Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 176 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2012, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie-

Thought you wanted to play against QP's?

I do, and that offer is still open.......

The "One in 39" is a challenge we played earlier this year and it was kinda popular so its time to start another round. Anyone can post 28+1 and keep them all the way through or change them at any time.

Minnesota
    United States
    Member #136448
    December 11, 2012
    19 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2012, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Okay.

Well I'm new to this. So fill me in. How many QP's do I purchase per draw for this QP vs your self picks challenge?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19894 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2012, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie-

Thought you wanted to play against QP's?

Did you read the challenge completely?   Can you generate 98,280 different random or QP combinations for 40 different drawings, post them and check them for any match5 after each drawing? 

Posting 28 numbers with the 5 winning numbers among them and assuming had you wheeled those 28 numbers you would have had 98,280 combinations and one of them would have the 5 winning numbers is a lot easier but it doesn't accomplishes the task.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2012, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Okay.

Well I'm new to this. So fill me in. How many QP's do I purchase per draw for this QP vs your self picks challenge?

4 QPs against each self-pick, because that's how bad QPs are............

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2012, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2012, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: December 11, 2012, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Did you read the challenge completely?   Can you generate 98,280 different random or QP combinations for 40 different drawings, post them and check them for any match5 after each drawing? 

Posting 28 numbers with the 5 winning numbers among them and assuming had you wheeled those 28 numbers you would have had 98,280 combinations and one of them would have the 5 winning numbers is a lot easier but it doesn't accomplishes the task.

RJOh, is correct............ This is the QP challenge............

Minnesota
                United States
                Member #136448
                December 11, 2012
                19 Posts
                Posted: December 11, 2012, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I looked back and read more.. Now I understand. I definitely don't want any part of 98 + thousand QP's. Ha ! My initial understanding was on a much smaller scale. Something like 20-40 lines per draw 1vs1 self pick vs quick pick. Ya know, something an average person may purchase. To prove whether quick picks or self picks really matter on this size scale.

I mean yeah, if I was going to spend a lot of money and take a shotgun approach I'd use a system.

Id be up for a QP vs self pick challenge, 1 ticket vs 1 ticket, say 20-40 lines per draw? I'll take that crappy quick pick lines and buy/post them per draw. I'd be game for something like that.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: December 11, 2012, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I looked back and read more.. Now I understand. I definitely don't want any part of 98 + thousand QP's. Ha ! My initial understanding was on a much smaller scale. Something like 20-40 lines per draw 1vs1 self pick vs quick pick. Ya know, something an average person may purchase. To prove whether quick picks or self picks really matter on this size scale.

I mean yeah, if I was going to spend a lot of money and take a shotgun approach I'd use a system.

Id be up for a QP vs self pick challenge, 1 ticket vs 1 ticket, say 20-40 lines per draw? I'll take that crappy quick pick lines and buy/post them per draw. I'd be game for something like that.

As long as your the one buying the stinky QPs my friend....... Go for it. I post all the lines I play every single draw, and then I post the actual tickets just for fun. Tonight I have 47 lines using a keyed 4 if 4 wheel.

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: December 11, 2012, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Wheel:  Pick 5 Key 4 if 4 of 12

Tickets:  47

Description: Minimum 4-number match, if 4 numbers drawn fall within your set of 12 numbers.

Input:  5, 28, 42, 12, 31, 44, 51, 19, 22, 49, 32, 43

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2012, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Lots of people around here believe QPs have equal odds with self picks, no matter how many lines you play. Just to let you know.......

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19894 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2012, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Now you know why $500 was mentioned in the challenge, it's involve a lot of time.  If anyone is willing to spend the time running such a simulation, there is a LP feature available that allows members to print out a full wheel  for any game.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: December 11, 2012, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Now you know why $500 was mentioned in the challenge, it's involve a lot of time.  If anyone is willing to spend the time running such a simulation, there is a LP feature available that allows members to print out a full wheel  for any game.

It seemed effortless for mediabrat who played almost twice as many QP lines and posted detailed prize results for both MM and PB every draw.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: December 11, 2012, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Goodnight my friends............Bed

Minnesota
                              United States
                              Member #136448
                              December 11, 2012
                              19 Posts
                              Posted: December 11, 2012, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

As long as your the one buying the stinky QPs my friend....... Go for it. I post all the lines I play every single draw, and then I post the actual tickets just for fun. Tonight I have 47 lines using a keyed 4 if 4 wheel.

Yeah, I'll take the bullet and buy the crap QP's! Heck, I've played a lot of different methods and haven't come up with anything anyways! Surely this couldn't hurt! Ha ha!

Ill purchase 47 QP's vs your 47 self picks. I know you believe one self pick is worth 4 QP's(or something like that?).. But for the sake of a challenge I'm going to play 1 ticket vs 1 ticket.

Fair enough?

Page 176 of 353