Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why did the drunk go to the strip club with $700k cash?

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1649 Posts
Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

To save my life, I'm really tryin' hard to understand why any reasonable person would even want to carelessly flaunt that kind of wealth ANYWHERE. I mean, I see where guys rob banks in broad daylight WHILE ON CAMERA and these nutcases walks into a strip joint basically announcing what kind of money they're workin' with.What? 

It would be very easy for anyone to just sit back and wait for this dumba** to leave, follow him, and bump him off at the right time. I'm very serious...these guys were tryin' to give their lives away. 

Something all that money can't even think of replacing.No Nod Wow.

L.L.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

The  $600k + was not recovered but $200k was recovered in a different incident.

http://www.karemar.com/blog/lottery-winner-loses-114-million-four-years-plus-look-biggest-winners-all-time

I see that article says the money was never recovered.

This is what the Lottery Post article says:

"A private investigator hired by Whittaker found the briefcase, still filled with the money and checks, next to the Dumpster a few hours later."

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3856 Posts
      Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Whitaker's case is stranger than the others,

cause he was a construction contractor already used to dealing w/ large sums of money,

yet he still could'nt get it right.

someone else wondered if he still buy tickets ?

my guess would be yes.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

The PI found it within a couple hours???  Does that mean the P I was at the bar with him, getting lap dances??

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Whitaker's case is stranger than the others,

cause he was a construction contractor already used to dealing w/ large sums of money,

yet he still could'nt get it right.

someone else wondered if he still buy tickets ?

my guess would be yes.

A contractor with large sums of cash?? Is that like the Shawshank Redemption kind??

United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3856 Posts
            Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

A contractor with large sums of cash?? Is that like the Shawshank Redemption kind??

not sure what you mean, but on LCML he was depicted as being a buisness man w/ a good head on his shoulders.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Texas
              United States
              Member #86154
              January 30, 2010
              1649 Posts
              Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

The PI found it within a couple hours???  Does that mean the P I was at the bar with him, getting lap dances??

If it was next to the dumpster, then someone just didn't want to cause draw any attention to themselves by leaving at the time they stole it. They STASHED it...and they worked there in my opinion, otherwise why  would a stranger just hang around with all that dough? Maybe the PI worked there undercover or something...still seems odd.

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

not sure what you mean, but on LCML he was depicted as being a buisness man w/ a good head on his shoulders.

In Shawshank Redemption the wardon was a croojed contractoe who did a lot of cash transactions.

Contactors dont geberaly deal with cash.... especially at a strip club... unless its $1 bills (or $20s lol.)

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

In Shawshank Redemption the wardon was a croojed contractoe who did a lot of cash transactions.

Contactors dont geberaly deal with cash.... especially at a strip club... unless its $1 bills (or $20s lol.)

Now you know what my posts look like if I forget to use spell check... lol.

United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Even if they don't deal w/ cash, they should know how to manage money if they want to be succsessful,

accounts by LCML indictated he was.

Did'nt see the movie, should i check it out ?

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1649 Posts
                      Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

Wow! A good head on his shoulders, but he's out in a club with that kind of cash?Green laughSkepticalNo Nod You know, a guy could walk down the street in nice clothes with an EMPTY BRIEF CASE and get his hat brought to him just out of curiosity of what MIGHT be in it!!!

No, I'm sorry and beg to strongly differ with LCML. He's a straight up dumba**!!! A man can hint to women that he has money without a briefcase stamped with BRINKS and chained to his wrist.

Oh, well...it's his money (a**) in the end.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Even if they don't deal w/ cash, they should know how to manage money if they want to be succsessful,

accounts by LCML indictated he was.

Did'nt see the movie, should i check it out ?

Its a classic on cable quite often.

The article I posted dosnt say much for Jacks character. Even if he is a great business person he is bad at everything else. You know like the practical side of living a "normal" life. lol.

United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3856 Posts
                          Posted: June 7, 2012, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Wow! A good head on his shoulders, but he's out in a club with that kind of cash?Green laughSkepticalNo Nod You know, a guy could walk down the street in nice clothes with an EMPTY BRIEF CASE and get his hat brought to him just out of curiosity of what MIGHT be in it!!!

No, I'm sorry and beg to strongly differ with LCML. He's a straight up dumba**!!! A man can hint to women that he has money without a briefcase stamped with BRINKS and chained to his wrist.

You are correct to differ w/ LCML,

you just don't get the whole story from them, so you have to watch w/ a crictical eye.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: June 7, 2012, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Have to go with LL on this one LMAO. you know how to spot em LL. This guy is lost.

Shawshank IS one of this Long tom hanks movies like the Green Mile

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: June 7, 2012, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

You are correct to differ w/ LCML,

you just don't get the whole story from them, so you have to watch w/ a crictical eye.

I think A BLIND PERSON coulda spotted that guy