Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won the PB or MM

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 4 years ago by gogidolim.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

What would you do with your money if you won the PB or MM

Buy huge home [ 8 ]  [21.05%]
Buy a expensive car [ 6 ]  [15.79%]
Help a orphanage [ 1 ]  [2.63%]
Help the homeless [ 6 ]  [15.79%]
Help family [ 8 ]  [21.05%]
Keep it all [ 5 ]  [13.16%]
Take the money and move to a tropical island [ 4 ]  [10.53%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3856 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2012, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Thank you THRIFTY. I have been considering this trip since the age of 10, as I have always been an avid Astronomer.

The Alpha Centauri star system is the closest star system to Earth (only 4.3 light years, just a walk in the park astrologically).

BTW did you mean a very God thing, or a very good thing.  What? 

One of my earlier spacecraft prototypes as a young lad. (That's my girlfriend Gail  Love ). Oh and lets not forget my dog Shakespeare!  Lovies

MC56,

I think you used this pic. in the news thread for 212M JP, no ?

Its the corner of pittsburgh & grand in mars PA.

also i think those 10 years old cars in the background are younger than you.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Bronx, NY
    United States
    Member #124198
    March 8, 2012
    105 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2012, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Huge house, expensive car (or two).  I'd help family and a few friends and give some to charity.

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: August 10, 2012, 5:43 am - IP Logged

MC56,

I think you used this pic. in the news thread for 212M JP, no ?

Its the corner of pittsburgh & grand in mars PA.

also i think those 10 years old cars in the background are younger than you.

Absolutely correct haymaker! For being among one of the first to notice this multi-usage of my images, I hereby award you the honorary degree of

"Astute Observer Of Lottery Forum Threads", and all associated honors, bragging rights and special privileges that come with this highly sought

after title. Congratulations, and best of luck and continued success in this specialized field. Your degree will be mailed to you shortly.  Mail For You

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: August 10, 2012, 5:49 am - IP Logged

Are you being serious ....

Serious a s a heart attack.....

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: August 10, 2012, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Are you being serious ....

Thrifty is the representative and spokes person for the entire left wing establishment.

You would do well to take heed of his every word if you want to walk in lock step with the powers that be in charge of the once free world.

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: August 10, 2012, 1:12 pm - IP Logged
              The Hitman's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
              Fayetteville Georgia
              United States
              Member #71666
              March 1, 2009
              4885 Posts
              Posted: August 12, 2012, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Start a non-profit organizaton for under privileged Children.

I pay my bills with lottery money - I get it get it!

Republic of Texas
                United States
                Member #57557
                January 9, 2008
                1095 Posts
                Posted: August 12, 2012, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

"nonoperating"?  Skeptical

Color me confused....

I couldn't check any or all of the above... but 10% off the top for a charity trust, either a remainder trust or a lead trust, whichever my advisors recommend. I'd like to support animal rescues and give money to childrens hospitals. With this kind of money, I'd prolly give cash direct to immediate family (and yep pay some gift tax), then set the balance up to minimize future estate & gift taxes. Whatever it is that people like Romney do with their millions. Actually, I'd like to have Romney's advisor. I've got the name of one of them somewhere....

Once that is all set, then yep, I'd buy a house, a couple of vacation homes, some cars, and a flying horse or two.  I heard the owners of one of the gold medal jumpers from Germany is in bankruptcy and the horse was confiscated after the olympics. They have some of the nicest show jumpers in the world. I wonder if I could pick them up cheap....

Hippy

We can always dream, can't we? White Bounce

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                  Mcminnville, Oregon
                  United States
                  Member #3013
                  December 13, 2003
                  3055 Posts
                  Posted: August 12, 2012, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

When I win the powerball on wednesday night.  I am going to be a limosine riding, leer jet flying son of a gun.  Alcohol and booty calls is all that is left for me.  Party like its 1999 every day.  Whooo hooo!!!  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!  Blaze a trail!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!-weshar75

US Flag

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: August 12, 2012, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

"nonoperating"?  Skeptical

Color me confused....

