery machines. I hope they got enough ink, paper and coolant.

Colt45ML's avatarColt45ML

Well, it's in the neighborhood of 175 mil after taxes in my state.  <snip>, that's scary!!  But I'd still like to know what it feels like to check off all six numbers on one of my lines.Naughty  I wonder if it's better than good sex.

Quote: Originally posted by barbos on Mar 24, 2012

Next 4 days gonna be very hard for the lottery machines. I hope they got enough ink, paper and coolant.

It might be a record by 11pm on Tuesday night.

winitbig

I matched 3 numbers tonight. Won $7. It was my 2nd time playing. Hopefully a good sign for things to come!

barbos's avatarbarbos

Quote: Originally posted by Colt45ML on Mar 24, 2012

It might be a record by 11pm on Tuesday night.

No doubt it will be. Those 356M is a mere conservative estimate, the real number will depend heavily on the media coverage. I certainly will spend more for the next draw than I did for this one.

Quote: Originally posted by winitbig on Mar 24, 2012

I matched 3 numbers tonight. Won $7. It was my 2nd time playing. Hopefully a good sign for things to come!

Sounds good to me.  If you win, you need to go straight to Duncan Osborne's office.  He's a great asset protection attorney in your home town.

Powerball

Lucky SOB

i love when the jackpots gets huge but hate the media fallout that come with these huge wins. i guess this is the price i will have to face for winning next weeks jackpot.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Mar 23, 2012

I plan on at least picking some lines for the prediction board, that way if I don't play I'll keep my picking skills sharp for the next drawing if it rolls again.Naughty  Good luck to everyone who's playing tonight.

Looks like sharping my picking skills might have been worth the effort, I'll definitely be playing Tuesday.  Can't pass up playing for a jackpot that size.

Quote: Originally posted by Lucky SOB on Mar 24, 2012

i love when the jackpots gets huge but hate the media fallout that come with these huge wins. i guess this is the price i will have to face for winning next weeks jackpot.

Yes indeed.  My blood pressure pills better serve me well next week when I win.   This one will definitely require legal representation to say the least.

barbos's avatarbarbos

If you are strong enough, wait for couple month before claiming - that may help to bring down some noise, but not much.

gocart1's avatargocart1

If you are strong enough, wait for couple month before claiming - that may help to bring down some noise, but not much.

I really think you would have to go into hiding for a few months.....

gocart1's avatargocart1

Quote: Originally posted by gocart1 on Mar 24, 2012

Holly crap is all i can say ...

this is going to some fun talking about

Quote: Originally posted by gocart1 on Mar 24, 2012

I think I'd leave the country, and take my money with me.  Would become a perpetual traveler for a year or so and sort things out.  I'm looking at the Cunard Lines (Queen Mary, QEII) web site right now.  Yes Nod

barbos's avatarbarbos

Maybe. There will almost  certainly be more than one winner.  My prediction is this one will jump beyond 400M, but won't reach 500.

gocart1's avatargocart1

I think I'd leave the country, and take my money with me.  Would become a perpetual traveler for a year or so and sort things out.  I'm looking at the Cunard Lines (Queen Mary, QEII) web site right now.  Yes Nod

I Agree!           I better get that passport i never got around to gettin..

The speculation built up over time over who won would make it worse when you claimed, in my opinion.

There's only one way to do it and keep your sanity, and that's anonimously through a trust. Hopefully your state allows for that.  Ohio does...Hurray!

Lucky SOB

i guess this means we all have to buy our tickets in delaware. only place i feel confident to remain anonymous.

Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Mar 24, 2012

Powerball

hehe, no joke!

so much for the larger PB jackpots they planned with the new matrix...at least until this current MM hits.

Good Luck on Tuesday folks!

gogidolim

It seems that California doesn't.

Almost $176 mil after taxes where I'm at. That's very difficult to wrap your head around. And it's bound to increase by Tues. night.

Quote: Originally posted by RedStang on Mar 24, 2012

Powerball

LOL!! no you didn't!Green laugh

I know raising it another 30 million or so from the advertised 356 million is a lot after the big jump it just made. But if tickets sell, (it would be a slim shot) but maybe a record jackpot for tuesday?.....just throwin it out there lol

barbos's avatarbarbos

Quote: Originally posted by gogidolim on Mar 24, 2012

It seems that California doesn't.

