Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you didn't play and your numbers came up

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 5 years ago by maximumfun.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1654 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2012, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

I don't really see it that way.

I pick my own numbers, but wouldn't feel bad if they came up and I didn't play.  I won't play for small Jackpots, so I shouldn't be upset if my numbers came up in a draw I wouldn't have played in anyway.

Hmmmm, okay. Well, the definition of a "small" jackpot is really left to the personal interpretation of the player in question. Agree? For player "A", $20 million is the end of it...they've finally won the BIG ONE and all their financial issues are solved. For player "B", $20 million is just the start of trying to win ten times that amount...and will end up near broke tryin'. See, they're not appreciative with the amount they've won because "had they just waited a few more draws, they just know they would've hit for the $200+ million".

Hey, it sounds like I'm describing you, doesn't it?Smash Your response strongly reminds me of a thread I started a while back...HOW MUCH MONEY (TO TRY) AND WIN. You should really check it out when you have some time. Buddy, none of these jackpot amounts are guaranteed to any player at any time. When or if a player wins, it is what it is. FACTOID: We don't know how many people have missed out on sub-$100 million JP's just because they were waiting for it to rise more...and their numbers actually hit. Even more so, and a more profound loss, when you're waiting for the mother ship you just might miss the "little sailboat" of (5) numbers for a COOL $1 Million.

Betcha you're not even taking all these possibilities into consideration...I know you're not based on your post. Boney, you're definitely in serious denial about not being upset if your numbers hit but, weren't in the system. This doesn't meet the criteria for the old "Can't miss what you never had" because you did, in fact have it, but you failed to play 'cause you were wanting more. Sometime less is actually more and what you really NEED. If you ever hit for $20 Mill, "on accident", be sure to give it back to the lottery commission or someone else that can use it.Bash Have a great day and good luck!!!!

L.L.

Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1654 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2012, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

I played the same 5 numbers on Cash5 in Virginia for 48 days in a row, day and night on a Multi-Draw ticket.

All 5 numbers came in on the 49th day, the day it expired.

Would've been $100 thousand.

That sucked.

Man, 'ridge!! I really hate that for you, but at least you were actually playin' your numbers consistently on every draw...which seems to have paid off. You know how I feel about consistency. Good job, and, you can probably keep playin' those same basic numbers along with a small variation and hit again in the near future. It has happened before.

One thing I don't get is how other players here seem to "dispatch" their numbers only on certain size jackpots and assumming that it will make a difference. The game you're playing has astronomically better odds than PB or MM's (less numbers) which is why they "cycled through" and hit so soon. Don't fix what's not broken and you'll hit again. Your non-greedy attitude probably helps out a lot as well.Yes Nod

L.L.

kings mountain
      United States
      Member #118667
      November 5, 2011
      208 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2012, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

I play both MM and PB in every drawing... it's a combo of my numbers and quick picks.  I've wondered if someone didn't play that drawing and their numbers came up, must suck I guess.

if someone wins a big jackpot in mega millions or powerball, i don't play for a few weeks.  total waste of money!

kings mountain
        United States
        Member #118667
        November 5, 2011
        208 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2012, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

I played the same 5 numbers on Cash5 in Virginia for 48 days in a row, day and night on a Multi-Draw ticket.

That sucked.

i have been playing the same 3 lines of numbers in nc(cash 5) since may 2011.  i have hit 4 of 5, but not 5 of 5. 

Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1654 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2012, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

i have been playing the same 3 lines of numbers in nc(cash 5) since may 2011.  i have hit 4 of 5, but not 5 of 5. 

Don't fix it and you'll get it. That combination, as a whole, is still in there. I only told 'ridge that he could probably adjust his numbers a tad bit because the WHOLE COMBINATION was drawn already and unlikely to be drawn a second time. This may work for you as well, however, that whole combination has yet to be drawn. Best of luck, man!!!

L.L.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
            Texas
            United States
            Member #92330
            June 5, 2010
            887 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2012, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

if someone wins a big jackpot in mega millions or powerball, i don't play for a few weeks.  total waste of money!

$2 is a waste in order to win at least $20 million? That's enough for me, even $1 for $7 million. It makes me wonder what these people need tens of millions for.

Besides, I'd rather have my money in every draw to increase chances than to waste more in a single draw.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
              United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3857 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2012, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Don't fix it and you'll get it. That combination, as a whole, is still in there. I only told 'ridge that he could probably adjust his numbers a tad bit because the WHOLE COMBINATION was drawn already and unlikely to be drawn a second time. This may work for you as well, however, that whole combination has yet to be drawn. Best of luck, man!!!

L.L.

I been playing the same #set on JC5 for over 10 years,

had 3/5 more times than i can remember, had 4/5 once,

now for that elusive 5/5

after that I'll be playing QPs or changing #s a lot.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3857 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2012, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

$2 is a waste in order to win at least $20 million? That's enough for me, even $1 for $7 million. It makes me wonder what these people need tens of millions for.

Besides, I'd rather have my money in every draw to increase chances than to waste more in a single draw.

I Agree!

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                  Lavender Rocket

United States
                  Member #124616
                  March 16, 2012
                  2642 Posts
                  Posted: June 17, 2012, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

That sucked.

ok that would sincerely stink.