Welcome Guest
You last visited May 25, 2018, 4:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone have experience in buying the entire roll?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 6 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Belgium
Member #128218
May 19, 2012
96 Posts
Posted: May 26, 2012, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Do they allow you to buy a whole roll?  I never have hear that before.  Please let us know how it work out.

Of course, they allow you to buy a whole roll.  People do everything for money...  Smile

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2012, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Of course, they allow you to buy a whole roll.  People do everything for money...  Smile

Does every store allow it?

I know the Jacksons stores here require you to buy in order the next ticket(s) poking out of the dispenser if you just want a few.  They used to pull from the tail end of the roll if the customer wanted them to, but no more.  I've never tried to buy a whole roll, but I suppose they might let you skip what's in the dispenser if you were investing that much.

Lexi26's avatar - image
      Love my dogs:))Dog Mom
      USA
      United States
      Member #129081
      June 9, 2012
      2348 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2012, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

I live in Ny and I also bought a few rolls ($5.) They cost $500.00 each here.  I never won back more than $150/$160 . Confused  I had better luck buying random tickets from different rolls.

Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #109275
        April 9, 2011
        1566 Posts
        Posted: June 19, 2012, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I live in Ny and I also bought a few rolls ($5.) They cost $500.00 each here.  I never won back more than $150/$160 . Confused  I had better luck buying random tickets from different rolls.

Wow. I thought PA was bad. Our $5 rolls are $300 and the usual payout is 150-160. I have never broken even a roll before. I still buy them occasionally, but I never seem to get the roll with the $500+ winner

Lexi26's avatar - image
          Love my dogs:))Dog Mom
          USA
          United States
          Member #129081
          June 9, 2012
          2348 Posts
          Posted: June 21, 2012, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

As a follow up to my post  , I asked a few store retailers if anyone hit the $500. Or $1000 or higher prize in that particular game I was buying ( Million Dollar Scratch) ,so far NO WINNERS ON LI , NY ) people in my area gave up, bc all you get is random $ 5, $10, $20.  I'm guessing the lottery is waiting to release the prizes .  All,I know it was not in my rolls I purchased ! Unhappy

loonasee2's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Habitual Player
            Syracuse
            United States
            Member #95128
            August 4, 2010
            16657 Posts
            Posted: June 21, 2012, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

In NY one year at Christmas,NYL had six two dollar tickets wrapped in foil packs for ten dollars a pack 500.00 a roll .I bought a roll ,...usually a winner every fourth pack ,........one time ten packs before a hit.When all said and done I  made a hundred and twenty five dollars.After all that scratching and unwrapping,I waited for summer to watch the grass grow.lol If I do this again it will be twenty dollar tickets,I've had some really nice hits with those tickets.

US FlagIf it takes money to be happy , your search for happiness will never end .

RedStang's avatar - laughing chimp.gif
              NY
              United States
              Member #121961
              January 21, 2012
              3166 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2012, 12:50 am - IP Logged

As a follow up to my post  , I asked a few store retailers if anyone hit the $500. Or $1000 or higher prize in that particular game I was buying ( Million Dollar Scratch) ,so far NO WINNERS ON LI , NY ) people in my area gave up, bc all you get is random $ 5, $10, $20.  I'm guessing the lottery is waiting to release the prizes .  All,I know it was not in my rolls I purchased ! Unhappy

The retailers get a list of winners. Ask and try to look at it if you can. The last one i looked at had two sheets of winners. Surprised me that people actually win some nice prizes. Seems like they print one top prize until someone hits it, then they print another.

Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #129565
                June 22, 2012
                3 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2012, 9:58 am - IP Logged

I sell the lottery in my store in GA and we have several customers who buy books. All books come in $300 totals. So $1 tix there are 300 tix, $10 tix there are 30 etc. etc. etc. The new $20 ticket that comes out this tuesday is moving to $600 rolls, or 30 tickets. In my experience from selling the tickets and talking to the guys who buy the books, they pretty much lose on 90% of the books. There have been a few nice hits but nothing over $1000 on a single winner. You have to realize that the Lottery makes a TON of money selling the lotto and ur odds on the larger tickets are typically 1:3 or 1:4. We have a regular player who comes in, buys 5 tickets in a row of whatever hes playing, doesnt matter if its a $1 ticket or a $20 ticket and goes about it that way. If he buys 5 $2 tix ($10 investment) and returns $12, HE STOPS. You might say "$2?? I dont play to just win $2!" Then you buy more tickets and you lose your entire initial investment. The key is STOPPING once ur ahead. I can't even tell you how many times I have sold a $10 ticket, the player won $50 then he/she bought $50 more of tickets! That makes no sense. Why are you playing the lottery if when you win, you gamble away the winnings? Take the money you won and move on. The more you play the more your going to lose. Its simple odds. Get in, get out and come back the next day. The genteleman I referenced earlier has prob won no more than $10-$15 total over the time he has played at my store and is possibly even down a little BUT he has played a lot of tickets and not lost his shirt. One day he might hit $1000 or $5000 or hell maybe even $100,000 you never know

SE PA
                  United States
                  Member #93582
                  July 3, 2010
                  1924 Posts
                  Posted: June 22, 2012, 11:53 am - IP Logged

I have tried 2 rolls now. Highlights of each one:

Lucky Cherry Slots $5 game (got it last May)

- returned $205

- 14 winners

- highest win was $50

- longest streak of losing tickets: 11

My grade for the roll: B

Hot Ticket $5 game (got it this May)

- returned $150

- 13 winners

- highest win was $40 (happened twice)

- no $20 wins at all

- longest streak of losing tickets: also 11

My grade for the roll: C-

SE PA
                    United States
                    Member #93582
                    July 3, 2010
                    1924 Posts
                    Posted: June 22, 2012, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

I have tried 2 rolls now. Highlights of each one:

Lucky Cherry Slots $5 game (got it last May)

- returned $205

- 14 winners

- highest win was $50

- longest streak of losing tickets: 11

My grade for the roll: B

Hot Ticket $5 game (got it this May)

- returned $150

- 13 winners

- highest win was $40 (happened twice)

- no $20 wins at all

- longest streak of losing tickets: also 11

My grade for the roll: C-

Correction: there were 15 winners in the Lucky Cherry Slots roll

dallascowboyfan's avatar - chi
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6354 Posts
                      Posted: June 27, 2012, 5:44 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP Lexi26 & mcdonacr......Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908