Looks like it is kinda complicated in California. Yes, if you sign the back of your ticket, your name may and most likely will be released. But here is what I found on Lottery Post:

If you want to claim your ticket anonymously, you must do the following:

* Call the CA state lottery office and tell them you would like to claim anonymously
    * The legal division will review your request and they decide if they will accept  your LLC, Trust, Blind Trust, Partnership (which means you would have to have formed the LLC, Trust etc. before you submitt the ticket; this is probably why it takes weeks before the anonymous claim on large jackpots are reported to the media).
    * They said it is their policy (CA Lottery) to review all request to claim prizes anonymously on a case by case basis as some have tried to claim prizes anonymously to avoid child support, spousal support etc.
    * Once it is decided that you will claim anonymously, your representative (usually the lawyer who helped your form the trust) will provide the information to Lottery official for a press release (name of Trust, LLC etc, where you bought the ticket and when you bought the ticket....it is one winner, or a group or partnership.....) Any and all inquiries are to be directed to the representative of the Trust, LLC etc

Wow my head still can not get wrapped around these totals.  Boy now would be the PERFECT time to win PowerBall.  None of the attention will be on the winner in the midst of THIS perfect storm media blitz!  400M$ easy by Tuesday is my guess.

barbos's avatarbarbos

Wow my head still can not get wrapped around these totals.  Boy now would be the PERFECT time to win PowerBall.  None of the attention will be on the winner in the midst of THIS perfect storm media blitz!  400M$ easy by Tuesday is my guess.

I Agree!

Quote: Originally posted by Arrowhead on Mar 24, 2012

The speculation built up over time over who won would make it worse when you claimed, in my opinion.

There's only one way to do it and keep your sanity, and that's anonimously through a trust. Hopefully your state allows for that.  Ohio does...Hurray!

What's your advice for those who live in a state where you can't cliam it anonimously?

I'm in WI they have some public record law but you don't have to participate in a press conference.

I wonder if one has to take a picture for the lotto website ? If you say no, the media will find one.

I'd thinik I'd take the picture for the website before they find a nerdy one from my highschool yearbook! lol

Kumo's avatarKumo

$255.1M  I am almost certain that makes this the largest CVO ever. Wasn't the largest before this a CVO of $240M?

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

kumo is right, old cash record was 240m

this one with 255m,plus its first guest, all record jackpots get larger amount come draw time

it beats all records when it comes to cash

Simba774

I know Illinois is going to want my face on the tube, but it won't happen! This state claims you have to show yourself, but I believe they cannot make you do it. I don't think they can force someone to revel themselves. My lawyer will be at the press conference, not me and my family.  That JP is mine on Tuesday and I won't revel myself. Though, I might post that playlist on here.

barbos's avatarbarbos

Quote: Originally posted by Simba774 on Mar 24, 2012

I know Illinois is going to want my face on the tube, but it won't happen! This state claims you have to show yourself, but I believe they cannot make you do it. I don't think they can force someone to revel themselves. My lawyer will be at the press conference, not me and my family.  That JP is mine on Tuesday and I won't revel myself. Though, I might post that playlist on here.

Not too many folks are as smart as you unfortunately.

I'm Googling and they have exciting stories about the $290 million, can't wait to see the

new stories about this jackpot!

Before I started playing the lotto I used to see these news stories and see these long lines of people

buying tickets. I've never had to wait in a long line to buy tickets, this maybe my first time for me to

be in the middle of a lotto frenzy.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Roll baby Roll!

Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by joshuacloak on Mar 24, 2012

kumo is right, old cash record was 240m

this one with 255m,plus its first guest, all record jackpots get larger amount come draw time

it beats all records when it comes to cash

Followed up on your info and found some more on wikipedia. I'd be willing to make a gamble that this one is going to be won by multiple tickets. Party

List of Largest U.S. lottery Jackpots: $250 Million and Higher

• $390 million, Mega Millions, won March 6, 2007, by 2 tickets, in Georgia and New Jersey. (Cash payout of $233.1 million, second largest in American lottery history). This was the largest jackpot in American lottery history.
  • $380 million, Mega Millions, won January 4, 2011, by 2 tickets, Washington and Idaho. (Cash payout of $240 million). 
  • $365 million, Powerball, won February 18, 2006, in Nebraska. Biggest win ever for a single ticket. It was shared by eight persons who worked for a ConAgra meatpacking plant.
  • $363 million, The Big Game (precursor of Mega Millions), won May 9, 2000, by 2 tickets, in Illinois and Michigan.
  • $356 million, Mega Millions. ($255.1 million cash, currently the largest in American history.) Drawing set for March 27, 2012.
  • $340 million, Powerball, won October 19, 2005, in Oregon, lump sum value, $164.4 million.
  • $336.4 million, Powerball, won February 11, 2012, by 1 ticket, in Rhode Island. (Cash option payout of $210 million, largest in Powerball history.)
  • $336 million, Mega Millions, won August 28, 2009, by 2 tickets, in New York and California.
  • $331 million, The Big Game, won April 16, 2002, by 3 tickets, in Georgia, Illinois and New Jersey.
  • $330 million, Mega Millions, won August 31, 2007, by 4 tickets, in New Jersey, MarylandTexas and Virginia.
  • $319 million, Mega Millions, won March 25, 2011, by 1 ticket, in New York.
  • $315 million, Mega Millions, won November 15, 2005, in Anaheim, California, Choosing cash, their prize was $175 million.
  • $314.9 million, Powerball, won December 25, 2002, in West Virginia. Opting for the lump sum, as with most winners, his prize was $170,505,876
  • $314.3 million, Powerball, won August 25, 2007, in Indiana.
  • $294 million, Mega Millions, won on July 2, 2004, in Massachusetts. $168,480,412 cash.
  • $275 million, Mega Millions, won on February 22, 2008, in Georgia. $167,694,000 cash.
  • $270 million, Mega Millions, won on February 28, 2006, in Ohio. The winner chose the lump sum of $158.8 million.
  • $258 million, Mega Millions, won on September 16, 2005, in New Jersey. They chose the lump sum of $156,141,600
KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

