Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Predictions Page

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 5 years ago by tntea.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Idaho
United States
Member #76087
June 18, 2009
859 Posts
Posted: April 25, 2012, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I hate asking stupid questions but I'm fairly new to this site and have some lingering questions regarding predictions posted. 

I play Pick 3.  I've looked over the "Predictions" page, always clicking for "Idaho", and it seems that a lot of members posting predictions there are posting the same numbers for multiple states.  Now, since the winning numbers are almost always going to be different from one state to the next, day by day (or evening by evening), how much accuracy can be expected?

Just talking money here, really.  With each ticket costing $1, I can't afford to play all of my ideas, let alone all the numbers on the Predictions page.  Or even a fraction of all those different numbers posted.  I've even watched to see which members happen to nail the winning numbers for my state, from one day to the next, but there seems to be no consistency there..... which, if this is posting for "all states", would explain it, I suppose.

So I guess I'm asking, is the Predictions page a resource, a guide, for helping you decide what you'll put your money on?  Is it useful to you?

La Maga Della Spaziometria

Idaho
    United States
    Member #76087
    June 18, 2009
    859 Posts
    Posted: April 25, 2012, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Thread got buried pretty fast, so... feedback, anyone?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: April 25, 2012, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

For many predictors, the prediction board is an experiment.  Some actually test their systems or prediction skills for an individual states while other just throw stuff out there to see if any of it sticks.  How you use it is up to you.  Obviously some players post more stuff they they would ever play so for them it's just for fun.

If you plan to use anyone's prediction, check their prediction statistics.  They are recalculated every day and usually those who just throw a lot of stuff out to see what sticks or post a lot of numbers for fun won't be among the top predictors which could help you decide if you really want to put any money on any of those predictions.

Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: April 25, 2012, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

its a good question...actually i think most people use the predictions page incorrectly...by default all states comes up first so maybe that has something to do with it...but i dont understand betting on all states, using the rational that theoretically numbers travel from state to state...i hit my straight in pick three acutally by accident...because i just wanted to play NY...

if you look at the cost of tickets played, then the predictions board becomes virtually useless. because nobody in their right mind spends 28,000 dollars in a year...to win 15,000, thats not how gambling works...

if you dont predict as you would bet in real life than you are really wasting your time making predictions...you dont help yourself...and you dont help others...in all reality...the entire predictions stats should be scrapped and start over from scratch, with members posting less numbers and less states...so truer stats appear.

as for RJoH...he has a very good prediction ratio lifetime and i admire that...and he doesn't play pick 3...he uses a super secret stealth formula based on random walk and multiple variable tracking...or maybe

he just has a very expensive dart board with nanotechnology guidance!!!Jester Laugh

Idaho
          United States
          Member #76087
          June 18, 2009
          859 Posts
          Posted: April 25, 2012, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Hey, thanks for the feedback, you guys.  There is still a lot I need to learn about this site as well as the prediction systems discussed here and there and offered as tools.  I've been working on my own systems for Pick 3 and Pick 5 for not-sure-how-many years, and I am always open to learning something new.  Tricks of the Trade, so to speak.

So, this RJoH fellow.... super stealth method.... hmm... I'll have to keep an eye on him.... Cool

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
            Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: April 25, 2012, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

I hate asking stupid questions but I'm fairly new to this site and have some lingering questions regarding predictions posted. 

I play Pick 3.  I've looked over the "Predictions" page, always clicking for "Idaho", and it seems that a lot of members posting predictions there are posting the same numbers for multiple states.  Now, since the winning numbers are almost always going to be different from one state to the next, day by day (or evening by evening), how much accuracy can be expected?

Just talking money here, really.  With each ticket costing $1, I can't afford to play all of my ideas, let alone all the numbers on the Predictions page.  Or even a fraction of all those different numbers posted.  I've even watched to see which members happen to nail the winning numbers for my state, from one day to the next, but there seems to be no consistency there..... which, if this is posting for "all states", would explain it, I suppose.

So I guess I'm asking, is the Predictions page a resource, a guide, for helping you decide what you'll put your money on?  Is it useful to you?

Imagine that you play 1-2-3.
            You play it in 20 different states the same day.
            You have 20 chances to hit with the same numbers.
            That's all.

Pick 3 offers you a 50% loss expectation.
            I guess that most players lose more than that.
            Good luck!

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40611 Posts
              Posted: April 25, 2012, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post GG, I don't see a thread for Idaho in the pick 3 forum, maybe you could start one and many daily predictors can post numbers for just that state, I t would reduce the number of numbers you have to pile through.

I would be happy to post for Idaho, good luck to you.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Idaho
                United States
                Member #76087
                June 18, 2009
                859 Posts
                Posted: April 25, 2012, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Imagine that you play 1-2-3.
                You play it in 20 different states the same day.
                You have 20 chances to hit with the same numbers.
                That's all.

