Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Time on LP

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 5 years ago by haymaker.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How many hours spent on LP

1 hour [ 2 ]  [4.44%]
2 hours [ 2 ]  [4.44%]
3 hours [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
4 hours + [ 3 ]  [6.67%]
Jump on and off many times a day [ 33 ]  [73.33%]
stay logged on all the time [ 5 ]  [11.11%]
Total Valid Votes [ 45 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #124493
March 14, 2012
7023 Posts
Posted: May 28, 2012, 1:20 am - IP Logged

You can buy your own router at Best Buy or any place that sells computers or laptops. After you pay your $5.00 a month for a couple of years, you could have bought 2 or 3 of them. And you know they're going to raise the rental fee at some point.  A decent one is about $40, a better one is about $75.

thanks for  the info...the funny thing is that i felt something was strange when the router TWX(timewarner)

installed was a Netgear...

and they never disclosed there would be extra cost.

At least the verizon router had their name on it...

In my opinion for TWX to install a netgear router is unprofessional and cheap.

I still have the Verizon(VZ) router...they didn't take it when the service was changed...

I guess its not worth too much.  I have wondered if somehow i could use the VZ router still...

I should have complained sooner...but i have been hijacking a unsecured router that is in the vicinity...it has a better connection then mine...

although sometimes i get the message..."windows has encountered an IP address conflict"...which means the other person must be aware as well...

funny the signal I hijack is also TWX...so i dont know why i can use my neighbors router no problem...while mine give me a headache.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
    Winning makes me smile.
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    4878 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2012, 2:34 am - IP Logged

thanks for  the info...the funny thing is that i felt something was strange when the router TWX(timewarner)

installed was a Netgear...

and they never disclosed there would be extra cost.

At least the verizon router had their name on it...

In my opinion for TWX to install a netgear router is unprofessional and cheap.

I still have the Verizon(VZ) router...they didn't take it when the service was changed...

I guess its not worth too much.  I have wondered if somehow i could use the VZ router still...

I should have complained sooner...but i have been hijacking a unsecured router that is in the vicinity...it has a better connection then mine...

although sometimes i get the message..."windows has encountered an IP address conflict"...which means the other person must be aware as well...

funny the signal I hijack is also TWX...so i dont know why i can use my neighbors router no problem...while mine give me a headache.

The router I have is netgear and I have no problems with it or the comcast cable. Just a basic trouble shoot, but are all of your cable connections tight? Sometimes we can overlook the simple fixes. And then we're like...   Thud

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2012, 2:51 am - IP Logged

I dont know if the cable connections are tight...i see you work for the cable behemoth...

hey with all this complaining about the U.S. education system...how come you can rarely find anything intelligent on discovery or NGC?

i know marijuana INC is fascinating...but is it helping our youth learn?  (i mean learn something besides hypocrisy)

also i know tuna junkies is interesting...and sometimes i do really want to know if that guy fell over board...

but when did media become the prostitute of america??  Its... funny prostitution is illegal in this country...its "bad"...as conservatives preach...

but if you work for the secret service and its beyond the eyes of the puritanical right...then go ahead...

but really when did the media become the TRUE WHORES...?

Am i digressing?

I need a job...I probably should get one with the corporate media internet whores...i would fit in real nice.

Jester

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
        upstate NY
        United States
        Member #108791
        March 31, 2011
        549 Posts
        Posted: May 28, 2012, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

The cable companies want you to think you have to use their router (and pay them the extra $5/month) if you want wireless in your home and/or the ability to run multiple computers/other Internet-connected devices on the same connection, but this isn't true.  You're free to go out and buy your own router; the catch is, if there's a problem with the router, they won't help you.  They'll make sure the connection through the cable modem is working, but everything else on your network is your responsibility.  Likely the most they'll do is tell you to reboot your router.  I've always used my own router and Time Warner has never given me any beef about it.

Patriot

Winning makes me smile.
          bel air maryland
          United States
          Member #90251
          April 24, 2010
          4878 Posts
          Posted: May 28, 2012, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

I dont know if the cable connections are tight...i see you work for the cable behemoth...

hey with all this complaining about the U.S. education system...how come you can rarely find anything intelligent on discovery or NGC?

i know marijuana INC is fascinating...but is it helping our youth learn?  (i mean learn something besides hypocrisy)

also i know tuna junkies is interesting...and sometimes i do really want to know if that guy fell over board...

but when did media become the prostitute of america??  Its... funny prostitution is illegal in this country...its "bad"...as conservatives preach...

but if you work for the secret service and its beyond the eyes of the puritanical right...then go ahead...

but really when did the media become the TRUE WHORES...?

Am i digressing?

I need a job...I probably should get one with the corporate media internet whores...i would fit in real nice.

Jester

No, I do not work for any cable co. LOL.  Look at it this way. If a light bulb in a lamp gets loose it won't light, you screw the bulb in (ie, tighten it) and bingo! It lights.

If the cable on your car battery gets loose, the car won't start. You tighten it and guess what? It starts.

If your router doesn't work, check the  connections. If they are tight and it doesn't work, then call the cable co.What?

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: May 28, 2012, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

No, I do not work for any cable co. LOL.  Look at it this way. If a light bulb in a lamp gets loose it won't light, you screw the bulb in (ie, tighten it) and bingo! It lights.

If the cable on your car battery gets loose, the car won't start. You tighten it and guess what? It starts.

If your router doesn't work, check the  connections. If they are tight and it doesn't work, then call the cable co.What?

Hence the old saying, "Keep it Simple, Stupid!"  Wink  (K-I-S-S)

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
              United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3856 Posts
              Posted: May 28, 2012, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Also when tightening anything, keep in mind T.S.A.R.  T.L.A.R  AND  T.F.A.R.

that seems about right.

that looks about right.

that feels about right.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Winning makes me smile.
                bel air maryland
                United States
                Member #90251
                April 24, 2010
                4878 Posts
                Posted: May 28, 2012, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Also when tightening anything, keep in mind T.S.A.R.  T.L.A.R  AND  T.F.A.R.

that seems about right.

that looks about right.

that feels about right.

Don't forget B.N.T.T.

But not too tight.

United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: May 28, 2012, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Don't forget B.N.T.T.

But not too tight.

Thanks, i'll add that my spec. sheet legend.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: May 29, 2012, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

@ Plshelpme

Thanks for the stars.