Well, it's in the neighborhood of 175 mil after taxes in my state.  <snip>, that's scary!!  But I'd still like to know what it feels like to check off all six numbers on one of my lines.Naughty  I wonder if it's better than good sex.

Winning that much money is like really bad sex. It will leave you with something that lasts the rest of your life.

PowerBall is indeed toast at this point... oh my giddiant... i MUST get some sleep.  Good night all.  Best of luck to EVERYONE!

Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by KY Floyd on Mar 24, 2012

Winning that much money is like really bad sex. It will leave you with something that lasts the rest of your life.

Some of the soldiers we used to have to "rod off the range", Monday mornings at the Troop Aid Station, would definitely concur.

jones69
It rolled ! $356 million  Draw Date: March 27, 2012  (cash $255 Million)
mcginnin56

MM is   Boxing   PB something fierce. More reason for me to play PB, gotta root for the underdog, and take home that $40 million 2-nite!      Yes Nod

Quote: Originally posted by Nikkicute on Mar 24, 2012

What's your advice for those who live in a state where you can't cliam it anonimously?

I'm in WI they have some public record law but you don't have to participate in a press conference.

I wonder if one has to take a picture for the lotto website ? If you say no, the media will find one.

I'd thinik I'd take the picture for the website before they find a nerdy one from my highschool yearbook! lol

Well, at least you don't have to stand in front of a bunch of cameras.

My advice? If I lived in a state where my name would be published as the winner, I'd be moving ASAP. Which is a shame, because (a) some people wouldn't want to uproot no matter what and (b) winning this kind of money should only change your life in one direction---for the better. Having your name attached to this kind of well-publicized windfall doesn't negate all your good fortune, but it complicates a situation that should all positive.

I know there are people who think it'd be no big deal to stand up front and center with the big check in front of the cameras and in fact would love that.

Not me, not on your life.

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

My advice? If I lived in a state where my name would be published as the winner, I'd be moving ASAP. Which is a shame, because (a) some people wouldn't want to uproot no matter what and (b) winning this kind of money should only change your life in one direction---for the better. Having your name attached to this kind of well-publicized windfall doesn't negate all your good fortune, but it complicates a situation that should all positive.

I know there are people who think it'd be no big deal to stand up front and center with the big check in front of the cameras and in fact would love that.

I hear ya on the cameras aspect....no need for that kind of attention at all. The relocation factor would be a definite, probably to a place with much more living space and acreage on a temporary basis. Perhaps some significant traveling and visiting family members(donating some early xmas gifts - $$) for 2-4 weeks...Lots of choices with lots of time to think them through....I can handle it

I hear ya on the cameras aspect....no need for that kind of attention at all. The relocation factor would be a definite, probably to a place with much more living space and acreage on a temporary basis. Perhaps some significant traveling and visiting family members(donating some early xmas gifts - $$) for 2-4 weeks...Lots of choices with lots of time to think them through....I can handle it

Sounds like a plan! Good luck to you!

Dizzy232

Beginners Luck can be a paarful thing, Dizzy, no doubt about it.

Good luck on your first line!LepYes NodThumbs Up

Thanks Ridge! I hope you won something last nite. Had a strong hunch this morning that I should replay my numbers and after seeing no one took the big one I think I'll just do that. Again, good luck to all planning to go in for this coming Tuesday!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy232 on Mar 24, 2012

Thanks Ridge! I hope you won something last nite. Had a strong hunch this morning that I should replay my numbers and after seeing no one took the big one I think I'll just do that. Again, good luck to all planning to go in for this coming Tuesday!

Funny you mentioned that, Dizzy.

I was just thinkin' of playin' a couple QP's I got again.

Go for it and good luck to you!

Jill34786's avatarJill34786

I agree! not only are these people who flaunt themselves in front of the camera putting themselves in harms way but they are also jeopardizing family members as crooks will go after them if they can't hunt the winner down.

You got it, brotha man!

And I'll deliver it in person so don't start shootin' if you see a big ol' hillbilly knockin' on yer front door!

Green laughROFL

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story