Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What kind of car would you get?

Topic closed. 425 replies. Last post 4 years ago by hearsetrax.

Page 16 of 29
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: July 16, 2012, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

After the "71" Pinto, this would be my second choice.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: July 16, 2012, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Looks like an environmental friendly Bat Mobile.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3856 Posts
      Posted: July 16, 2012, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Under $1m it's a new GT500. Above that it's a Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale.

One of these passed me today on the AC expressway,

never seen one before, PA. lic plate said "PHILYLAW"

philadelphia lawyer ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3856 Posts
        Posted: July 16, 2012, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I'd keep my same ole '98 F150.  First off, I'm not materialistic like that.  Second, I don't want to attract attention.  I love my truck.

I Agree! Yea earlier in the thread I said might go for a new sierra,

but my 96 silverado w/ 134000 mi. is just broke in so maybe i'll wait a while,

while the attention wears off.

right now though I'm driving my wife's car to work cause trucks a/c not working and we are in a roaster.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: July 16, 2012, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Looks like an environmental friendly Bat Mobile.

Extremely environmentally friendly, six miles to the gallon, with lots of plastic composite components which can be recycled into milk cartons.  Thumbs Up

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: July 16, 2012, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Extremely environmentally friendly, six miles to the gallon, with lots of plastic composite components which can be recycled into milk cartons.  Thumbs Up

MOO GOO Gai Pan....

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: July 16, 2012, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

MOO GOO Gai Pan....

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: July 17, 2012, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Wow this long drive is making us all so tired.   Sleep     OK everyone let's all take a safety nap, so that I don't use any poor judgement on the road.    Wink

United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: July 17, 2012, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Wow this long drive is making us all so tired.   Sleep     OK everyone let's all take a safety nap, so that I don't use any poor judgement on the road.    Wink

No wonder they crashed. w/ 6 ppl. in that little car the driver could'nt turn the sreering wheel. LOL

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: July 17, 2012, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Yea earlier in the thread I said might go for a new sierra,

but my 96 silverado w/ 134000 mi. is just broke in so maybe i'll wait a while,

while the attention wears off.

right now though I'm driving my wife's car to work cause trucks a/c not working and we are in a roaster.

Your dreaming.

With that many miles you can plan on spending an average of $300. per month for up keep. (or you could just keep it parked in the drive and "say" that you drive it) And when you get close to 200k miles plan on doing an engine over haul. I have 230k, miles on my work truck and this is the second truck I drove over 200k.

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: July 17, 2012, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

Your dreaming.

With that many miles you can plan on spending an average of $300. per month for up keep. (or you could just keep it parked in the drive and "say" that you drive it) And when you get close to 200k miles plan on doing an engine over haul. I have 230k, miles on my work truck and this is the second truck I drove over 200k.

You certainly get your moneys worth out of your trucks Ronnie! 230,000 miles, that like a little over nine times around the planet. Does going

around the earth that many times get you dizzy at all??     Crazy

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: July 17, 2012, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

You certainly get your moneys worth out of your trucks Ronnie! 230,000 miles, that like a little over nine times around the planet. Does going

around the earth that many times get you dizzy at all??     Crazy

So that's why I'm feeling dizzy?? I was wondering. Oh yeah. I can give you a whole shopping list of stuff I put into the truck. Had a distributor put in this past week. lol. At some point it just becomes a challenge to see how long it can be made to keep running. I bought a new replacement truck and then changed my mind, traded it for the "fun" truck and continued pouring money into this one. lol. lol.

United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3856 Posts
                          Posted: July 17, 2012, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Your dreaming.

"you may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one"  John Lennon

I still have all my reciepts and records, keep meaning to sit down and see how much it cost me to get this far.

right now the a/c is not working so I 'm driving my wife's car to work on these 98 degree days.

as far as costs go I do a lot of the work myself, unless special tools are required.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: July 17, 2012, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

"you may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one"  John Lennon

I still have all my reciepts and records, keep meaning to sit down and see how much it cost me to get this far.

right now the a/c is not working so I 'm driving my wife's car to work on these 98 degree days.

as far as costs go I do a lot of the work myself, unless special tools are required.

Like I said, just keep it parked in the driveway. Then you wont even have to put gas in it.

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: July 17, 2012, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Like I said, just keep it parked in the driveway. Then you wont even have to put gas in it.

What about a commuter bike with utility trailer?   Idea

Page 16 of 29