Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What does it say on the back of your state's tickets?

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Stack47.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
42040 Posts
Posted: May 7, 2012, 11:20 am - IP Logged

Mich....ROTFMALO, WRONG...RMLOAFT ...Stikk wrong...FLOAMTAO...YIKES

ROTHLMAO, NOPE.....YELP, I mean help

ROTFLMAO, THERE WE GO.

HyperBe Happy.

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7713 Posts
    Posted: May 7, 2012, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

It says, "Chances are this isn't a winner but thanks for playing anyway."

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      North Carolina
      United States
      Member #64582
      September 1, 2008
      347 Posts
      Posted: May 8, 2012, 9:49 am - IP Logged

I'm glad you started this thread, Coin Toss, as I've always wondered too.

North Carolina:

"All tickets, transactions, drawings, winners, and prizes are subject to North Carolina Education Lottery (NCEL) rules and regulations, and applicable law. Ticket purchasers must be at least 18 years old. Please sign - the ticket is a bearer instrument until signed. All online game prizes must be claimed within 180 days of the drawing in accordance with NCEL Prize Payment Policy."

However, NC keeps changing their website. They used to have a sentence about how you do not have to get your photo taken when you pick up your money, but that's no longer on the site. Neither is the comment they used to have about LLC's were allowed in most instances. So my question is - are those still allowed and they just don't want to advertise it anymore? Or have the rules changed?

Personally, I go to the website and copy/save the rules once a year so I can see the changes.

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10391 Posts
        Posted: May 8, 2012, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Good points, dk1421.

Maybe NC is making the rules up as they go along and people win.....also known as 'dirty pool'.

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7343 Posts
          Posted: May 8, 2012, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

This is a kind of spinoff on PeteLawson's Claiming Anonymously thread.

What does it say on the back of your tickets in regard to claiming and press conferences and release of information?

One reply per state would do it, and would love to hear from those in the states that allow remaining anonymous.

Illinois:

This is part of the staement on the back of Illinois Lottery tickets:

Important Information

Players must be at least 18 years of age. This Lottery ticket is a bearer instrument, please sign immediately..........

......The holder of this ticket agrees to particiapte in interviews with Lottery public relations personnel and news media and grants permission to use his/her name and likeness in Lottery advertising. All Lottery tickets, transactions and winners are subject to applicable Illinois laws, Illinois lottery rules, and directives of the Lottery Superintendent.

"The (add state name) Lottery game rules and regulations and (add state name) state law apply to all games, tickets, transactions, drawings, and prizes"

When I posted that on the other thread, it was almost verbatim what is printed on the back of Kentucky Lottery tickets. It's interesting that on the back of almost every state lottery ticket it says basically the same thing. There is a discussion about a player finding a $1 million flawed ticket in the News Forum, 2200 flawed tickets are out there, but on the back of each of those tickets it says "game rules and regulations apply to all tickets".

If a 94-year-old Massachusetts woman can't win a lawsuit to get the cash value of a $5.4 million Megabucks jackpot annuity, who can win a lawsuit against any lottery?