Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many people just buy one ticket for MM and PB?

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Litebets27.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:40 am - IP Logged

I have been playing the same line for the past 10 years. I often get bored with one line and play extra lines knowing that the time horizon for winning the jp with one line is around 30,000 years.

The trouble with playing more lines is the fact that even if you played 100 lines per draw you could still be waiting up the 3000 years to hit a jp.

The good news is that if your holding a valid ticket lightning can strike and you can win on any drawing.

The phrase "you cant win if you dont play" is an advertising slogan that creates support for the state lotteries.

While it is true that you cant win (the lottery) if you dont play (the lottery) 

It is also true that "only the stupid pay stupid tax".

Though I agree that the timeline for someone winning the jackpot could be years or never even winning I try to have some hope for that miracle. I tend not to be the most optimistic person (that could be due to having had depression since I was a kid) yet at the same time I hold onto my dream of not having to work at my job where I'm not treated well and pay is not good, okay realize I would have to win an awful lot not to work and would be happy winning any decent amount.

United States
    Member #122468
    February 1, 2012
    530 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:47 am - IP Logged

i always liked to buy 5 lines/$5 dollars of tickets for MM or PB.  that was until they changed the price of powerball.  now i will buy 1 or 2 lines.  tonight i bought only 1 line.   i used to think you cant have a good chance of winning with one ticket, but it doesnt really matter how many powerball tickets ive bought since january, i think i won 3 dollars one time in that many months.  so yeah, im not wasting a bunch of money, ill just buy 1 line so i can be in the game.

So you use to buy 5 lines for MM or PB, that seems to be what I hear many people doing.  Think it's sensible about buying the 1 line to still be in the game as you stated. Since people can play for years and not win anything it wasn't uncommon for you not to have won more than the 3 dollars since you were playing since January but you never know what might be around the corner for you!  Now tonight I might splurge and buy 2 tickets for PB since jackpot is high.

United States
      Member #122468
      February 1, 2012
      530 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Me! I usually buy one quick pick ticket per drawing. I always get the MP, never get the PP.

There are some days like today though where I like to choose my own #s. See if that brings me any dough in :)

Seems the only difference between us is that I get both the MP and the PP when I play on my one ticket. Sometimes when I try to pick my numbers it can take me along time to decide (maybe it's my OCD) and therefore most of the time do QP's.

United States
        Member #122468
        February 1, 2012
        530 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2012, 11:54 am - IP Logged

I buy 5 lines QP, but not every drawing. I still buy 5 even after the price increase. I hit for $7 last week with 2+PB.

Guess the 5 dollars didn't stop you from buying 5 lines just not doing every draw. Congrats on your 7 dollar win. I really wish the amounts of the lower prizes were higher.

Litebets27's avatar - power
          Maryland
          United States
          Member #10465
          January 14, 2005
          6065 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2012, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

I'm getting pretty bored with both games.

I use to play both pretty heavy.

Now i'm down to playing one Powerball and one to five Mega Millions.

I'm not playing every game.

It seems that the idea of winning a Jackpot has kind of fizzled.

So...good luck to all who continue to play...Thumbs Up

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!