Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What States allow us to play their Lottery from home PC?

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: March 24, 2012, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Appreciate the warm welcome Dallas. Sure wish I lived close enough to visit that Texas sandbox with ya. That's a sweet lotto.

Victory loves Preparation!

DH likes playing the Lotto Texas, 2 years ago he got 5#'s and won $2600 he was 1# away from the Jackpot... so now everytime were in Texas we multidraw...Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: March 24, 2012, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I play multiple state lotto's. All you have to do is use the multi draw feature. The only disadvantge is that you have to pay in advance. For example my last out of state purchase was for 8 lines using the multi draw feature enabled for 16 drawings. My wife and I just drove back to that state yesterday as all 16 drawings were completed. We collected our winnings $120.00 in cash and 26 qp's. Re-entered drawing for 10 lines w/multi drawing selected for the next 16 drawings. We'll return when drawings are exhausted or the big one comes our way. It's only a matter of time.

I do the same thing, meetoo. A month at a time.

Welcome to Lottery Post and Good Luck to you.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 24, 2012, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

DH likes playing the Lotto Texas, 2 years ago he got 5#'s and won $2600 he was 1# away from the Jackpot... so now everytime were in Texas we multidraw...Smile

I'm glad somebody got lucky with Texas, dallas.

I was in Houston for about a year and couldn't win a dadgum nickel for losin'.

And I half wore out my boots stompin' c*ckroaches!

I'm glad you got 'em!

--Edmund Burke

meetoo's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #124862
        March 21, 2012
        41 Posts
        Posted: March 24, 2012, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Wow Dallas! Sorry to hear anyone missing by one number. I know the feeling. I've been one number off before also but hey I'm thankful for the good health and blessings we do share. I'd be happy with 10k but vividly imagine how much more of a blessing we could be to those in need. Wishing you the best of luck!

May You Prosper and be in Health!

Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6290 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2012, 12:01 am - IP Logged

I'm glad somebody got lucky with Texas, dallas.

I was in Houston for about a year and couldn't win a dadgum nickel for losin'.

And I half wore out my boots stompin' c*ckroaches!

I'm glad you got 'em!

You know ridge, the funny thing is we were almost in to Oklahoma last stop Gainesville, DH wanted to make one last stop I was like NO i'm tired, he was like i'm going to grab a gatorade..LOL... now everytime we stop he always rubs it in my face...LOL...

Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2012, 12:02 am - IP Logged

Wow Dallas! Sorry to hear anyone missing by one number. I know the feeling. I've been one number off before also but hey I'm thankful for the good health and blessings we do share. I'd be happy with 10k but vividly imagine how much more of a blessing we could be to those in need. Wishing you the best of luck!

I Agree! so true meetoo, wishing you the best as well....

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
              upstate NY
              United States
              Member #108791
              March 31, 2011
              549 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2012, 3:38 am - IP Logged

We've gone off the rails? Who's we? I don't recall anybody saying anything to you, tinkerbelle.

You ain't often right, but I gotta admit, this time you've got a point.  "We" would imply the inclusion of "me"; this one was all you, bub.  Only thing I did was stumble upon the wreckage.

Patriot

upstate NY
                United States
                Member #108791
                March 31, 2011
                549 Posts
                Posted: March 25, 2012, 3:39 am - IP Logged

Anyhoo, back to the original topic... supposedly a whole bunch of states are hot on Illinois's heels trying to get this online playing set up.  I do know that some states -- New York is one of them -- allow you to buy a subscription to some of their games online, but it's not exactly the same thing.  For starters, it's not instantaneous; there's no guarantee that your subscription will be active in time for the next drawing.  Also, it's more suited for multi-draws; the minimum for a NY subscription is 5 weeks (10 draws).

Patriot

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: March 25, 2012, 11:35 am - IP Logged

You ain't often right, but I gotta admit, this time you've got a point.  "We" would imply the inclusion of "me"; this one was all you, bub.  Only thing I did was stumble upon the wreckage.

There's tinkerbelle, just like clockwork after everything's over, taking the thread off topic while complaining about it being off topic and then slithering away.

Good work, tinkerbelle, nobody at all will notice your phony rhetoric.

--Edmund Burke

upstate NY
                    United States
                    Member #108791
                    March 31, 2011
                    549 Posts
                    Posted: March 25, 2012, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

There's tinkerbelle, just like clockwork after everything's over, taking the thread off topic while complaining about it being off topic and then slithering away.

Apparently you have a different definition of "slither away" than everyone else.  Then again, you also have a different definition of "civility" than everyone else.

