Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 12:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

do you worry when you spend money$

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
Nova Scotia
Canada
Member #9934
December 27, 2004
891 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2012, 10:15 am - IP Logged

I spend money on the lottery numbers- then if I lose- I am dissapointed and think I wasted money- how do you combat the feelings?

I am working on that daily- attempting not to lose faith]

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2012, 10:23 am - IP Logged

I honestly don't spend anything on entertainment except lottery, so I think of it as my entertainment budget.

I still feel like I've wasted money when I lose on scratch offs, and on Pick 3, probably because the time between buying the ticket and the drawing/scratching is so short, plus the maximum $$$ you can win is so small it's hard to dream about what you'd buy.  LOL  I combat that by not buying scratch offs, and severely limiting Pick 3 play.  I'm probably going to give up on Pick 3 altogether too.

collegem$'s avatar - ts
      Disney Land
      United States
      Member #92265
      June 3, 2010
      7024 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2012, 10:44 am - IP Logged

I spend money on the lottery numbers- then if I lose- I am dissapointed and think I wasted money- how do you combat the feelings?

Elizabeth03,

If today was your last day would you have changed anything? I mean if you grab a coffee and a lotto to go..would you have regretted that? Coffee

Or wish you had a taken another hobby? 

Or what other (add) ition would you have? ... I say that cause I am number add it.

I think it is part of the game..Especially for us women. 

Lottery is an entertainment..Sometimes I sit at a movie..and think,  "Wow, soon (really soon) it is going to be worth my time and $$$$ to sit here."

In the end, after the Lurking it turns out to be a disappointment.

Spend what your budget allows.. Put away the lotto tickets after you check them (closely)  so they don't bring you the heavy feelings.

Wear cute pajamas to bed...because you never know who you will meet in your dreams.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #123290
        February 17, 2012
        3089 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2012, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Hey, aren't you the one who is suppose to be taking a break from the lotto?

You sound like a nervous wreck!! You know what? Right now I'm beginning to think you

coudn't handle a win!! I think if won millions you'd end up the the hospital, stop being such a worry

wort and RELAX!!!!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19901 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2012, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

You just stop playing just like folks who feel they can't afford cigarettes stop smoking.  Lotteries are designed such that less than 5% of those playing ever win anything.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4985 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2012, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

You should always play within your means....if you feel guilty even spending one dollar, then give up something.....eating out once a month or Starbucks. Look at what numbers won and spend a few minutes looking at past winning numbers and pick new ones. I can honestly say I have never felt disappointment and view it all as entertainment. I think if I ever won, I would probably first say "darn it, when will I find time during weekly business hours to go claim it?"

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
              Nova Scotia
              Canada
              Member #9934
              December 27, 2004
              891 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2012, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Thank you to HoLeeKau, collegem$, Nikkicute, Rjoh, @ Artist77- you are very lovely and supportive people, and I admire your insight;

Yes I do view the lottery as a form of entertainment,as well get disappointment, I actually get too hard on myself if my instincts don't line up with the numbers.. And do definitely step back and take a few days or longer break and go outside for a walk;

Then when I apply my numbers again; I get lottery fatigue- I guess it might be called.

So when, I play the lottery again, will start small, and remember, my wonderful friends here, who feel the same way; that I do occasionally.  Thank you very much-

Party

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3857 Posts
                Posted: July 29, 2012, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

No I just stick my budget and don't worry about it,

if fact i rarely give it a 2nd thought.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                  Columbus, Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #128906
                  June 5, 2012
                  599 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2012, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Don't ever give up, whether its Lotto or anything else.  There's to many other people winning, if they can do it so can you.  Btw, lets say you eat a quick meal which is $6-$7, its money down the drain.  By playing you're investing a few bucks into potentially changing your life.  Keep a realistic budget and don't go over.  I use my weekly $26 as part of my entertainment expense.

United States
                    Member #112507
                    June 21, 2011
                    10 Posts
                    Posted: July 29, 2012, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

i do sometimes but i get $300-$400 monthly sale from my illegal business, all that money goes to lottery lol

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5763 Posts
                      Posted: July 29, 2012, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Elizabeth, if you are having second thoughts about how much you spend, then play just enough to be "in the game". I usually spend about $30 a week but last week I got a major bug up the behind and blew over $50. That's real rare for me to do that, but I play with the mindset that I expect to lose more than I win. I'm really playing for the chance to win enough to retire. But I keep my expectations realistic.

By the way, my Mother had or has family in Nova Scotia, and I'm gonna pm you sometime to see if you know any of them. I've never met any of them, but it would be cool if you know them. Gotta run for now. Good luck this week!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                        Mcminnville, Oregon
                        United States
                        Member #3013
                        December 13, 2003
                        3094 Posts
                        Posted: July 30, 2012, 12:29 am - IP Logged

I like to play every drawing just enough to cover my personal picks and then maybe a QP or two for both mega millions and powerball.  I don't play any other game then the multi-state games because I like the thought of having a nice big prize to take home.  I budget the money into my entertainment fund for each month so when the fund is gone no more lottery tickets.  But I usually have enough to play the whole month.  I would not worry about the money you spend in the lottery because at least you are doing something that is fun and can win big at it too.  Good luck Elizabeth!-weshar75

US Flag

lotsofwins's avatar - half planet.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #114703
                          August 5, 2011
                          4623 Posts
                          Posted: July 30, 2012, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Elizabeth-alot of people on here are going to disagree with me, but I use to play every game every day, and it did get exhausting and I rarely won, as of right now I only play one number one draw in p3 and also playing cash 5 one ticket only so this week for example, I'm spending $14 dollars- I can almost guarantee you that I will at least break even with the cash 5 at the end of the week, and if not 14 dollars is not something I'm concerned with, oh also I'm playing PB this week, can't help it when its as high as it is, but I don't go crazy I will spend $6 on it, so 20 this week, will let you know if it was worth it at the end of the week, also if you are someone who worries each time you buy a ticket, because I used to be like that too, I would say buy multiple plays both my p3 and cash five are good until August 3rd, that way I don't have to worry about it or feel guilty, everybody that has responded has had very good advice, good luck..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: July 30, 2012, 1:22 am - IP Logged

i do sometimes but i get $300-$400 monthly sale from my illegal business, all that money goes to lottery lol

I thought illegal businesses made a lot more than that.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                              adelaide sa
                              Australia
                              Member #37136
                              April 11, 2006
                              3316 Posts
                              Posted: July 30, 2012, 7:48 am - IP Logged

dont worry liz,  if your brain could pull up winning lotto numbers at will life  would be hell.,  for starters your brain would be in a lab somewhere being dissected by men in white coats.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318