Pick 3 offers you a 50% loss expectation.
                I guess that most players lose more than that.
                Good luck!

When you say play in 20 different states the same day, how does one do that?  Online ticket sales......?  This is something I've been wondering about too.

Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #76087
                  June 18, 2009
                  859 Posts
                  Posted: April 25, 2012, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post GG, I don't see a thread for Idaho in the pick 3 forum, maybe you could start one and many daily predictors can post numbers for just that state, I t would reduce the number of numbers you have to pile through.

I would be happy to post for Idaho, good luck to you.

Oh, hey - great idea, Sully!  Thanks!  I should do that.

Actually, I'm hoping I can win at least a hundred grand jackpot soon so I can stay home and fine tune my Pick 3 methods.  haha  Cos I love that game. 

By the way, I have seen your name on the Predictions page and have watched you pick the winner a couple of times.  Just in the time I've been watching.   :)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: April 25, 2012, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

its a good question...actually i think most people use the predictions page incorrectly...by default all states comes up first so maybe that has something to do with it...but i dont understand betting on all states, using the rational that theoretically numbers travel from state to state...i hit my straight in pick three acutally by accident...because i just wanted to play NY...

if you look at the cost of tickets played, then the predictions board becomes virtually useless. because nobody in their right mind spends 28,000 dollars in a year...to win 15,000, thats not how gambling works...

if you dont predict as you would bet in real life than you are really wasting your time making predictions...you dont help yourself...and you dont help others...in all reality...the entire predictions stats should be scrapped and start over from scratch, with members posting less numbers and less states...so truer stats appear.

as for RJoH...he has a very good prediction ratio lifetime and i admire that...and he doesn't play pick 3...he uses a super secret stealth formula based on random walk and multiple variable tracking...or maybe

he just has a very expensive dart board with nanotechnology guidance!!!Jester Laugh

No secret stealth formula or expensive dart board with nanotechnology, just plain tracking and analyzing my games of choices and only posting predictions that I actually play.  Every bad prediction is a personal felt lost for me since I play them too.  I've made some changes in my prediction strategy that I hopes will gain me some bragging rights plus some money for my pockets.

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: April 25, 2012, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

good luck to you RJ, because where your name is right now on the prediction list...is where my name is gonna be!

for my pick 5/39 i am now tracking the variable of 4/5 in last 6....and its due baby!!!Guitar

@serge...if you play 123, you should play 321 because that "should", "will", "may hit first in pick 3"

if you play 3.50 per draw...(thats 7 different numbers) then hopefully you will hit box within 10 draws and recoup your losses a little...

20 different numbers is too much...

unless you have a $5000 bankroll to play with.

skio's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
                        Ancona
                        Italy
                        Member #125985
                        April 1, 2012
                        570 Posts
                        Posted: April 26, 2012, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Hey, thanks for the feedback, you guys.  There is still a lot I need to learn about this site as well as the prediction systems discussed here and there and offered as tools.  I've been working on my own systems for Pick 3 and Pick 5 for not-sure-how-many years, and I am always open to learning something new.  Tricks of the Trade, so to speak.

So, this RJoH fellow.... super stealth method.... hmm... I'll have to keep an eye on him.... Cool

Hi ,your "Idaho Pick3" thread is indeed the only one dedicated to that state's lottery.

Keep posting on and even  explicitly write you're inviting anyone to post  numbers for Idaho ,that's a way to get in contact with other Idaho players and to have an useful sharings and tips,simply be patient...

Possibly after a while i myself will be able to contribute through indications based on position of digits ,a fertile research area which can give a huge help from time to time See Ya!Smiley

...so I find my lottery earnings much useful......because spendable !!ROFL

topnail's avatar - Lottery-021.jpg
                          Boise
                          United States
                          Member #127183
                          April 25, 2012
                          394 Posts
                          Posted: April 26, 2012, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

Hello every one

Im new and from Boise Idaho

Today pick 3 go with453 734 954

goodluckCheers

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: April 26, 2012, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Hello every one

Im new and from Boise Idaho

Today pick 3 go with453 734 954

goodluckCheers

Welcome and good luck topnail!       Lep

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: April 26, 2012, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

good luck to you RJ, because where your name is right now on the prediction list...is where my name is gonna be!

for my pick 5/39 i am now tracking the variable of 4/5 in last 6....and its due baby!!!Guitar

@serge...if you play 123, you should play 321 because that "should", "will", "may hit first in pick 3"

if you play 3.50 per draw...(thats 7 different numbers) then hopefully you will hit box within 10 draws and recoup your losses a little...

20 different numbers is too much...

unless you have a $5000 bankroll to play with.

Good luck to you too LottoBoner, my goal now is to do a lot better than just break even over time.

Evil Looking