But I think I've figured you out.  It seems someone's only allowed to call you out on your antics if they can get in immediately after you post.  Two problems with that.  One, not everyone has the time to hang out here 24/7 waiting for your next outburst.  Two, even if they did, where I come from, that's called "stalking".  Maybe that's acceptable up there in them thar hills (I think you actually call it "courtin'"), but it tends to be looked down upon in most other places.  Poor Barbie, so lonely that he lashes out at people hoping to attract a stalker.  How sad.

Patriot

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: March 25, 2012, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

And EVERYBODY will notice you barbie. Every Time you encounter someone whom you are not able to intellectually spar with, you immediately

put them on block to hide your cowardly disposition. They don't come any phonier than you.  LOL

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: March 25, 2012, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Apparently you have a different definition of "slither away" than everyone else.  Then again, you also have a different definition of "civility" than everyone else.

But I think I've figured you out.  It seems someone's only allowed to call you out on your antics if they can get in immediately after you post.  Two problems with that.  One, not everyone has the time to hang out here 24/7 waiting for your next outburst.  Two, even if they did, where I come from, that's called "stalking".  Maybe that's acceptable up there in them thar hills (I think you actually call it "courtin'"), but it tends to be looked down upon in most other places.  Poor Barbie, so lonely that he lashes out at people hoping to attract a stalker.  How sad.

Oh my goodness gracious and heavens to betsy!

Tinkerbelle is in a snit!   LOL

--Edmund Burke

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7325 Posts
                          Posted: March 25, 2012, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering?
                          If we could play from home, how many states could we play?

Do they put the money into PayPal?Wink

Who's doing this now?

It won't happen overnight and most states will eventually have online play, but it won't be in any state. PB and MM are multi-state games but we can only cash tickets in the state where they were bought.

"Do they put the money into PayPal?"

They will probably use the same system as off track betting where players open accounts and fund them using regular credit/debit cards, PayPal, or other money transfer services. They probably will place minimum and maximum deposits too.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #86154
                            January 30, 2010
                            1649 Posts
                            Posted: March 25, 2012, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Wow, I'm finding more and more topics which I've elaborated on years ago...and this one is most interesting by far! Let's see, where do I start? Oh, I'll begin with piggy-backing off of rdgrnr's and four4me's posts early in this thread. Yes, it's very true that the government doesn't want us to have what I'll call a "true fairness" in this lottery deal and they take lots of pride in the monopoly of it thereof. It all goes back to the payouts which I've also discussed many, many times and how they're directly related to the odds. Right off the bat, state players are limited to playing with only 1/2 of the numbers which is what the $500 payout is derived from. Numbers and dollars go hand in hand here in the str8 sense.

Less than (500) numbers must be played in order to realize any profit...if you win. BIG IF. A boxed/str8 play makes it easier to win, but it costs more to play this way and a box only win will yield a lesser profit which I'm certain everyone knows. This is where the lotteries/governments get players in the long haul...with the payouts. If the payouts were higher, more numbers could be played more strategically and more consistent wins could be realized all across the board...GUARANTEED! Anytime more numbers can be played along with an intelligent approach, wins are absolutely certain and it happens *EVERYDAY.

Scenario two also supports more regular wins and consists of playing, as per this very topic, multiple states at a time and this increases a player's odds dramatically because at least one (1) of those states will alow them to win which will recover monies spent while still generating a profit. Best thing about this is that it allows more consistency with hits. This is why the government shuns companies that offer online gaming...because players see more of their money and more consistently. Also, this takes away from the local stores' sales which offer the Pick3/4 games, but they can still make plenty of money of the bigger games. However, the catch is that Pick3/4 are offered/ played pretty much everday and generate the bulk of revenues.

This is truly a Catch 22 type of deal. I know lots of players that are online and do very, very well for themselves...completely supplementing and sometimes surpassing their regeular incomes. They also do the right thing and assume taxes on their winnings which I believe is the key to being successful online and promotes the site's success as well. All the government wants is money in the end as I've learned over the years. Whether it's illegal or not is a toss up and becomes a wash in the big picture. A player having more and better opportunites to win consistently is always a good thing in my book.

There are definitely resources available to help a player win more money, and, recover monies lost in the past. But, they must learn "how" to play the game in order to be successful. All Uncle Sam wants is his share and as a long as he get's his check, he could care less what a player does. This topic is very interesting, again, and I hope others will really think about what their doing with their money. If you're playing for fun and don't care about losing most of the time, then carry on. If you're money conscious and want to win more...and consistently then you might wanna surf the internet for better opportunities.

Not trying to sway anyone or plug anyone, but money really isn't easy to come by this day and time and it needs to yield a return as often as possible, okay. You're already working for your money and I believe it should do the same for you...

L.L.