Welcome Guest
You last visited November 21, 2017, 12:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are YOU in a Lottery Pool?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 5 years ago by uklotteryplayer.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Bahamas
Member #114685
August 5, 2011
422 Posts
Posted: May 17, 2012, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Are you in a lottery pool? Do you have terms of agreement and operation in writing? How much have you won in any one drawing? Do you forsee any drama if you hit the big jackpot?

"Freedom of Speech? Keep reading and you will discover that freedom comes at a price!"

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    4112 Posts
    Posted: May 17, 2012, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Yes, i'am, the other members are me and myself.

we did't write out an agreement or rules because we all agree on everything,

and will split it in three even shares. LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: May 17, 2012, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Are you in a lottery pool? Do you have terms of agreement and operation in writing? How much have you won in any one drawing? Do you forsee any drama if you hit the big jackpot?

i used to be in a work pool...nothing was signed...but everybody who played got a copy of the tickets...either on paper, or in pdf...

its good in pdf so that way the "pool heads" can make specific mailing lists for certain people...all admissible in court if need be.

i quit the pool when they decided to overthrow my idea for a $50 wheel...

with $50 in quick pics...

i think if you have pool it would be a good idea to have all the members in the pool take a group photo...

have a list of names...have each person sign next to there name...

so if you have to go in front of the judge you could be like...hey...he is not in our pool...look, he is not in the photo...and also his name is not on the list.. and there is no signature...

that would be a first step

i trusted all the people from work...i did not anticipate any drama...

Bahamas
        Member #114685
        August 5, 2011
        422 Posts
        Posted: May 17, 2012, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

i used to be in a work pool...nothing was signed...but everybody who played got a copy of the tickets...either on paper, or in pdf...

its good in pdf so that way the "pool heads" can make specific mailing lists for certain people...all admissible in court if need be.

i quit the pool when they decided to overthrow my idea for a $50 wheel...

with $50 in quick pics...

i think if you have pool it would be a good idea to have all the members in the pool take a group photo...

have a list of names...have each person sign next to there name...

so if you have to go in front of the judge you could be like...hey...he is not in our pool...look, he is not in the photo...and also his name is not on the list.. and there is no signature...

that would be a first step

i trusted all the people from work...i did not anticipate any drama...

Did you guys play every drawing or when the annuity dollar value got to a certain level?

"Freedom of Speech? Keep reading and you will discover that freedom comes at a price!"

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: May 17, 2012, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

sheesh you could not pry a dollar from there cold stingy hands until the jack reached at least 250 million...

when you heard people talking about the jackpot you knew it was time to get ready...

we didnt win much...

everybody had copies of the tickets...i only checked the mega ball...if the mega ball did not win then it didnt really matter the rest of the line.. i would glance at the line to see if min 2 scored...

its a real pain to collect money though...

its like he gave 1 dollar...he gave 2 dollar...the other person gave 3 dollars...

in that situation i would also say that there should be a clause where the payouts are prorated based on how much is put in.

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: May 17, 2012, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

one challenge with lottery pools is the quantity of tickets...

who is gonna fill out say 20 or 50 playslips...

you would need computer help and printed playslips...

i know that illegal someplaces...but the clerks dont really check...

Bahamas
              Member #114685
              August 5, 2011
              422 Posts
              Posted: May 17, 2012, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

one challenge with lottery pools is the quantity of tickets...

who is gonna fill out say 20 or 50 playslips...

you would need computer help and printed playslips...

i know that illegal someplaces...but the clerks dont really check...

That's only a pain if you change numbers every play right? If more money is added to the pool buy QPs or assign that person to fill out the payslip and turn it in.

$250m? Wow! They must be playing respectively at lower levels and you guys only choose to come together when it would be worth splittibg among several people!

steph219121's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                Dayton OH
                United States
                Member #124697
                March 18, 2012
                252 Posts
                Posted: May 17, 2012, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

I just started a family pool. I will be picking all the tickets of course :) There will be 3 of us playing $30 each for only one draw per month on mega millions. I do plan on copying all the tickets and sending them to each person

Lucky Lady O-H-I-O

Bahamas
                  Member #114685
                  August 5, 2011
                  422 Posts
                  Posted: May 17, 2012, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

I just started a family pool. I will be picking all the tickets of course :) There will be 3 of us playing $30 each for only one draw per month on mega millions. I do plan on copying all the tickets and sending them to each person

I don't typically talk to people from your State. All my numbers I play in Florida come out in Ohio - lol.

How will you determine when in the month to play?

steph219121's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                    Dayton OH
                    United States
                    Member #124697
                    March 18, 2012
                    252 Posts
                    Posted: May 17, 2012, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

I don't typically talk to people from your State. All my numbers I play in Florida come out in Ohio - lol.

How will you determine when in the month to play?

LOL. I told them I will collect the money on the first and play as soon as the jackput gets over 50mil or atleast by the end of the money. Shall see how it goes.

Lucky Lady O-H-I-O

Bahamas
                      Member #114685
                      August 5, 2011
                      422 Posts
                      Posted: May 17, 2012, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

LOL. I told them I will collect the money on the first and play as soon as the jackput gets over 50mil or atleast by the end of the money. Shall see how it goes.

Good luck! Send some of those 3balls to the Sunshine State - lol

dallascowboyfan's avatar - chi
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6343 Posts
                        Posted: May 17, 2012, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Are you in a lottery pool? Yes, I am the pool manager.

Do you have terms of agreement and operation in writing? Yes and yes.

How much have you won in any one drawing? the most we won was 100.00 we got 4 numbers.

Do you forsee any drama if you hit the big jackpot? No I do not. We are well documented.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Bahamas
                          Member #114685
                          August 5, 2011
                          422 Posts
                          Posted: May 17, 2012, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

How much have you won in any one drawing? the most we won was 100.00 we got 4 numbers.

Do you forsee any drama if you hit the big jackpot? No I do not. We are well documented.

Thanks for the feedback!

4 numbers not bad at all. It's a start in the right direction

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg

United States
                            Member #124616
                            March 16, 2012
                            2655 Posts
                            Posted: May 18, 2012, 1:35 am - IP Logged

and this is why are you are smart DCF! 

me pool?  no

all other questions = moot

KPaul's avatar - f holeavatar.jpg
                              Florida
                              United States
                              Member #128094
                              May 16, 2012
                              63 Posts
                              Posted: May 19, 2012, 7:42 am - IP Logged

I'm not nor have I ever been in a lottery pool. I was seriously considering starting one at work until I read several posts and related news articles on this site. I've decided to avoid pools altogether...the probability of experiencing aggravation after a win is greater than actually hitting a win. No interest in that.