Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Saving Lottery Lines To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Jackpot Without Spending More Money.

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11983 Posts
Posted: May 7, 2012, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

I am a big fan of buying 1 quick pick ticket per drawing, but it is fun to play 10 lines in a single drawing because of the anticipation of checking 10 lines instead of a single line in 10 separate drawings.I do not play for 10 drawings in order to play 10 lines in a single drawing without spending extra money.

The only drawback is the lost opportunity of winning in the drawings that I missed in order to save 10 lines for a single drawing.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7325 Posts
    Posted: May 8, 2012, 9:28 am - IP Logged

I am a big fan of buying 1 quick pick ticket per drawing, but it is fun to play 10 lines in a single drawing because of the anticipation of checking 10 lines instead of a single line in 10 separate drawings.I do not play for 10 drawings in order to play 10 lines in a single drawing without spending extra money.

The only drawback is the lost opportunity of winning in the drawings that I missed in order to save 10 lines for a single drawing.

If you're buying QPs, you'll never know if you missed hitting the jackpot on drawings you're sitting out. So it shouldn't make any difference if you sit out nine straight and purchase 10 QPs on for the tenth drawing. Besides very few drawings produce jackpot winners and unless you have knowledge of which drawing will hit one, you're always taking a chance and the chances of one ticket winning a jackpot (1 in over 175 million) are the same in every drawing.

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11983 Posts
      Posted: May 8, 2012, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

If you're buying QPs, you'll never know if you missed hitting the jackpot on drawings you're sitting out. So it shouldn't make any difference if you sit out nine straight and purchase 10 QPs on for the tenth drawing. Besides very few drawings produce jackpot winners and unless you have knowledge of which drawing will hit one, you're always taking a chance and the chances of one ticket winning a jackpot (1 in over 175 million) are the same in every drawing.

"If you're buying QPs, you'll never know if you missed hitting the jackpot on drawings you're sitting out. So it shouldn't make any difference if you sit out nine straight and purchase 10 QPs on for the tenth drawing. Besides very few drawings produce jackpot winners and unless you have knowledge of which drawing will hit one, you're always taking a chance and the chances of one ticket winning a jackpot (1 in over 175 million) are the same in every drawing."

Your post summarizes the main point of most of the threads that I have written Stack47. Great post, Thank you.

US Flag

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11983 Posts
        Posted: May 8, 2012, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

My logic is to prove Thriftys system wrong by playing all 10 lines on every draw until I win the jackpot. If I transfer the original 10 QP numbers and keep playing them for the rest of my life are they still QP numbers?

You do not understand the main point of my system PLAYING THE LOTTERY LESS OFTEN FOR MORE LINES.

Let me explain it in details one more time.Lets say that you spend $5 every week playing the lottery, and you want to increase your chances of winning in a single drawing without spending extra money.

You can actually spend $20 monthly in a single lottery drawing to have more chances of winning. You save the $20 by not playing the lottery for 4 weeks ( $5 * 4 WEEKS ). 

PLAYING THE LOTTERY LESS OFTEN FOR MORE LINES  can be use in any drawing to increase your chances of winning without spending extra money.

Lets say that you buy 1 Powerball ticket in every drawing. You can actually increase that to 2 tickets per drawing if you play every other drawing without spending extra money.

$5 in every Mega Millions drawing becomes $10 in a single MM drawing if you skip a drawing without spending extra money.

$10 in every Powerball drawing becomes $20 in a single PB drawing if you skip a drawing without spending extra money.

US Flag

NY
          United States
          Member #127621
          May 5, 2012
          19 Posts
          Posted: May 8, 2012, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

23 32 33 39 43 - 08QP<p>

this combo would not have been chosen by any human. <p>

A)1st # is 23.<p>

B) next is a double of 32 33... why would anyone choose to double and then continue with another # in the 30's.<p> 

C)last # is not too far from 39.<p>Ifcourse, to end it off you need an 8. Thus proving QPs are a good way to play the Lottery.<p>Ifcourse, I would have played 5 QPs, and then 5 self picks #s which did not come up.<p>To sum up, it's all dumb luck. No system, no wheelings, nothing can help or improve your chance of winning.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
            Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1649 Posts
            Posted: May 8, 2012, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

I absolutely agree with you on this, Stack. In one of my past posts, I even mentioned how I discard any QP's from a previous draw, that I don't play again, so I won't have to check them against any drawings I missed. This is to prevent any "mental devastation" in case one of those tickets actually hits the jackpot...and I didn't play it. See, this is what sets QP's and "dedicated self picked" numbers apart. If a player has a dedicated set of numbers, which they're devoted to, then they're absolutely obligated to play them on pretty much every single draw. Why? Because the minute they don't play them, they're very likely to hit.