I couldn't check any or all of the above... but 10% off the top for a charity trust, either a remainder trust or a lead trust, whichever my advisors recommend. I'd like to support animal rescues and give money to childrens hospitals. With this kind of money, I'd prolly give cash direct to immediate family (and yep pay some gift tax), then set the balance up to minimize future estate & gift taxes. Whatever it is that people like Romney do with their millions. Actually, I'd like to have Romney's advisor. I've got the name of one of them somewhere....

Once that is all set, then yep, I'd buy a house, a couple of vacation homes, some cars, and a flying horse or two.  I heard the owners of one of the gold medal jumpers from Germany is in bankruptcy and the horse was confiscated after the olympics. They have some of the nicest show jumpers in the world. I wonder if I could pick them up cheap....

Hippy

We can always dream, can't we? White Bounce

I posted the link so you could check it. There is no reason to pay any tax on money you give to legal charitable organizations, income tax or otherwise.

Even if you are giving to a family, there are lots of organizations who operate for the purpose of doing that, just use them to do it instead of paying the tax. Perhaps you could help two families instead of one??

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: August 12, 2012, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I posted the link so you could check it. There is no reason to pay any tax on money you give to legal charitable organizations, income tax or otherwise.

Even if you are giving to a family, there are lots of organizations who operate for the purpose of doing that, just use them to do it instead of paying the tax. Perhaps you could help two families instead of one??

Not only are you a 5+1 winner, but your helping out our needy families. You need to receive 6 more blue bars, and be voted the most successful

and charitable member EVER!!!   Blue Angel

Thanks Ronnie, we are all in debt to you bro.  Cheers

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: August 12, 2012, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Not only are you a 5+1 winner, but your helping out our needy families. You need to receive 6 more blue bars, and be voted the most successful

and charitable member EVER!!!   Blue Angel

Thanks Ronnie, we are all in debt to you bro.  Cheers

Thank you sir, the size going to the foundation will be a large portion of the total.

$5-10 mil. will be more than enough for myself to buy toys and have a lifetime of income. 

Republic of Texas
                          United States
                          Member #57557
                          January 9, 2008
                          1095 Posts
                          Posted: August 12, 2012, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Um, when I said 'give to immediate family' that meant more like parents, siblings, children. Not some charitible gift to some random family in need. There's probably ways around gift tax when giving to family members, but I'd leave that to the experts. 

Any charity that I would do would not be to benefit individuals or individual families, but organizations that help children and rescue animals. I would never give to families directly. That opens you up to pandering. Call me selfish if you'd like, I couldn't care less.

What I questioned was the term you used. I've never heard of a 'nonoperating' foundation. I've never heard of that. I didn't see that term in your link either. Typo maybe?

The link you gave had good info for being written in 2001, but there are more current websites with information on charitible trusts and foundations.

http://programforgiving.org/charitable/pages/home.jsp 

http://www.charitabletrust.com/default.aspx

http://www.cof.org/

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: August 12, 2012, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Um, when I said 'give to immediate family' that meant more like parents, siblings, children. Not some charitible gift to some random family in need. There's probably ways around gift tax when giving to family members, but I'd leave that to the experts. 

Any charity that I would do would not be to benefit individuals or individual families, but organizations that help children and rescue animals. I would never give to families directly. That opens you up to pandering. Call me selfish if you'd like, I couldn't care less.

What I questioned was the term you used. I've never heard of a 'nonoperating' foundation. I've never heard of that. I didn't see that term in your link either. Typo maybe?

The link you gave had good info for being written in 2001, but there are more current websites with information on charitible trusts and foundations.

http://programforgiving.org/charitable/pages/home.jsp 

http://www.charitabletrust.com/default.aspx

http://www.cof.org/

Wow, ok. I see in the link that reading all the way past the first sentence would have been required for you to find information on "private nonoperating foundations" sorry you found it so difficult to navigate. Maybe just stick to handing it out in cash??????

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: August 12, 2012, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

"Jack" handed out the money in cash to his family and the body count rose to 3 or 4, something like that, due to overdoses but I think he is broke now and his life is all better.