Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where can I download drawings?

Topic closed. 65 replies. Last post 4 years ago by paurths.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
Economy class
Belgium
Member #123700
February 27, 2012
4035 Posts
Posted: July 9, 2012, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

HI SergeM.

Simply, go OLG.ca and click in Keno.

Have good day.Smile

There is keno, but not the full history in a file. Bad service as they have a database somewhere!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: July 13, 2012, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

There is keno, but not the full history in a file. Bad service as they have a database somewhere!

Looks like you just  have to work with what they give you unless you want to use one of the others sources mentioned.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: July 13, 2012, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Looks like you just  have to work with what they give you unless you want to use one of the others sources mentioned.

Good point RJ, after all we are the ones providing a "service" to the states. If anything we should be submitting cards and letters expressing our gratitude over what good masters they are.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2012, 1:47 am - IP Logged

Good point RJ, after all we are the ones providing a "service" to the states. If anything we should be submitting cards and letters expressing our gratitude over what good masters they are.

I don't know if we has to go that far but working with what history is available some players seem to mine more data than others from the same sources.

The players who think such data could give them an edge in picking a winning combination can't really expect much help from the states since their main interest is enriching themselves, not the players.

Evil Looking       

me-thinker's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg
          Toronto
          Canada
          Member #60905
          May 5, 2008
          28 Posts
          Posted: July 15, 2012, 9:50 am - IP Logged

I am looking for a site to download history of drawings for Ontario Canada Keno.
          Other general links are welcome too.

The local lottery is offering all drawings and payoutus in .csv.

Thank you for helping!

Hi SergeM.

Simple, Go to OLG.ca

Have a good dayHurray!

Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: July 15, 2012, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

I will try to program the download this summer. Some lotteries seem to boycott the downloading. There might be a central on internet where players could download all drawings from anywhere. The information must come from somewhere for the programmers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: July 15, 2012, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

I will try to program the download this summer. Some lotteries seem to boycott the downloading. There might be a central on internet where players could download all drawings from anywhere. The information must come from somewhere for the programmers.

A few years ago I came across a website that did that as a service with several formats for downloading the data but they charged for the services.

Todd has mentioned several times that he pays for such a service to maintain LP lottery data files. I think for websites that need daily updates for all the lotteries, it's a better option than personally checking each lottery website daily for the latest results.

Evil Looking       

Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: July 16, 2012, 1:19 am - IP Logged

A few years ago I came across a website that did that as a service with several formats for downloading the data but they charged for the services.

Todd has mentioned several times that he pays for such a service to maintain LP lottery data files. I think for websites that need daily updates for all the lotteries, it's a better option than personally checking each lottery website daily for the latest results.

I am sure that they don't do a good job.

paurths's avatar - underground
                  Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                  Belgium
                  Member #19287
                  July 29, 2005
                  2254 Posts
                  Posted: July 16, 2012, 1:42 am - IP Logged

And why would that be the case?

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: July 16, 2012, 1:59 am - IP Logged

Who ever does LP data files does a good job, at least they have away matched my files and I update them using the Ohio Lottery website.  As a regular LP member I can check the last 10 drawings of any game but on USAMega anyone can check all the previous drawings of MM and PB.

Evil Looking       

Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123700
                      February 27, 2012
                      4035 Posts
                      Posted: July 16, 2012, 10:36 am - IP Logged

Who ever does LP data files does a good job, at least they have away matched my files and I update them using the Ohio Lottery website.  As a regular LP member I can check the last 10 drawings of any game but on USAMega anyone can check all the previous drawings of MM and PB.

Probably the data that you needed was fine! I had a chat with a member here about the Belgian lotto. He had the data from LP and I tell you that it wasn't correct.
                      We have sometimes extra drawings, the games changed in size and in payout. For keno we used to have a 20/80 and now we have a  20/70. Different games shouldn't be in the same database. So, basically the job wasn't well done. I don't know if you can download Keno, pick3, lotto, super lotto, extra lotto, joker and joker+ for Belgium in LP. That would be a good job. Also can you filter in that by days?

I don't say that they don't work. I also heard about mistakes in databases for other lotteries. Sometimes you don't find the game in the set of databases. A+ from GH has the same problem. Checking out other open programs per country, I also found mistakes.

I get the results straight from the local lottery online, and I also can get the count of winners with the amount of payout in another file.

When I saw mistakes with the Belgian website, I contacted them, and I can tell you that they do something. The online site for playing has just been renewed today.

paurths's avatar - underground
                        Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                        Belgium
                        Member #19287
                        July 29, 2005
                        2254 Posts
                        Posted: July 16, 2012, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Probably the data that you needed was fine! I had a chat with a member here about the Belgian lotto. He had the data from LP and I tell you that it wasn't correct.
                        We have sometimes extra drawings, the games changed in size and in payout. For keno we used to have a 20/80 and now we have a  20/70. Different games shouldn't be in the same database. So, basically the job wasn't well done. I don't know if you can download Keno, pick3, lotto, super lotto, extra lotto, joker and joker+ for Belgium in LP. That would be a good job. Also can you filter in that by days?

I don't say that they don't work. I also heard about mistakes in databases for other lotteries. Sometimes you don't find the game in the set of databases. A+ from GH has the same problem. Checking out other open programs per country, I also found mistakes.

I get the results straight from the local lottery online, and I also can get the count of winners with the amount of payout in another file.

When I saw mistakes with the Belgian website, I contacted them, and I can tell you that they do something. The online site for playing has just been renewed today.

Are you quite done with telling how everyone is doing a bad job?

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: July 17, 2012, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Probably the data that you needed was fine!

It was fine and that was the basis for my judgement. 

If you found errors then you should point them out rather than going by some "he said" statements.  I find when one is making up stories usually the only proof they have to back them up are a bunch of "he said" and "they said" statements from no name sources.

Evil Looking       

Economy class
                            Belgium
                            Member #123700
                            February 27, 2012
                            4035 Posts
                            Posted: July 17, 2012, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

I just wrote it, the American programs and sites that I checked use a database of drawings for the Belgian games that is not complete or even mixes with finished games. If stuff is going wrong for here, it is also going wrong for elsewhere.

So what did those programmers do? They paid someone somewhere to get those drawings. And there it is going wrong.

I get the Belgian stuff from the source, so I know what I am talking about. Paying a program or website for getting wrong automized input?

"If you found errors then you should point them out rather than going by some "he said" statements.  I find when one is making up stories usually the only proof they have to back them up are a bunch of "he said" an "they said" statements from no name sources."

This is what happens when you talk to people, you don't get it written on a website or on paper, they just say things or type it in messageboxes.

I you think that Todd and other programmers don't know the problem, then you are wrong. I don't have to point out mistakes, I am not their paid analyst.

If you want to check it out, just go to the Belgian website yourself and look at what you can download. As for Ontario, if the Canadians don't ask for a download able file, they probably won't get it too soon. Someone there has to do the effort.

Economy class
                              Belgium
                              Member #123700
                              February 27, 2012
                              4035 Posts
                              Posted: July 17, 2012, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Are you quite done with telling how everyone is doing a bad job?

Just what is your job? Complaining about complaining people?