Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

20/20 Special Lotto Frenzy: Be Careful What You Wish For

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Jill34786.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2012, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

Whitaker was asking for it going to strip clubs and keeping hundreds of thousands dollars in the trunk of his car.

I though the 20/20 special was pretty interesting, especially showing it with the record setting jackpot drawing coming up and a countdown clock until the drawing.

People need to realize what other people are capable of if you hit a jackpot.

The program really made me wish I lived in an anonymous state, should I ever hit.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
    TX
    United States
    Member #121193
    January 4, 2012
    1637 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2012, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

Whitaker was asking for it going to strip clubs and keeping hundreds of thousands dollars in the trunk of his car.

I though the 20/20 special was pretty interesting, especially showing it with the record setting jackpot drawing coming up and a countdown clock until the drawing.

The program really made me wish I lived in an anonymous state, should I ever hit.

Amen CT................Wouldn't that have been great to have one of those anon states produce a winner  ??....that would have wound up a few folks !!!!

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2012, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

According to tonight's news, only the Illiois winner has to come forward, not the case in Maryland or Kansas.

There are news crews in the town of Red Bud (Population 3,500) waiting for the winner to show up.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6290 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2012, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

According to tonight's news, only the Illiois winner has to come forward, not the case in Maryland or Kansas.

There are news crews in the town of Red Bud (Population 3,500) waiting for the winner to show up.

"There are news crews in the town of Red Bud (Population 3,500) waiting for the winner to show up."      that's crazy CT....

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: April 3, 2012, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Red Bud was on ABC's Nightline tonight.

They interviewed one guy who has been getting phone calls and texts congratulating him on being the winner and he said he didn't even buy a ticket.

If it was a local person that won it has to be driving them crazy knowing they've got a ticket worth that much in their hand and a news crew just waiting for them to show up.

Nightline also mentioned that in Kansas they don't evn reveal the name and location of the store where the winners are sold.

Lep

lottogenie's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            texas
            United States
            Member #2324
            September 15, 2003
            152 Posts
            Posted: April 3, 2012, 12:43 am - IP Logged

well im already broke so if i could be rich for awhile..ill take the risk of going broke later..:)

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: April 3, 2012, 1:46 am - IP Logged

I enjoyed the 20/20 special. It was like watching the pages of LotteryPost come to life. Sort of like when a book you like gets made into a movie and you can't wait to see who is cast in what roles.

heheh upon reading this thread, i dont get 20/20 here,  its like a reders digest condensed version of this place, i feel i already know all the characteras, and love and hate them.... well maily hate, because theyre morons, and display traits i despise; or fear displaying,  in myself.  nobody likes  looking in a mirror without make up on.

i gotta watch this 20 20 , my sister says she gets it and records it, so im gonna go watch when this appears.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Ga
                United States
                Member #120454
                December 20, 2011
                141 Posts
                Posted: April 3, 2012, 2:38 am - IP Logged

Completely agree with you guys.  I was shocked when they said he had burned through $20 million in 3 years.  THREE YEARS!!!  Other than the Nascar team (which I doubt is generating much money) I didn't hear him talk about any other businesses he was investing in.  I said its a good thing his wife still likes to clip coupons because in a few years, that's exactly what they'll need to be doing to stay afloat.

That girl who was crying over the ticket she had given away didn't really do anything for me.  Firsrt of all, I thought they were going to say she gave away a jackpot winning ticket...but nope it was $250,000.  And this was AFTER she had won $1 million dollars!  Girl please.  I believe she had given that guy the ticket as a gift as well.  Funny how she didn't realize she was missing the ticket until the guy came forward to claim the prize.

I know this might sound incredibly mean, but I'm tired of hearing about that Whittaker guy and him blaming the curse of the lottery for what happened.  Its his own stupidity that cause some of those issues in his life not the money.  I don't know why anyone would give a 17 year old a $2000  PER WEEK allowance AND 4 cars?  My niece is 16 and if I won the lottery I would buy her ONE car...a used one.  And give her like $100 per week.  She'd probably have to spend half that on gas anyway.

