Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$100 on Powerball

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 4 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1649 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2012, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

Well, as you know, this time really didn't end up being my time.  What I can't fathom is how two 1-35 numbers can repeat two times in just five weeks (14 and 27).  Also, during that same time period 9 and 10 repeated back to back weeks for the white balls. The odds on that occuring must be crazy.  I am sometimes on the conspiracy side for this lottery in order to boost the jackpot.  By just making the powerball number repeat, they are automatically able to knock millions of tickets out from a chance to win for those who pick their numbers.  It is more unlikely that a number will repeat than not repeat, so most people would bet against it.  Also, the teens group repeated uncharacteristically for a 5th straight drawing (a total of 7 teen numbers in 5 drawings).  I will not be playing as much for powerball any longer.  I am not a part of the group who only plays over $200 million and a limit of $20.  I have a strong feeling of manipulation in this lottery for publicity/ more money purposes.

Rant

LN56, I'm seeing where you tend to take the drawings for granted and this is a huge mistake. I've discussed many times here on how the pre-draws have a direct impact and influence on the next official draw, okay. Pre-draws allow any and everything to re-occur because the balls are tumbled and drawn up to (5) times prior to the actual draw. 

As you've already witnessed,( 9 ) & (10) were drawn in the same positions from one draw to the next...and this is with pre-draws between them. Same thing with (14) & (27). There is nothing that can't happen again...this is the LAW of PRE-DRAW. I've already illustrated, in a recent thread, on how players should focus more on the COMPLETE FORMAT of the draw. The odds of it repeating in its' complete form, from one draw to the next, is very slim but still possible. It'll skip a draw and then maybe return.

The games aren't manipulated in any way. They simply have all those numbers, and the pre-draws, on their side...and they use 'em. With a game of this magnitude, it's so much better to just be very lucky with a little than regretting with a lot. Please accept this as constructive and positive criticism, okay buddy.

At least you didn't spend well over $300 like the guy I witnessed on the record jackpot. He was hurtin' three times as much. Don't just give up, just be wiser with your money.

L.L.

Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1649 Posts
    Posted: June 10, 2012, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

Well, as you know, this time really didn't end up being my time.  What I can't fathom is how two 1-35 numbers can repeat two times in just five weeks (14 and 27).  Also, during that same time period 9 and 10 repeated back to back weeks for the white balls. The odds on that occuring must be crazy.  I am sometimes on the conspiracy side for this lottery in order to boost the jackpot.  By just making the powerball number repeat, they are automatically able to knock millions of tickets out from a chance to win for those who pick their numbers.  It is more unlikely that a number will repeat than not repeat, so most people would bet against it.  Also, the teens group repeated uncharacteristically for a 5th straight drawing (a total of 7 teen numbers in 5 drawings).  I will not be playing as much for powerball any longer.  I am not a part of the group who only plays over $200 million and a limit of $20.  I have a strong feeling of manipulation in this lottery for publicity/ more money purposes.

Rant

Nick, as a follow up on my previous post concerning pre-draws, I'm posting the results of last night's pre-tests and post-tests. You and everyone can now compare your numbers to these results to see if you had some winners prior to the official draw, as well as afterwards. Hope this helps to shed some light on things, okay.Thumbs Up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

06/09/12    05      07        23      53        51      10        32      23          --      09        15  Pre-test

06/09/12    50      45        07      31        37      10        32      12          --      09        15  Pre-test

06/09/12    33      59        53      02        20      10        32      06          --      09        15  Pre-test

06/09/12    05      26        56      01        23      10        32      03          --      09        15  Pre-test

06/09/12    56      45        57      22        18      10        32      27          --      09        15    Draw

06/09/12    11      58        23      43        45      10        32      01          --      09        15Post-test

#1       #2        #3      #4        #5               

The #10 is the Draw Machine, #32 is the Ball Set, #01 is the PB, # 09 is the PB machine, and #15 is the PB set used.

L.L.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2012, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Rant

You make statements about what is likely and unlikely to happen that aren't supported by facts, perhaps you should run a lottery analyzing program before picking your next numbers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2012, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

Nick, as a follow up on my previous post concerning pre-draws, I'm posting the results of last night's pre-tests and post-tests. You and everyone can now compare your numbers to these results to see if you had some winners prior to the official draw, as well as afterwards. Hope this helps to shed some light on things, okay.Thumbs Up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

06/09/12    05      07        23      53        51      10        32      23          --      09        15  Pre-test

06/09/12    50      45        07      31        37      10        32      12          --      09        15  Pre-test

06/09/12    33      59        53      02        20      10        32      06          --      09        15  Pre-test

06/09/12    05      26        56      01        23      10        32      03          --      09        15  Pre-test

06/09/12    56      45        57      22        18      10        32      27          --      09        15    Draw

06/09/12    11      58        23      43        45      10        32      01          --      09        15Post-test

#1       #2        #3      #4        #5               

The #10 is the Draw Machine, #32 is the Ball Set, #01 is the PB, # 09 is the PB machine, and #15 is the PB set used.

