Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

do you worry when you spend money$

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
Nova Scotia
Canada
Member #9934
December 27, 2004
884 Posts
Posted: August 1, 2012, 11:47 am - IP Logged

What Robin Williams- said about his brain- is too funny!!!

Also, I will buy another ticket one of these days. Have held off on it, unsure of my footing with the numbers- but going to give myself, a gentle nudge to go forward..

Also- hope that you all out there, win  and be prosperous!

Hyper

United States
    Member #112507
    June 21, 2011
    10 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2012, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Surly you jest BossMike. The Illuminati (in charge of all things) and the Lottery work very closely together to make sure that large winning lottery tickets were purchased with ligitimately obtained funds. Definitely NOT a good laundering location for your illegal activities.

Oh man I will serve as a slave to them if they can tell where my $5 dollar bill is coming from.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      22861 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2012, 10:59 am - IP Logged

I spend money on the lottery numbers- then if I lose- I am dissapointed and think I wasted money- how do you combat the feelings?

I am working on that daily- attempting not to lose faith]

If you're talking about jackpot games, you'll have to accept the fact there will be many times where you are a loser.

Everyone has those feelings about buying a ticket, being excited about winning and then after the draw feeling like the same loser they were

last week. You have to accept if you want to play, it's not wasting money..it's taking a chance. If you go into it always wanting to win, fine

but if you lose you have to get over it. Quick. If this is what you like to do, act like it, if not, quit.

You can have faith but first you need to find the balance between being a gulity loser and a player who knows they're going to win as

soon as they purchase their lottery ticket.

Don't have more faith than common sense about these games and play smart, lose smart too...meaning lose the guilt.

Good luck!

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #74096
        May 2, 2009
        22861 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2012, 11:03 am - IP Logged

ttech10, Ronnie316, importchips, zinniagirl;  I spend $1 to $ 2 dollars per draw;and

if I lose, I regret buying the ticket, thinking that I could of used the money, for something else- that is only because I do not choose my numbers wiser like I should be doing!

I  have had to spend my money frugally some days, it doesn't make me happy, but I've done it!

I just read this now...you're only spending a dollar or two?

That's so minimal.

What would you have used the money for instead of buying a ticket or two?

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Nova Scotia
          Canada
          Member #9934
          December 27, 2004
          884 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2012, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Hello dr65- I don't enjoy spending the little amount at a time on the lottery, but I am not employed.. And still looking for a job in the meantime;

So, any other money I have I spend on buying milk and other groceries; as well as going on the bus, where I want to go.

Hope to enjoy playing the lottery more and profit  so that I can splurge and enjoy life more, thank you!

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2012, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

I just read this now...you're only spending a dollar or two?

That's so minimal.

What would you have used the money for instead of buying a ticket or two?

Interesting that you should ask dr65, considering you have a dr in front of your name. I'm certain that you are able to do simple addition problems and understand that $80. a month salted away will accumulate to almost $10k after 10 years and with interest could be DOUBLE that amount making it possible to buy a few extra tv dinners or possibly even take the wif out for a steak dinner and a dr pepper??

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2012, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

What Robin Williams- said about his brain- is too funny!!!

Also, I will buy another ticket one of these days. Have held off on it, unsure of my footing with the numbers- but going to give myself, a gentle nudge to go forward..

Also- hope that you all out there, win  and be prosperous!

Hyper

Funny and true Elizabe  Elizabeth03and you never know which head he is think with (or about)

Nova Scotia
                Canada
                Member #9934
                December 27, 2004
                884 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2012, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie316,

now you are making me hungry for a steak and a Dr pepper;Sad Cheers

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22861 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2012, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Hello dr65- I don't enjoy spending the little amount at a time on the lottery, but I am not employed.. And still looking for a job in the meantime;

So, any other money I have I spend on buying milk and other groceries; as well as going on the bus, where I want to go.

Hope to enjoy playing the lottery more and profit  so that I can splurge and enjoy life more, thank you!

Ahh, I see Elizabeth. Whatever someone wants to spend on the lottery is their business. I just wondered what you were feeling guilty about and

what you might spend the money on if it wasn't being spent on the lottery. I don't see anything wrong with spending the amount you do to

possibly come out hundreds/thousands of times ahead. It's important to understand the odds and the odds are it may never happen to you or

me. Then again there's a chance the next winner might be you but you do have to play. From what you say, I'd say you're playing very

responsibly and shouldn't feel guilty about it.

It doesn't sound to me like your harming anyone buying lottery instead of milk/other groceries or other things. I'd continue to enjoy playing

and get over the guilt, it's not a lot.

Good luck!

Nova Scotia
                    Canada
                    Member #9934
                    December 27, 2004
                    884 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2012, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

I don't feel guilty if i spend a few dollars a day on tickets- It is only discouraging for me If I don't win- and feel like I wasted the money, I could of used for something else- but basically I don't like to feel guilty. Just wish that I was wiser with the lottery numbers- that is all!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19817 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2012, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

I don't feel guilty if i spend a few dollars a day on tickets- It is only discouraging for me If I don't win- and feel like I wasted the money, I could of used for something else- but basically I don't like to feel guilty. Just wish that I was wiser with the lottery numbers- that is all!

All you're doing by discussion your feelings about losing is making the folks who win feel bad about something they can't change.  Without losers there wouldn't be any prizes to win and they wouldn't play.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Nova Scotia
                        Canada
                        Member #9934
                        December 27, 2004
                        884 Posts
                        Posted: August 3, 2012, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Well Rjoh, I never want anybody to feel bad about the days that they play the lottery. I want people to win, their heart's desire!!

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                          Clarksville
                          United States
                          Member #487
                          July 15, 2002
                          17638 Posts
                          Posted: August 3, 2012, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

I spend money on the lottery numbers- then if I lose- I am dissapointed and think I wasted money- how do you combat the feelings?

Attempting not to lose faith?  What a weird statement.  I thought the lottery was a game..not a god.

If you have feelings like these, then maybe playing the lottery is not for you.  If you feel guilt or anxiety over a lottery ticket, you need to get another hobby.  the only time I feel guilty is when I exceed my budget..which isn't often.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5114 Posts
                            Posted: August 3, 2012, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

MOVE 2 D USA>>>>>>>>>>>>>EBO3:

NO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EBO3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PLAY>$$$$$$$USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSYKOMO

Keke242's avatar - nicebear
                              Florida
                              Bahamas
                              Member #130323
                              July 11, 2012
                              451 Posts
                              Posted: August 3, 2012, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

I worry but think of it like a investment :)

Good luck and blessings to all