Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 172 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: December 9, 2012, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

You got it.  If I knew you personally I'd even wager 90 against your 100.

How about this.  Let's do it "for fun."  If I win, you can decide to send me money if you wish.  I feel it's unneccessary, though, as I won't wager against someone I don't know in real life.  It would be unfair to take 500 dollars from you (if I win) with nothing at stake of my own. 

Just one question.  Are you going to use one set for 40 draws, or select new picks as you want?

I will "pick" numbers each and every MM draw using my system of playing recently drawn number.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: December 9, 2012, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Are you talking about 98.3 lines or 98,280 lines and what do you expect of those who accept your challenge and fail to beat you?

How do you expect the challengers to come up with these quick picks without actually buying them or will randomly picked combinations be acceptable?

Once you have worked out the above problems, do you have the ability to check lists of combinations that size?

Have you prepared to handle all the problems that come with monitoring such a challenge?

Thanks for your interest RJOh,

Mediabrats "One in 1000" blog is the basis for my idea. Even though the combos were not published, 175,000 random QPs were generated, played and tracked. I'm sure anyone who is brainy enough to think QPs are as good as self pick will be up to the task of creating and tracking their results each draw......What?

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: December 9, 2012, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Set of 39 for PB. Sat. Dec. 8, 2012.

01 03 04 05 06 07 08 11 13 14 16 17 21 22 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 35 36 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 47 48 50 52 54 56 59

bonus ball 03

3 of 5 on this draw........

Saturday, December 08, 2012      07 · 23 · 26 · 40 · 53    21            $40 Million

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: December 9, 2012, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your interest RJOh,

Mediabrats "One in 1000" blog is the basis for my idea. Even though the combos were not published, 175,000 random QPs were generated, played and tracked. I'm sure anyone who is brainy enough to think QPs are as good as self pick will be up to the task of creating and tracking their results each draw......What?

I'm sure anyone who is brainy enough to think QPs are as good as self pick will be up to the task of creating and tracking their results each draw......What?

Are you going to believe the challengers when they tell you they won?  At worst that many QPs will probably have all the megaballs many times so they will have some winnings every time while if you continue to only play one mega ball and it doesn't come up, you will be depending on matches of three or more white balls for your winnings.

With no published list of QPs before the drawing, you'll be depending on the honesty of your challengers to confirm the results.  It's only if your one megaball hits that you can dispute not being the winner.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: December 9, 2012, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure anyone who is brainy enough to think QPs are as good as self pick will be up to the task of creating and tracking their results each draw......What?

Are you going to believe the challengers when they tell you they won?  At worst that many QPs will probably have all the megaballs many times so they will have some winnings every time while if you continue to only play one mega ball and it doesn't come up, you will be depending on matches of three or more white balls for your winnings.

With no published list of QPs before the drawing, you'll be depending on the honesty of your challengers to confirm the results.  It's only if your one megaball hits that you can dispute not being the winner.

The challenge will be for hitting 5 of 5 or BETTER..........

I don't think posting the 98.820 lines on a blog page before each draw should be a problem. I have learned how to generate and post lists of combos and I have zero experience at such things.......

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: December 9, 2012, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

The challenge will be for hitting 5 of 5 or BETTER..........

I don't think posting the 98.820 lines on a blog page before each draw should be a problem. I have learned how to generate and post lists of combos and I have zero experience at such things.......

Good luck, sounds like you're ready.  Now all you need is a challenger willing to post such a list and check it after each drawing.

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: December 9, 2012, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Good luck, sounds like you're ready.  Now all you need is a challenger willing to post such a list and check it after each drawing.

Mediabrat did it seemingly with ease....... 

And that list was 175,000 QPs. As I remember they were self generated RNG lines and the results must have been computer generated also with all the stats of lower tier wins...

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: December 9, 2012, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

One in 1000 blog............

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/64204

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: December 9, 2012, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

A quote from the blog.............

** I did mention in my introductory post that I wasn't going to be posting the numbers files for space reasons (the files themselves are 3 MB each, and pasting the numbers directly into the blog would be insane), but if anyone wants to review them, just let me know and I'll send them over.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19830 Posts
                    Posted: December 9, 2012, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Mediabrat did it seemingly with ease....... 

And that list was 175,000 QPs. As I remember they were self generated RNG lines and the results must have been computer generated also with all the stats of lower tier wins...

I remember someone once talked about a similar project and Stack complained that lines created by a RNG on a computer weren't the same as QPs generated by a lottery terminal so the project was abandoned.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19830 Posts
                      Posted: December 9, 2012, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

A quote from the blog.............

** I did mention in my introductory post that I wasn't going to be posting the numbers files for space reasons (the files themselves are 3 MB each, and pasting the numbers directly into the blog would be insane), but if anyone wants to review them, just let me know and I'll send them over.

Looks like mediabrat has already did the work and have the results.  If no challengers are available then you can check your results for the next few drawings and compare them with mediabrat's results.

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: December 9, 2012, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

I remember someone once talked about a similar project and Stack complained that lines created by a RNG on a computer weren't the same as QPs generated by a lottery terminal so the project was abandoned.

Todd recently posted on this subject..............

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/251603

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: December 9, 2012, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Looks like mediabrat has already did the work and have the results.  If no challengers are available then you can check your results for the next few drawings and compare them with mediabrat's results.

Those results never did BETTER than 4+1..... But I'm not sure how many draws.........What?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19830 Posts
                            Posted: December 9, 2012, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Those results never did BETTER than 4+1..... But I'm not sure how many draws.........What?

From the comments in his blog, it appears he did two PB and two MM drawings.  If you can do better in the next two MM or PB drawings, then you will have won.  It's unlikely any amount of 4+1 hits could beat a single 5+0 or 5+1 hit.

Should I save the congratulations for the end of the week?

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: December 9, 2012, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

From the comments in his blog, it appears he did two PB and two MM drawings.  If you can do better in the next two MM or PB drawings, then you will have won.  It's unlikely any amount of 4+1 hits could beat a single 5+0 or 5+1 hit.

Should I save the congratulations for the end of the week?

No, now would be ok.......

Its already been proven how bad QPs stink up the place.............

Page 172 of 353