L.L.

What good is knowing something after the fact?  That information is only of value to the players who want rant about losing once the official numbers are posted.

Evil Looking       

Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1649 Posts
          Posted: June 10, 2012, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

There was some discussion here at LP around 2008-2009 regarding the matrix of Powerball. This used to be a 5/55 & 1/42 game before additional states were invited. Noone thought the matrix would change...but it did. They added (4) on the "meat" of the game from (55) to (59) but only knocked off (3) PB's down to the previous (39). Now, they've went on to bump off another (4) which still hasn't accomplished very much although several tickets matched (5) numbers. Just to illustrate something here, they've removed a total of (7) PB's so far and it still hasn't affected players hitting the jackpot more frequently at all. 

They should just return to the 5/55 and leave the (35) right where it is and see how it goes for a little while. Just a few notes of observation...

L.L.

Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1649 Posts
            Posted: June 10, 2012, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

What good is knowing something after the fact?  That information is only of value to the players who want rant about losing once the official numbers are posted.

I only posted the information as a reference to pre-draws, okay. It only shows what happened during the tests, and, will let a player know if they actually matched numbers then as opposed to the actual draw. To be perfectly honest with you, it can be both dangerous and very disheartening in the event of matching all the numbers during a pre-test but losing on the official draw.

Again, my point was to allow players to compare their numbers played (live or fun) against the pre and post test results. People win and lose every day on the pre-tests...I know I have.

L.L.

virginia
              United States
              Member #129073
              June 9, 2012
              2 Posts
              Posted: June 11, 2012, 12:53 am - IP Logged

I know the drawing has already occured but good luck anyway!  I guess if 2 heads are better than one, then 100 chances are better than one, or atleast alot funner to check!

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                Texas
                United States
                Member #92330
                June 5, 2010
                887 Posts
                Posted: June 11, 2012, 6:33 am - IP Logged

Rant

It has nothing to do with anything being rigged, but rather the nature of the game. The game is about being random... anything can happen. Every number has the same chance to hit one draw as it does the next. Plus as someone already mentioned, between Saturday's draw and Wednesday's draw there will have been 5 draws as well as different ball sets between each official draw.

This is why I have such strong feelings against system people who think they can win a jackpot based off a "system". A system may produce a win, but so will blindly picking your numbers, letting an octopus pick them, having a dream of them or choosing a QP.

I understand you may be upset since it didn't work in your favor, but remember you're not the only one. Also remember, or know, the lottery doesn't have to rig their game for jackpots to grow or for them to make money.

There is nothing strange about two 1-35 numbers repeating twice in five weeks or the . As mentioned, it's the nature of the game being random. That has happened before. There have been instances where the same two numbers have been drawn back to back in the white balls as well as the same white number showing up in four of five draws, two draws within four having the highest white ball being 20 and one draw where the lowest was 10. Certain numbers and occurrences are just bound to happen. Being random doesn't mean patterns can't happen, it just means you shouldn't plan on a pattern happening or, if one does happen, to continue happening.

And because Brad Duke and maybe other "system" players have won, it does not -- I REPEAT: DOES NOT -- mean their alleged system works. It simply means they were fortunate enough to have their numbers match the drawn numbers. Only once someone claiming to have a system wins one major jackpot each year for three straight years will I start to change my ideas about the so-called systems (and those wins require the same amount of money spent as the initial system win). To me the only way you might increase your chances of winning by using a "system" is that you end up spending more money for more tickets than the average person.

Sorry if I offend any who use and/or believe in systems, that's not my intention... just mentioning the above as cause to not cry "the lottery is rigged" because a system doesn't pay off or because randomness happens.

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: June 11, 2012, 9:05 am - IP Logged

It has nothing to do with anything being rigged, but rather the nature of the game. The game is about being random... anything can happen. Every number has the same chance to hit one draw as it does the next. Plus as someone already mentioned, between Saturday's draw and Wednesday's draw there will have been 5 draws as well as different ball sets between each official draw.

This is why I have such strong feelings against system people who think they can win a jackpot based off a "system". A system may produce a win, but so will blindly picking your numbers, letting an octopus pick them, having a dream of them or choosing a QP.

I understand you may be upset since it didn't work in your favor, but remember you're not the only one. Also remember, or know, the lottery doesn't have to rig their game for jackpots to grow or for them to make money.