This is why I stay away from dedicated numbers...always have and always will. Let us examine the lady from Virginia that won twice on her numbers. If you'll go back and read the article carefully, she explains the significance of those numbers and how she's always played them. Just think if she hadn't played them, like she almost did, and saw what happened. TMD (Total Mental Devastation). 

There's a rhyme and reason for everything I say and do in life...

L.L.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: May 10, 2012, 10:13 am - IP Logged

Let me explain it in details one more time.Lets say that you spend $5 every week playing the lottery, and you want to increase your chances of winning in a single drawing without spending extra money.

You can actually spend $20 monthly in a single lottery drawing to have more chances of winning. You save the $20 by not playing the lottery for 4 weeks ( $5 * 4 WEEKS ).

In the second paragraph you left out the words"in a single drawing"

Your "system" does not make OVERALL chances better.

Your chances are better only on that one draw, and reduced to zero on the other draws.

That sounds like a great system for a "thrifty" but I'm an elephant and want to increase my OVERALL chances, and play $10. on every single draw.

And I dont ever want to see the winning numbers, so I take my card (after 10 weeks) and run it under the scanner to see if its a winner.

So now you understand MY POINT, instead of spending a thrifty $1. on 10 draws Im spending an elephant $100. on 10 draws and my OVERALL chances of winning the jackpot are 100 times greater than yours. 

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: May 10, 2012, 10:23 am - IP Logged

I check my card after 10 draws (not 10 weeks). 10 weeks, 10 draws, no big deal. Either way, my time horizon for winning is still going to be somewhere within the next 28,000 years.

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11983 Posts
                  Posted: May 10, 2012, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

In the second paragraph you left out the words"in a single drawing"

Your "system" does not make OVERALL chances better.

Your chances are better only on that one draw, and reduced to zero on the other draws.

That sounds like a great system for a "thrifty" but I'm an elephant and want to increase my OVERALL chances, and play $10. on every single draw.

And I dont ever want to see the winning numbers, so I take my card (after 10 weeks) and run it under the scanner to see if its a winner.

So now you understand MY POINT, instead of spending a thrifty $1. on 10 draws Im spending an elephant $100. on 10 draws and my OVERALL chances of winning the jackpot are 100 times greater than yours. 

THE SHOTGUN PLAYING METHOD TO WINNING A LOTTERY JACKPOT.

HITTING THE TARGET.

"when a shotgun is fired all those pellets that are crammed into the cartridge spread out so it's easier to hit the target."

Daniel Bruckner won a Mega Millions jackpot on December 27, 2011 with the $10 Mega Millions ticket below.

WARNING!            WARNING!               WARNING!

PLAYING THE LOTTERY MORE OFTEN FOR MORE LINES=  SPENDING MORE MONEY=  GAMBLING ADDICTION.

US Flag   White Bounce GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

US Flag

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5615 Posts
                    Posted: May 10, 2012, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

THE SHOTGUN PLAYING METHOD TO WINNING A LOTTERY JACKPOT.

HITTING THE TARGET.

"when a shotgun is fired all those pellets that are crammed into the cartridge spread out so it's easier to hit the target."

Daniel Bruckner won a Mega Millions jackpot on December 27, 2011 with the $10 Mega Millions ticket below.

WARNING!            WARNING!               WARNING!

PLAYING THE LOTTERY MORE OFTEN FOR MORE LINES=  SPENDING MORE MONEY=  GAMBLING ADDICTION.

US Flag   White Bounce GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

Thrifty....

Don't know how old you are, but, back in the day there used to be contraptions called "record players". They were things that had what was called a "turntable". You would take a vinyl disc that had tiny grooves cut in it and put it on the turntable. You then would put a long arm that had what was called a "needle" on the end of it onto the "record". The turntable would turn the record around and around, and it would play music. Occasionally, the needle would get knocked across the record, and it would scratch the grooves in the record. When this happened, the record was ruined. When the needle would hit the scratch in the grooves, it would play the same thing over and over where the scratch was, being unable to continue to the end of the record. This was called a "broken record".

Thrifty.... old buddy old pal....

you have a big scratch and you are a "broken record".

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: May 11, 2012, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Hoping your methods lead to some giant mouth watering jackpots Boner!   Cheers     Best of luck to you.  Lep

Thanks McG!! Lep

I have been tweeking my cold period count for the pick 3 game...took me a half hour for each position up to Jan 1, 2012...

we shall see how it goes...

when time permits i will explain it in my blog...

the pick 5 is becoming exceedingly elusive and depressing...i figure  $1000 per week in pick 3 may be a more attainable goal...if the cold count is reliable...

Sun Smiley

@thrifty....Stop