Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What does it say on the back of your state's tickets?

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
Lavender Rocket

United States
Member #124616
March 16, 2012
2642 Posts
Posted: May 3, 2012, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Thinking of...

No Pity!don't worry<<D>>Lottery Post will give "U"

a string of pearl'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

if U win>>>>>>>>> JACKPOT$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Jack-in-the-Box

Psykomo - now THAT is incentive to play to win.  (Todd - great promotion you have going! lolol)

------------------

Rhode Island - the back is printed in REALLY tiny light red printing... so I have to get someone to read it to me while I type (sad to admit really)

IMPORTANT:  This Ticket is valid for draw date(s) shown.  Winners must claim prizes within one year following draw date(s).  All determinations of winners subject to the Rules & Regulations of The Rhode Island Lottery.  Not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.  Do not expose to prolonged periods of excessive heat or light.

PRIZE COLLECTION:  Winners may claim prizes of $599 or less by presenting their winning wager receipts(s) to any On-line Lottery Retailer.  Winners of more than $599 must claim their prizes at The Rhode Island Lottery Hqtrs.

Help is available for you or someone you know who has a gambling problem.  Call the problem gambling hotline sponsored by The Rhode Island Lottery at 1-877-bite-me (I may have gotten that number incorrectly transcribed... but maybe not).

lotsofwins's avatar - half planet.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #114703
    August 5, 2011
    4623 Posts
    Posted: May 3, 2012, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

In texas, it says sign ticket before claiming lotto texas, mega millions,  and powerball jackpots prizes, also any prize over $1,000 must  be claimed at the texas lottery headquarters..Prizes over 599 must be claimed at a claim center or by mail..to claim by mail, send signed ticket and completed claim for to the texas lottery headquarters ..the tlc is not responsible  for tickets lost in the mail:-) and prizes must be claimed 180 days after draw date..thats all

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3501 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2012, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

LOL, You beat me too it.  FYI coin. It also says all winners are subject to Ny laws,lottery rules&regulations. Nothing about interviews/media.

"Nothing about interviews/media."

Sounds like you didn't understand what they meant when they said "all winners are subject to Ny laws,lottery rules&regulations."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10392 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2012, 12:43 am - IP Logged

I don't have a Missouri ticket at the moment but this is from the Missouri Lottery website. Interesting as I don't think Missouri is listed as one of the anonymous states for PB and MM.

$5 Million Instant Lottery Prize Claimed

A $5 million top prize from the Missouri Lottery “$5,000,000 Cash Extravaganza” has been claimed. A lawyer representing Wisepenny Enterprises, LLC, claimed the prize on April 20.

The winning ticket was purchased at Discount Smoke Shop, 340 S. Sprigg St., in Cape Girardeau. Winners have the option of collecting the prize as an annuity or as a $3.1 million lump sum. Wisepenny Enterprises, LLC, is taking the cash prize. 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
          upstate NY
          United States
          Member #108791
          March 31, 2011
          549 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2012, 2:07 am - IP Logged

I know someone already summarized what's written on NY tickets, but here's the exact text:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This ticket is a bearer instrument.  You must be 18 years or older to purchase a New York Lottery ticket.  A prize up to and including $600 may be claimed and paid at any Retailer within 1 year of the drawing.  A Bonus Free Play must be claimed at a Retailer within 1 year of the drawing.  You may claim any cash prize at a Lottery Customer Service Center (see nylottery.org for locations), or complete this ticket by filling in the form below and mailing to:

New York Lottery
          P.O. Box 7533
          Schenectady, NY 12301-7533

All cash prizes must be claimed within one year of the drawing.  All tickets, transactions and winners are subject to New York State Laws and New York Lottery Rules and Regulations.

Underneath this is the aforementioned form with spaces for name, street address, city, state, zip, signature, and Social Security Number.

Underneath this is a box which reads "Results: nylottery.org" and a box which reads:

GAMBLING PROBLEM?
          24 hour confidential helpline
          1-877-8-HOPENY (Not a results line)

Patriot

Lavender Rocket

United States
            Member #124616
            March 16, 2012
            2642 Posts
            Posted: May 4, 2012, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

I know someone already summarized what's written on NY tickets, but here's the exact text:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This ticket is a bearer instrument.  You must be 18 years or older to purchase a New York Lottery ticket.  A prize up to and including $600 may be claimed and paid at any Retailer within 1 year of the drawing.  A Bonus Free Play must be claimed at a Retailer within 1 year of the drawing.  You may claim any cash prize at a Lottery Customer Service Center (see nylottery.org for locations), or complete this ticket by filling in the form below and mailing to:

New York Lottery
            P.O. Box 7533

All cash prizes must be claimed within one year of the drawing.  All tickets, transactions and winners are subject to New York State Laws and New York Lottery Rules and Regulations.

Underneath this is the aforementioned form with spaces for name, street address, city, state, zip, signature, and Social Security Number.

Underneath this is a box which reads "Results: nylottery.org" and a box which reads:

GAMBLING PROBLEM?

Schenectady? That would be quite the drive from NYC... Somehow I never considered anything really BEING in Schenectady every time I drive through it... but it's a far piece away.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: May 6, 2012, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

This is a kind of spinoff on PeteLawson's Claiming Anonymously thread.

What does it say on the back of your tickets in regard to claiming and press conferences and release of information?

One reply per state would do it, and would love to hear from those in the states that allow remaining anonymous.