There is nothing strange about two 1-35 numbers repeating twice in five weeks or the . As mentioned, it's the nature of the game being random. That has happened before. There have been instances where the same two numbers have been drawn back to back in the white balls as well as the same white number showing up in four of five draws, two draws within four having the highest white ball being 20 and one draw where the lowest was 10. Certain numbers and occurrences are just bound to happen. Being random doesn't mean patterns can't happen, it just means you shouldn't plan on a pattern happening or, if one does happen, to continue happening.

And because Brad Duke and maybe other "system" players have won, it does not -- I REPEAT: DOES NOT -- mean their alleged system works. It simply means they were fortunate enough to have their numbers match the drawn numbers. Only once someone claiming to have a system wins one major jackpot each year for three straight years will I start to change my ideas about the so-called systems (and those wins require the same amount of money spent as the initial system win). To me the only way you might increase your chances of winning by using a "system" is that you end up spending more money for more tickets than the average person.

Sorry if I offend any who use and/or believe in systems, that's not my intention... just mentioning the above as cause to not cry "the lottery is rigged" because a system doesn't pay off or because randomness happens.

Yup, systems are a dime a dozen. New ones come along all the time, claiming they have "cracked the code". Steve Player is a good example of that

claim to shame.  Razz

No conspiracies involved in PB, just flawed misconceptions.   Confused

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: June 11, 2012, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Rant

What I can't fathom is how .................

Don't feel bad, there are plenty of players who have won big once and can't fathom why they can't win big again after repeating what they did for their first big win a hundred times or more.  It's the unpredictable nature of a random drawing.  You probably won something, just not what you expected.  If you were with in these parameters then everything was normal. 

tickets or chances per draw  50
                     possible combos of 5/59 + 1/35 numbers = 175223510
                     MATCH    ODDS            WINNING COMBOS  ODDS 50 CHANCES            MATCHES
                     5/5+B   1 : 175223510      1              1 : 3504470                 0.00
                     5/5+0   1 : 5153633        34             1 : 103073                  0.00
                     4/5+B   1 : 648976         270            1 : 12980                   0.00
                     4/5+0   1 : 19088          9180           1 : 382                     0.00
                     3/5+B   1 : 12245          14310          1 : 245                     0.00
                     3/5+0   1 : 360            486540         1 : 7                       0.14
                     2/5+B   1 : 706            248040         1 : 14                      0.07
                      1/5+B   1 : 111            1581255        1 : 2                       0.45
                      0/5+B   1 : 55             3162510        1 : 1                       0.90

Evil Looking       

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1649 Posts
                      Posted: June 11, 2012, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

PartySmashDanceDrum

It's nice knowing, now, that I'm not alone in my perceptions regarding this game. With so many numbers, combinations, and pre-tests involved, I just can't see how anyone would even begin to want to even consider a system for this game. Very well written in all aspects.Thumbs Up

L.L.

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1649 Posts
                        Posted: June 11, 2012, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Yup, systems are a dime a dozen. New ones come along all the time, claiming they have "cracked the code". Steve Player is a good example of that

claim to shame.  Razz

No conspiracies involved in PB, just flawed misconceptions.   Confused

...And your last sentence is TOPS!!Patriot

L.L.

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: June 11, 2012, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

...And your last sentence is TOPS!!Patriot

L.L.

Thanks L.L. TOP of the evening to ya!  Lep

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7322 Posts
                            Posted: June 11, 2012, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Rant

The overall odd of any one ticket winning something is 1 in every 31.8 tickets sold so after buying 50 QPs, winning on two of those tickets only slightly exceeds the overall odds. The odds against any 50 tickets just breaking even (winning $100) are 245 to 1.  By wheeling a group of numbers you could expect to get more than two winning tickets but only if enough of the numbers you choose are drawn. Brad Duke played his system of buying over 100 tickets a drawing for several months before he won.

"I have a strong feeling of manipulation in this lottery for publicity/ more money purposes."

Almost 2 million tickets managed to win something and if the 70% to 80% of all sales and prizes are from QPs, your "strong feeling of manipulation" had no effect on about 1.5 winning QP tickets. Maybe your statistical analysis shows you what should or should not happen but it means nothing to QP players.

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                              North Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #64582
                              September 1, 2008
                              347 Posts
                              Posted: June 12, 2012, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Rant

LottoNick56:

I know how you are feeling. I've had it where I just KNOW I'm going to win.... and I don't.

I am bummed you didn't win. Not only would that have cool for you, but for Lottery Post too!

Just remember, you can't win if you don't play. I just play one quickpick. I figure if it's meant to be, it will happen with just one line as much as it would if I bought 10 lines.

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss