Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

20/20 Special Lotto Frenzy: Be Careful What You Wish For

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Jill34786.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #77815
August 1, 2009
3460 Posts
Posted: March 30, 2012, 7:53 am - IP Logged

Tonight on ABC there be a special about the largest jacpot in history. Mega Millions mania… one of the largest jackpots in history — now estimated at a staggering half a billion dollars – is up for grabs on Friday night.  But does winning all of that money really buy happiness?  Right before the live lotto drawing at 11 pm on Friday, “20/20″ looks at past lottery winners and losers, as well as the scammers and swindlers who vie for a slice of the winner’s pie.  Why do so many lottery winners end up broke?  What about the office pool?  Can you play the odds to win?  Anchored by Barbara Walters with reports from Dan Harris, Jay Schadler, John Berman, Nick Watt and Cecilia Vega, “Lotto Frenzy: Be Careful What You Wish For” airs on “20/20″ on FRIDAY, MARCH 30 (10:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

I bet the lottery officials who run the Powerball are regretting they raised the price to $2. They will never get this kind of publicity for Powerball. Remember A Dollar and A Dream.

Guess Who's Back?

mrsinful's avatar - gambling problem.jpg
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #66774
    November 5, 2008
    319 Posts
    Posted: March 30, 2012, 8:22 am - IP Logged

Tonight on ABC there be a special about the largest jacpot in history. Mega Millions mania… one of the largest jackpots in history — now estimated at a staggering half a billion dollars – is up for grabs on Friday night.  But does winning all of that money really buy happiness?  Right before the live lotto drawing at 11 pm on Friday, “20/20″ looks at past lottery winners and losers, as well as the scammers and swindlers who vie for a slice of the winner’s pie.  Why do so many lottery winners end up broke?  What about the office pool?  Can you play the odds to win?  Anchored by Barbara Walters with reports from Dan Harris, Jay Schadler, John Berman, Nick Watt and Cecilia Vega, “Lotto Frenzy: Be Careful What You Wish For” airs on “20/20″ on FRIDAY, MARCH 30 (10:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

I bet the lottery officials who run the Powerball are regretting they raised the price to $2. They will never get this kind of publicity for Powerball. Remember A Dollar and A Dream.

Hey win500quick thank you so much for the info.

I will watch it and dvr it. This is history you know.

I also want to wish the best of luck to all tonight

on the big drawing. I hope someone from LP gets

it.Smile

Rehab is for quitters.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2012, 8:48 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the info Win....Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

NH
        United States
        Member #83352
        December 5, 2009
        223 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2012, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

I agree that Powerball might just be second guessing the price raise to $2...However, if there is ever a game that could go to 1 Billion, it just might be Powerball.

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
          British Columbia
          Canada
          Member #116101
          September 4, 2011
          4033 Posts
          Posted: March 30, 2012, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

will have to remember to watch tonite...thx WIN Hurray!

"You have to be in it to win it!"

Stormiela's avatar - 170px 051Dugtrio.png
            Phoenix, AZ
            United States
            Member #120254
            December 14, 2011
            91 Posts
            Posted: March 30, 2012, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Sweet, I will definitley tune in.

Thanks for the info, last time there was a special I missed it.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: March 30, 2012, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

I bet the lottery officials who run the Powerball are regretting they raised the price to $2.

Really? http://www.musl.com/musl_games.html

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

NoShame's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #104853
                January 21, 2011
                159 Posts
                Posted: March 30, 2012, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

I'm bumping this up as a reminder, though I probably won't be checking my tickets till tomorrow.  It'll be a long day of sorting out the few bucks I won from the couple hundred I'll be losing.  Oh well. Big Grin

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                  Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #123290
                  February 17, 2012
                  3052 Posts
                  Posted: March 30, 2012, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

8 minutes till showtime!! lol

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6290 Posts
                    Posted: March 30, 2012, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

watching it now......

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      Florida
                      United States
                      Member #77815
                      August 1, 2009
                      3460 Posts
                      Posted: March 30, 2012, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

20/20 did a good job putting together a great special at the last minute. I was not shock when I saw Joe the Nascar millionaire has already blown through half of his winnings in less than three years. I don't know what to think about the lady who gave away a winning ticket worth $260,000 to a stranger on camera. Good luck everyone on tonight's drawing.

Guess Who's Back?

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                        Dallas, TX
                        United States
                        Member #60284
                        April 12, 2008
                        3856 Posts
                        Posted: March 31, 2012, 12:59 am - IP Logged

Watching it on youtube atm.

NH
                          United States
                          Member #83352
                          December 5, 2009
                          223 Posts
                          Posted: March 31, 2012, 1:10 am - IP Logged

20/20 did a good job putting together a great special at the last minute. I was not shock when I saw Joe the Nascar millionaire has already blown through half of his winnings in less than three years. I don't know what to think about the lady who gave away a winning ticket worth $260,000 to a stranger on camera. Good luck everyone on tonight's drawing.

The Nascar guy will be broke in 5 years. He sounds like he is in total denial about his spending. You could tell that B. Walters was looking at him like "dude, your about to go broke"...

NH
                            United States
                            Member #83352
                            December 5, 2009
                            223 Posts
                            Posted: March 31, 2012, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Looked pretty obvious on camera that she bought the tickets and handed them to the people behind her. I've seen this done so many times where people buy a couple tickets for the people in line. And the icing on the cake is the store owner/worker saying she's lying. I bet she's done many times. Probably buys the clerks tickets all the time.

Left Coast
                              United States
                              Member #122298
                              January 28, 2012
                              125 Posts
                              Posted: March 31, 2012, 7:27 am - IP Logged

I enjoyed the 20/20 special. It was like watching the pages of LotteryPost come to life. Sort of like when a book you like gets made into a movie and you can't wait to see who is cast in what roles.