Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are YOU in a Lottery Pool?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 5 years ago by uklotteryplayer.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2012, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Are you in a lottery pool? Do you have terms of agreement and operation in writing? How much have you won in any one drawing? Do you forsee any drama if you hit the big jackpot?

I'm not in a lottery pool. Last year there were a few of us who talked about possibly starting a lottery pool but it never got off the ground. Even though I'm leary about pools (due to the fact that lately have been reading about some people not sharing with others in the pool and bringing lawsuits) it seems that many people seem to win with lottery pools (maybe because they buy many tickets at a time as opposed to myself who only buys one).

Bahamas
    Member #114685
    August 5, 2011
    422 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2012, 9:20 am - IP Logged

I'm not in a lottery pool. Last year there were a few of us who talked about possibly starting a lottery pool but it never got off the ground. Even though I'm leary about pools (due to the fact that lately have been reading about some people not sharing with others in the pool and bringing lawsuits) it seems that many people seem to win with lottery pools (maybe because they buy many tickets at a time as opposed to myself who only buys one).

Well I am glad to hear you DODGED THAT BULLET.

I think it's more about being in the right place at the right time that leads to these wins. I have heard stories and seen new reports of so many players spending thousnads of dollars chasing the recent 656m mega millions jackpot and what did that get them?

In the end, it's all relative.

The ONE ticket you play is your personal numbers or a QP? Just curious..

"Freedom of Speech? Keep reading and you will discover that freedom comes at a price!"

happygirl665's avatar - hi
      Spotsylvania, Virginia
      United States
      Member #113688
      July 14, 2011
      24339 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2012, 9:27 am - IP Logged

Are you in a lottery pool? Do you have terms of agreement and operation in writing? How much have you won in any one drawing? Do you forsee any drama if you hit the big jackpot?

Use to be in one. I started but the only problem with pools is to have good people that think like you. I remember running the pool without any contracts etc.. but the people were negative about us winning and didn't believe that we would win anything at all or couldn't see the outcome of the lottery officials handing us a big check. If you don't believe that you will win then you won't and if you do then you do. I simply dropped the whole group because I got tired of hearing the negative feedback when we would only win like small amounts and invested it back into the group.. I now play by myself and one day I will when and I am sure the losers I dropped will then act like they knew me.. Haha!!

Who say's I'm broke? Are you kidding me, I am just waiting on my millions!Dance

Bahamas
        Member #114685
        August 5, 2011
        422 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2012, 9:34 am - IP Logged

Use to be in one. I started but the only problem with pools is to have good people that think like you. I remember running the pool without any contracts etc.. but the people were negative about us winning and didn't believe that we would win anything at all or couldn't see the outcome of the lottery officials handing us a big check. If you don't believe that you will win then you won't and if you do then you do. I simply dropped the whole group because I got tired of hearing the negative feedback when we would only win like small amounts and invested it back into the group.. I now play by myself and one day I will when and I am sure the losers I dropped will then act like they knew me.. Haha!!

That would be a big bummer to hear that twice a week.

I think a positive attitude is critical in pursuing a jackpot while I don't believe it to be a magic won it helps in keeping you motivated and in that state you work harder at developing effective strategies that just one day might lead to that big win. So in that sense optimism is essential.

P.S. Sure those players didn't pay their share for the next 10 years and left the selection in your hands? They may be taking you to court after you win. JUST KIDDING - lol

"Freedom of Speech? Keep reading and you will discover that freedom comes at a price!"

happygirl665's avatar - hi
          Spotsylvania, Virginia
          United States
          Member #113688
          July 14, 2011
          24339 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2012, 9:41 am - IP Logged

That would be a big bummer to hear that twice a week.

I think a positive attitude is critical in pursuing a jackpot while I don't believe it to be a magic won it helps in keeping you motivated and in that state you work harder at developing effective strategies that just one day might lead to that big win. So in that sense optimism is essential.