Yes he gets no sympathy from me. I've seen a few interviews from winners like him. I feel bad that his granddaughter died cause it wasn't her fault. But him he deserved to lose it all. didn't he lose over half a mil in cash at a strip club? Strange thing is I think he was the owner of a profitable concrete ompany before he won.

Elgin, IL
                  United States
                  Member #93542
                  July 2, 2010
                  318 Posts
                  Posted: April 3, 2012, 2:57 am - IP Logged

Yesterday on "The View" Babara said they had their highest ratings in 2 years. What was the point of showing that lady Jack Whittaker's story? You can lock me in a room with his story on repeat and I would still say, "What does that have to with me?" In other words, just because he made dumb decisions doesn't  mean I'm going to make dumb decisions. Though, I still think what happened to his granddaughter was a horrible tragedy. Any hardcore Country fans know the name of those two songs?

Elgin, IL
                    United States
                    Member #93542
                    July 2, 2010
                    318 Posts
                    Posted: April 3, 2012, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Yes he gets no sympathy from me. I've seen a few interviews from winners like him. I feel bad that his granddaughter died cause it wasn't her fault. But him he deserved to lose it all. didn't he lose over half a mil in cash at a strip club? Strange thing is I think he was the owner of a profitable concrete ompany before he won.

He was. He was a MILLIONAIRE before his big win.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #123290
                      February 17, 2012
                      3051 Posts
                      Posted: April 3, 2012, 4:44 am - IP Logged

The mother of his grandchild (his daughter) is also dead. She died of an overdose I believe.

Grandaughter boyfriend died in their house of an overdose (lawsuit settlement)

Grandaughter died, his daughter died, wife couldn't take it anymore and left, so that's half of the

money gone in the divorce.

As soon as he won business partners and people he contracted with started to sue, so he had to

defend himself to the tune of I think he said $3,000,000 to lawyers.

Just bad anyway you look at it but I doubt he's completely broke, just not as much as he should have,

had not all of these other bad things happen to him of which he caused.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40468 Posts
                        Posted: April 3, 2012, 10:33 am - IP Logged

I bet the lottery officials who run the Powerball are regretting they raised the price to $2.

Really? http://www.musl.com/musl_games.html

Yep,they thought they had the gravy train wrapped up.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40468 Posts
                          Posted: April 3, 2012, 10:35 am - IP Logged

The mother of his grandchild (his daughter) is also dead. She died of an overdose I believe.

Grandaughter boyfriend died in their house of an overdose (lawsuit settlement)

Grandaughter died, his daughter died, wife couldn't take it anymore and left, so that's half of the

money gone in the divorce.

As soon as he won business partners and people he contracted with started to sue, so he had to

defend himself to the tune of I think he said $3,000,000 to lawyers.

Just bad anyway you look at it but I doubt he's completely broke, just not as much as he should have,

had not all of these other bad things happen to him of which he caused.

Wow, so sad. I'll stick with the 3 digit, slow and steady.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

NJJim's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                            Bergen County NJ
                            United States
                            Member #104849
                            January 21, 2011
                            441 Posts
                            Posted: April 3, 2012, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Yes, Win$500Quick, the doubling the PB price was sheer greed.  They may have to reset it to $1 again.  They could have easily made the extra dollar count for a two bet minimum and left the odds alone, and still rake in huge profits.  But that's the thing when money is too easy to come by - they get to feel there is always more that can be squeezed out of the suckers willing to face such steep odds.  They figure we are not really expecting to win anyway.

Seems so simple: three digits, 168 to one odds when boxed... all you have to do is pick the right ones!

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                              Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                              United States
                              Member #50210
                              March 1, 2007
                              843 Posts
                              Posted: April 3, 2012, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

I believe that if you were to purchase a winning ticket in a nearby state that offered you the option to be anonymous, you could adhere to that statute even though you reside in a different state. I had purchased tickets in Maryland and had I been the fortunate ticket holder, the state would have been there to take 7.25% for non-residents...but I would have been granted my privacy.