Illinois:

This is part of the staement on the back of Illinois Lottery tickets:

Important Information

Players must be at least 18 years of age. This Lottery ticket is a bearer instrument, please sign immediately..........

......The holder of this ticket agrees to particiapte in interviews with Lottery public relations personnel and news media and grants permission to use his/her name and likeness in Lottery advertising. All Lottery tickets, transactions and winners are subject to applicable Illinois laws, Illinois lottery rules, and directives of the Lottery Superintendent.

TN reads:  Reading the back of this ticket voids ticket.

..... No , just kidding.  it has nothing about interviews.. just where to go to collect and it will follow rules outlined by TEL

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3857 Posts
                Posted: May 6, 2012, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Jersey

Chris Christie, Govenor

Kim Guadagno,Lt. Govenor

serial# 123456789

BENEFITS EDUCATION AND INSTITUTIONS

THANK YOU 

This ticket is valid only for the drawing date(s) on the front of this ticket.

All prizes must be claimed within one (1) year after the drawing date in which the prizes are won.

Liability for missprints or other errors is limited to refund or replacement.

Not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.

All tickets, transactions, drawings and prizes are subject to the rules and regulations of the new jersey state lottery commission.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #86154
                  January 30, 2010
                  1654 Posts
                  Posted: May 6, 2012, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

New York Lottery
                  P.O. Box 7533

GAMBLING PROBLEM?

Every single lottery ticket I've seen has this very first sentence written on it. I'm not sure why Arkansas even bothers having it on theirs...it means absolutely nothing as they've proven already.

L.L.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10392 Posts
                    Posted: May 6, 2012, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

tntea,

"TN reads:  Reading the back of this ticket voids ticket."

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Lavender Rocket

United States
                      Member #124616
                      March 16, 2012
                      2642 Posts
                      Posted: May 6, 2012, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

tntea,

"TN reads:  Reading the back of this ticket voids ticket."

Green laugh

lol - currently it seems that RI reads - SUCKER!

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                        Mcminnville, Oregon
                        United States
                        Member #3013
                        December 13, 2003
                        3094 Posts
                        Posted: May 6, 2012, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

I know in Oregon they want you to do the press conference and have your name plastered all over the news like the family that won the $345 powerball jackpot.  The news was at their house before the end of the day waiting to see them and talk to them.  You can not claim a trust in Oregon either the lottery frowns on that.  I will do the press conference if I can have the money though.-weshar75

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                          upstate NY
                          United States
                          Member #108791
                          March 31, 2011
                          549 Posts
                          Posted: May 7, 2012, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Schenectady? That would be quite the drive from NYC... Somehow I never considered anything really BEING in Schenectady every time I drive through it... but it's a far piece away.

Only to someone who's actually *from* NYC and whose concept of the universe ends at the Tappan Zee Bridge...

(Sorry about that.  There's a state of constant tension between the NYC metro area and the rest of the state; the former often forgets that there's a whole state north of the five boroughs, and the latter tires of being ignored by the city and the rest of the nation.)

Schenectady, like most cities in upstate NY, is still smarting from the urban flight that started in the '60s.  The current generation is finding more value in urban living, so our cities are slowly coming back, but slow doesn't even begin to describe it.  But yeah, it can certainly seem empty at times.  And besides, it's not that far from Albany, it's not like it's in the middle of nowhere.

I've never been inside the Lottery's headquarters, but I've been by it a few times as it's just down the street from a performing arts theater (as opposed to a movie theater).  Last time I was out there, I saw what appeared to be a ground-floor TV studio that was set up for a drawing (I don't recall which game).  I don't know whether that's the main studio or an auxiliary one.

Anyway, that's just HQ.  There are customer service centers all over the state, so any potential winners aren't too terribly far from an office that they can walk into.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: May 7, 2012, 9:46 am - IP Logged

Only to someone who's actually *from* NYC and whose concept of the universe ends at the Tappan Zee Bridge...

(Sorry about that.  There's a state of constant tension between the NYC metro area and the rest of the state; the former often forgets that there's a whole state north of the five boroughs, and the latter tires of being ignored by the city and the rest of the nation.)

Schenectady, like most cities in upstate NY, is still smarting from the urban flight that started in the '60s.  The current generation is finding more value in urban living, so our cities are slowly coming back, but slow doesn't even begin to describe it.  But yeah, it can certainly seem empty at times.  And besides, it's not that far from Albany, it's not like it's in the middle of nowhere.

I've never been inside the Lottery's headquarters, but I've been by it a few times as it's just down the street from a performing arts theater (as opposed to a movie theater).  Last time I was out there, I saw what appeared to be a ground-floor TV studio that was set up for a drawing (I don't recall which game).  I don't know whether that's the main studio or an auxiliary one.

Anyway, that's just HQ.  There are customer service centers all over the state, so any potential winners aren't too terribly far from an office that they can walk into.

Performing Arts Theatre? I knew it. You're one of them ballet dancers, ain'tcha boy?

I've hated ballet ever since I was in school and they put a question on a test about ballet and I got it wrong.

The question asked what "The Nutcracker" was (which I know now is a Russian Ballet).

Welp, I answered that "The Nutcracker" was what the boys in gym class called what happened to you when you slipped on the balance beam.

I've hated ballet ever since.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                              TX
                              United States
                              Member #121193
                              January 4, 2012
                              1637 Posts
                              Posted: May 7, 2012, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Think thats a drive ???...Try being down in the Keys and having to drive all the way to Tallahassee .. over 11 hrs drive time.......although the drive would be worth it.....

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way