P.S. Sure those players didn't pay their share for the next 10 years and left the selection in your hands? They may be taking you to court after you win. JUST KIDDING - lol

I don't play their numbers only quick pics now, so they can't claim any of the money that I won from this day forward.. LOL!

Who say's I'm broke? Are you kidding me, I am just waiting on my millions!Dance

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: May 19, 2012, 9:59 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't belong to any pool that would have me as a member.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Bahamas
              Member #114685
              August 5, 2011
              422 Posts
              Posted: May 19, 2012, 10:02 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't belong to any pool that would have me as a member.

Classic - lol!

CALI
                Afghanistan
                Member #118735
                November 6, 2011
                134 Posts
                Posted: May 20, 2012, 12:23 am - IP Logged

I started a Pool about 11 months ago, its now down to 8-9 people and we each put $200 per month

Comes out to about $500 a week in ticket plays. We have a legal contract and a ticket master that handles everything for us via Paypal and a dist list

Pretty much ironclad so if we do hit it, it will be seamless to dist the winnings

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                  Whiskey Island
                  United States
                  Member #90216
                  April 24, 2010
                  12752 Posts
                  Posted: May 20, 2012, 12:29 am - IP Logged

No , I would never join a Lottery Pool . I don't want to Split a Jackpot with say 10 or more people and then be suied by someone who forgot to pay or presuimed they was still in the Weekly Pool . I will keep all my Jackpot  Winnings to my self !!! When , I win a PB or MM Jackpot ....

CALI
                    Afghanistan
                    Member #118735
                    November 6, 2011
                    134 Posts
                    Posted: May 20, 2012, 10:34 am - IP Logged

We had 18 people at 1 time but some of them had to go back to the US or just gave up after 5-6 months since we didnt hit anything.

We are now at 8 people and could use 2 more

Bahamas
                      Member #114685
                      August 5, 2011
                      422 Posts
                      Posted: May 20, 2012, 10:40 am - IP Logged

I started a Pool about 11 months ago, its now down to 8-9 people and we each put $200 per month

Comes out to about $500 a week in ticket plays. We have a legal contract and a ticket master that handles everything for us via Paypal and a dist list

Pretty much ironclad so if we do hit it, it will be seamless to dist the winnings

Wow!

You guys have a lot of disposable income I see.

Baton Rouge, LA
                        United States
                        Member #4602
                        May 7, 2004
                        699 Posts
                        Posted: May 20, 2012, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

I am running a lottery pool at my work and have for several years now. It started with me and an office mate, then it spread to 13 people. We buy Powerball, Lotto, and MegaMillions every payday. The best we've done is around $100, which we've rolled back in. We've also bought a few Millionaire Raffle tickets when that game was played, but didn't win there either.

I charge $4/payday(every 2 weeks), which I use to buy a mix of multidraw Powerball, Lotto, and MegaMillions tickets for all of the draws until the next payday.  Hopefully we'll hit before someday.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: May 21, 2012, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

You're best off not being in a pool unless it's with trusted family (who won't kill you) or friends (who won't kill you).

It's also good to exclude people of a certain political persuasion as members because they're cheap (won't pay all the time) and they have that "entitlement" attitude which means they'll sue you if you win on a drawing when they didn't put money in.

The best bet is to just play yourself though because individuals win far more often than pools.

--Edmund Burke

Bahamas
                            Member #114685
                            August 5, 2011
                            422 Posts
                            Posted: May 21, 2012, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

You're best off not being in a pool unless it's with trusted family (who won't kill you) or friends (who won't kill you).

It's also good to exclude people of a certain political persuasion as members because they're cheap (won't pay all the time) and they have that "entitlement" attitude which means they'll sue you if you win on a drawing when they didn't put money in.

The best bet is to just play yourself though because individuals win far more often than pools.

It only takes a quick scan on the winner's stories tab on the Powerball website to validate this statistic that individuals win far more frequently with far less drama.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: May 21, 2012, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

It only takes a quick scan on the winner's stories tab on the Powerball website to validate this statistic that individuals win far more frequently with far less drama.

Roger that!

--Edmund Burke